Splatoon Direct Summary

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
alright, so you can DOWNLOAD the demo now, but the event doesn't start until tomorrow. trying to connect just gives you an error, and the game tells you to wait

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
alright, so you can DOWNLOAD the demo now, but the event doesn't start until tomorrow
Yeah, you cannot play unless the servers are up. All you can do is stare at it, and enjoy the music.

viewtifulduck82

Inkling
NNID
viewtifulduck82
I go all digital for my games. I got a white Wii U at launch, and got TB hard drive. I'm never running out of space aha

Setnaro X

Full Squid
alright, so you can DOWNLOAD the demo now, but the event doesn't start until tomorrow. trying to connect just gives you an error, and the game tells you to wait
Doesn't the demo have something for players to do though? Like walk around the hub or at least try out the local multiplayer?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Time to try to hack the demo and see if I can set up a LAN. Putting on my lab coat. Those Japanese scientists could hire me.

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
Just noticed the squid on the demo icon has aviators like the research lab team.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
All those free stuff feel like it should've been in the game in the first place. Unless someone can prove otherwise, it just looks like locked content in an attempt to keep the game fresh.
Yeah, I think Nintendo saw that regularly releasing new content was effective at keeping players coming back in Smash and Mario Kart, so they chose to implement it here. I don't mind too much, because it looks like there will definitely be enough to play with at launch to make the game feel worthwhile.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
i already ship them i mean what
But that's forbidden love

All those free stuff feel like it should've been in the game in the first place. Unless someone can prove otherwise, it just looks like locked content in an attempt to keep the game fresh.
I can prove it, there's no evidence saying that it's locked content and you're just pulling that out your arse.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Yeah, I think Nintendo saw that regularly releasing new content was effective at keeping players coming back in Smash and Mario Kart, so they chose to implement it here. I don't mind too much, because it looks like there will definitely be enough to play with at launch to make the game feel worthwhile.
I'm fine with it too, but I'm just worried that we may lose a lot of active players online before we get all the content. We're talking stuff getting released all the way to August. I seriously hope Splatoon remains strong until then. I know we have a community here, but we're rather small compared to other online arena shooters like TF2.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
I can prove it, there's no evidence saying that it's locked content and you're just pulling that out your arse.
There's no evidence saying that it isn't locked content either. We can clearly see they have some maps and weapons already completed, so what's keeping it from being available right from the start?

lightdasher

Pro Squid
I'm fine with it too, but I'm just worried that we may lose a lot of active players online before we get all the content. We're talking stuff getting released all the way to August. I seriously hope Splatoon remains strong until then. I know we have a community here, but we're rather small compared to other online arena shooters like TF2.
Maybe because TF2 has been out for at least 10 years and Splatoon hasn't even released yet.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
possibly

i really don't think sothough. the only one they've actually shown is the ink brush, which might be buggy and doesn't work in the current build for some reason, so they're going to polish it before pushing it out after the game's released. the new weapons like the aerospray MG and splatterscope are in the base game, so don't worry

stuff like private lobbies should've been in the base game though, i agree on that

for the most part it looks like they're just going to push out new maps, weapons, and clothes for free. splatoon's definitely gone gold by now, so in the few weeks before release, they've probably been working on the DLC items

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
Fortunately, these discussion boards do not represent everyone who will be playing Splatoon, and probably will never represent the entire playerbase.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
...tf2 is 8 years old, of course splatoon isn't nearly as big as it is

plus the base game is bursting with content. i really don't get how you could see this direct and the little free stuff they'll be adding in later as free DLC as something to be pessimistic about

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
possibly

i really don't think sothough. the only one they've actually shown is the ink brush, which might be buggy and doesn't work in the current build for some reason, so they're going to polish it before pushing it out after the game's released. the new weapons like the aerospray MG and splatterscope are in the base game, so don't worry

stuff like private lobbies should've been in the base game though, i agree on that

for the most part it looks like they're just going to push out new maps, weapons, and clothes for free. splatoon's definitely gone gold by now, so in the few weeks before release, they've probably been working on the DLC items
Wait, private matches aren't in the game at launch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom