• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
No Squiffer at launch SUCKS. But I guess that means I'll get to learn how to use an actual sniping weapon lol.

Wait... The hero weapons aren't on here. I guess nobody's unlocked them yet? There's some otherwise unreleased weapons on there, so I'm curious how that's handled.
They're either rebalancing the Squiffer itself and/or it's sub/special is still being developed, that's my theory anyway.

As for the Hero weapons, they don't need to be listed since they're just reskins of pre-existing weapons, i.e. Hero Shot is exactly the same as the Splattershot.
The Hero Brella is an interesting case as I wonder if we can unlock it for multiplayer even though the normal version hasn't released yet. That'd be pretty neat but I highly doubt it.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Update time! The list has updated quite a bit. Nothing new for launch weapons, but there are now different tabs for all the different weapon classes, and in those you can find the specific stats of a given weapon, in addition to the info available in the regular "Weapons" tab. But what's really big is a new tab, titled "Future Weapons", which includes a lot of weapons we already expected, like the Splat Brella, and several alt kits for existing weapons. But in addition to those, there are the more... interesting entries. I'm sure not everyone wants to know about these though, so I'll be putting the rest of my post in a spoiler.

The first entry that deserves some special attention is the Hero Brella. Many had suspected this would happen, due to there now being Hero skins of every other class's standard weapon (including the Blaster and Brush, which seem to have split off into their own classes), and also the fact that there is room for 8 spots in the "Other Weapons" tab of your upgrade screen in the single player.

The Hero Shot is found in the "Hero Set" tab, so the missing spots would go to the Blaster, Brush, and one more, which must be the Brella.

The second entry that caught my interest was the Sorella Brella, which seems to be a brand new Brella separate from the Splat Brella. At first, I thought it would just be a new kit for the Splat Brella, however other alt kits always include the full name of the original weapon (Krak-On Splat Roller, Firefin Splat Charger, Enperry Splat Dualies, etc.), so if it were an alt kit, it should be the Sorella Splat Brella. Happy to see that this new class will have more than one weapon to it.

This final entry really caught me by surprise-- the Custom Dualie Squelchers. Welp, people were disappointed the Dual Squelcher wasn't in the game, so I guess they split it into two guns and brought it back! We obviously don't know much about these yet, but I think it's a very interesting idea for a weapon, and I'm excited to get a pair of Dualies with some range on them.

What do you guys think of these reveals?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Update time! The list has updated quite a bit. Nothing new for launch weapons, but there are now different tabs for all the different weapon classes, and in those you can find the specific stats of a given weapon, in addition to the info available in the regular "Weapons" tab. But what's really big is a new tab, titled "Future Weapons", which includes a lot of weapons we already expected, like the Splat Brella, and several alt kits for existing weapons. But in addition to those, there are the more... interesting entries. I'm sure not everyone wants to know about these though, so I'll be putting the rest of my post in a spoiler.

The first entry that deserves some special attention is the Hero Brella. Many had suspected this would happen, due to there now being Hero skins of every other class's standard weapon (including the Blaster and Brush, which seem to have split off into their own classes), and also the fact that there is room for 8 spots in the "Other Weapons" tab of your upgrade screen in the single player.

The Hero Shot is found in the "Hero Set" tab, so the missing spots would go to the Blaster, Brush, and one more, which must be the Brella.

The second entry that caught my interest was the Sorella Brella, which seems to be a brand new Brella separate from the Splat Brella. At first, I thought it would just be a new kit for the Splat Brella, however other alt kits always include the full name of the original weapon (Krak-On Splat Roller, Firefin Splat Charger, Enperry Splat Dualies, etc.), so if it were an alt kit, it should be the Sorella Splat Brella. Happy to see that this new class will have more than one weapon to it.

This final entry really caught me by surprise-- the Custom Dualie Squelchers. Welp, people were disappointed the Dual Squelcher wasn't in the game, so I guess they split it into two guns and brought it back! We obviously don't know much about these yet, but I think it's a very interesting idea for a weapon, and I'm excited to get a pair of Dualies with some range on them.

DUAL WIELD SQUELCHERS?!?!?!? I've used the squelchers a lot in splatoon 1 and wielding 2 is an absolute dream come true. And this is just a thought, but maybe the sorella brella will resemble marie's umbrella. Atleast i hope it does. I looked it up and sorella apparently means sister. Also the sorella could be an alt. "Brella" Could be the title of umbrella weapons instead of splat.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
How is damage calculated in this game. For example, the Jet Squelcher is listed as 35 damage but I saw it does 32 damage from what I have seen in streams. Also, it doesn't look like its fire rate dropped by 10 points from splatoon 1 (40 to 30) as the sheet suggests. The Pro in the sheet is also sitting at 60 damage which it def doesn't do that much as thats a 2 hit kill. What am i missing in regards to how Damage and Fire rate are supposed to work numbers wise.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

The Custom Dualie Squelchers has me SUPER excited. It never sat right with me that the Dual Squelchers never shot two streams of ink in Splatoon, and it appears that's gonna finally be changed in Splatoon 2 by converting the Dual Squelchers into these "Dualie Squelchers". I think these will be really good weapons, honestly. I think it's safe to assume the dodge roll will be a tad longer animation-wise so it wouldnt be "splat dualies but it has longer range", tho. I cant wait to see what they actually look like. I hope it looks like you would be able to glue the two Dualies together and have it look like the normal dual squelcher, just as a nice callback. It probably would look a tad different due to the style changes over the ingame years, I bet.

god i hope i did those spoilers right.
EDIT: woohoo, i did! :D

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Good news for those worried about the Inkbrush's return!
Dangit Ninty. releasing a weapon a day after launch and calling it "free dlc" ;p
Oh well. ill probably still mess around with it tho.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Do scope chargers have their small range bonus from Splatoon 1?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I notice that the custom dualie squelchers we all got excited about before are off the list. An error, perhaps? Anyway, this is hardly needed now that the game is out. Those damage numbers are WAY off too, which makes me skeptical.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Gold Dynamo is.....hmmm......But I could see some of its potential...Okay. I'll take it.

But Carbon Deco...with Sprinkler???? No. I wont accept that. Sorry. I'll likely pass.

N-Zap 89' Has me the most excited though! I wonder how fast I can get it to charge up specials...hahah. This is going to be good.

EDIT: HOW DID I MISS MY INKBRUSH NOUVEAU!? That is almost just like the original from Splat 1- but even better! Defensive Inkbrush, my good old friend....come to me!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I dont know about you guys, but I am positively freaking OUT over the Octobrush Nouveau, Zink Mini, and the Heavy Splatling Deco. I can't wait for em. I like the current Octobrush's kit, but I NEED my beakons back so bad, and i strongly dislike the current Heavy's kit. Stingray is just so underwhelming, i just refuse to ever use it, lol. I don't get why they nerfed the poor Sprinkler either. I like the Mini's current kit right now, but something more original to give it it's own identity will be nice(sort of the same issue it had in the first game having the old tentatek kit, as it has the Splat Dualies kit). I hope Bubble Blower will be a decent special, too.
Also beware the Tri-Slosher Nouveau, Autobomb Launcher will be absolute hell, cos Autobombs are already really good at harassing and annoying people. Just imagine 10 of em or so...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I dont know about you guys, but I am positively freaking OUT over the Octobrush Nouveau, Zink Mini, and the Heavy Splatling Deco. I can't wait for em. I like the current Octobrush's kit, but I NEED my beakons back so bad, and i strongly dislike the current Heavy's kit. Stingray is just so underwhelming, i just refuse to ever use it, lol. I don't get why they nerfed the poor Sprinkler either. I like the Mini's current kit right now, but something more original to give it it's own identity will be nice(sort of the same issue it had in the first game having the old tentatek kit, as it has the Splat Dualies kit). I hope Bubble Blower will be a decent special, too.
Also beware the Tri-Slosher Nouveau, Autobomb Launcher will be absolute hell, cos Autobombs are already really good at harassing and annoying people. Just imagine 10 of em or so...
That's only if the the autobomb user aims well, if the bomb drops and there's no enemy in the radius it just blows up. I was worried about the same thing until I saw this behavior in the game proper. GAME BALANCE! :P

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
That's only if the the autobomb user aims well, if the bomb drops and there's no enemy in the radius it just blows up. I was worried about the same thing until I saw this behavior in the game proper. GAME BALANCE! :p
Yea, of course. But man is it gonna be a hassle if the tri slosher actually aims decently. Im dreading having dozens of this guys running after me, lmao

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
And since the tri slosher got a range buff along with burst bombs I think we can say that if this is put in dudes hands and he gets better no offense we are all screwed

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
And since the tri slosher got a range buff along with burst bombs I think we can say that if this is put in dudes hands and he gets better no offense we are all screwed
Tri-Slosher Nouveau has Splat Bombs instead of Burst Bombs like the normal tri-slosher. we're being spared. this time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom