• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Yes we are being spared but still who knows I mean just throw a splat bomb behind the victim and slosh so they have two choices die by slosher or bomb or a slosh and and the bomb

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
So my beloved Slosher Deco loses its wall and gains the Sprinkler instead? Well... that'll be better for turf war, I guess. And the wall got a nerf anyway, so the loss isn't the worst.

And on the other hand, the N-ZAP '89 loses Sprinkler for Autobomb. There went my old splatfest main. They're going to be nothing but Aerospray RG's once folks' levels are high enough.

I'll be giving the Rapid Blaster Deco a healthy try, for sure. I would have said the same for any Rapid Blaster without Ink Mines, but Suction Bombs and Inkjet? All the explosions!

.52 Gal Deco with Inkjet?! There went my #2 main. RIP. Inkjet needs a serious buff, it's the only new special I consider a no-sale on any weapon it comes on.

On the other hand, .96 Gal Deco keeps Splash Wall. Too bad the gun's accuracy was nerfed, and the Splash Wall was nerfed... I may have to give this a pass despite the kit.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Just saw this list and I'm bummed to see that there's no Custom Jet Squelcher so far. It was one of my favourite weapons in the original and I just unlocked the Jet Squelcher in Splatoon 2 but don't like its sub and special (well the sub could be handy but is not worth using all that ink).

And why is there no Dual Squelcher anymore? Seems like most shooters are short- or mid-range weapons now. :/

So if anyone should ever encounter another version of the Squelcher later, please let me know!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Inkjet needs a serious buff, it's the only new special I consider a no-sale on any weapon it comes on.
????
Do we play the same game? The Inkjet is extremely powerful. Once you get good predictive aim, the inkjet does absolute wonders. Sure, you're made a target, and your starting point is shown to the enemy, but those issues can be avoided by quickly changing into squid form while using the inkjet (yes, you can do that) and move unpredictably from there, and activating inkjet from cover.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Just saw this list and I'm bummed to see that there's no Custom Jet Squelcher so far.
According to the document, the Custom Jet Squelcher gets Burst Bombs and Stingray. the latter of which is extremely unfortunate. i absolutely l o a t h e the Stingray.

And why is there no Dual Squelcher anymore? Seems like most shooters are short- or mid-range weapons now. :/
Well, the document actually USED to have data for "Custom Dualie Squelchers", which had us believe the Dual Squelcher was turned into a long range Dualie type class for this game, but when the document was updated with the actual KITS of the future weapons, the Dualie Squelchers were nowhere to be found. I really hope the dualie squelchers are real and get added to the game eventually, i really want to try long range dualies.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
According to the document, the Custom Jet Squelcher gets Burst Bombs and Stingray. the latter of which is extremely unfortunate. i absolutely l o a t h e the Stingray.

I kind of feel the same way since the Custom Jet Squelcher was easily my favorite weapon in the first game, and I'm having trouble having any sort of impact using the Stingray.

I wish the Custom Jet had ANY other special honestly, but I guess I just have to learn how to use the Stingray well.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Do we play the same game? The Inkjet is extremely powerful.
Whoops, sorry! I meat the special that does in fact come with the .52 Gal Deco, which is Sting Ray. It's garbage. I used to think it might be good in Tower Control, but it can't even clear the tower. Saw a stream where a player was on the tower and just walking around it. Its inking is terrible, its speed is terrible. I only see it being useful when someone else is also using their own special nearby.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Whoops, sorry! I meat the special that does in fact come with the .52 Gal Deco, which is Sting Ray. It's garbage. I used to think it might be good in Tower Control, but it can't even clear the tower. Saw a stream where a player was on the tower and just walking around it. Its inking is terrible, its speed is terrible. I only see it being useful when someone else is also using their own special nearby.
Hahaha, no worries. When i first read your post "Inkjet needs a serious buff, it's the only new special I consider a no-sale on any weapon it comes on." i thought "wow! that's exactly how i feel about the Stingray!" lmao, im glad im not alone in thinking like that. It was a horrible feeling when i found out the og heavy splatling, my old main, got stuck with it. here's hoping to a Stingray buff in the future.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I kind of feel the same way since the Custom Jet Squelcher was easily my favorite weapon in the first game, and I'm having trouble having any sort of impact using the Stingray.

I wish the Custom Jet had ANY other special honestly, but I guess I just have to learn how to use the Stingray well.
You and I are suffering together my friend. My poor Heavy Splatling got stuck with it, which is keeping me down as well as the rust I've accumulated from not using it for so long. To a lesser extent, im frustrated the Splat charger got stuck with it too, cos it was the only charger i was able to make an impact with, i guess i can use the firefin. The Sting ray needs a buff, bad.

I've got the same feelings about the Custom Jet. If the Sting Rays gets a buff down the line, sure, but as it stands? Noooooooo thank you!
Im honestly so glad im not the only one who really dislikes the Sting Ray.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Stingray is too clunky and takes way too much effort to use. It's not even that good at what it's suppose to do because you have to go into squid form to look through walls which cancels your shots and then you lose sight when you start to shoot again. It's laughable at best. Sure, I've been caught by it a couple of times when I'm almost dead anyways, but most of the time I just play jump rope with it for fun. When someone pops it they are immediately left open because it takes SO LONG to kill with it and you can see exactly where they are. Pretty funny how it works better for killing the user than it is for the user itself.

On the bright side... my boy amiibo was delivered today so I can be a ninja!

VOCALOVER

Inkling
So… if the Stingray is unsuited for splatting, maybe we can combine it with thermal ink to mark enemys?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So… if the Stingray is unsuited for splatting, maybe we can combine it with thermal ink to mark enemys?
I was curious and tested this. Thermal ink doesn't appear to work with sting ray, possibly because sting ray seems to have that effect already when not firing.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I was curious and tested this. Thermal ink doesn't appear to work with sting ray, possibly because sting ray seems to have that effect already when not firing.
Unless it's another mistranslation, Thermal Ink only works with mains, not subs or specials.

I was amused whey I found out that they buffed the Sting Ray from the initial testfire in that they allow you to cancel it. What's better than using the Sting Ray? Not using the Sting Ray!

From the translation, it looks like the Dualie Squelchers come with a slide instead of a dodge roll. Interesting, we'll have to see what that's like. These look awfully tempting, that's a pretty good kit for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom