• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I'm currently wondering with our Squiffer, Sloshing Machine, Hydra Splatling, Bamboozler, and Sploosh-o-Matic have gone. I was thinking that this Friday might be the Hero Brella release because we have no more "new" weapons to release, but then I remembered those 5 weren't in the data files. The Dualie Squelchers weren't in the datamining either, but I'm still kinda worried for them. I hope they get added eventually.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm currently wondering with our Squiffer, Sloshing Machine, Hydra Splatling, Bamboozler, and Sploosh-o-Matic have gone. I was thinking that this Friday might be the Hero Brella release because we have no more "new" weapons to release, but then I remembered those 5 weren't in the data files. The Dualie Squelchers weren't in the datamining either, but I'm still kinda worried for them. I hope they get added eventually.
they will, like Hawk said, *insert source's name here* has found weapons that they simply omitted from the document... because xP

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
they will, like Hawk said, *insert source's name here* has found weapons that they simply omitted from the document... because xP
;A;
but i wanna know the sloshing machine and hydra's kits! And if they got buffed, because imo they needed it. and i just was curious where the other oddballs went. lol

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The HD Hydra and Sloshine look so nice. Looks like standard Sloshine is going to be an anti-charger/camper, and the Neo Sloshine will be the aggressive version. Standard Hydra looks to be an aggressive support wep, and Custom Hydra looks like it'll play the charger roll. Im glad Burst Bomb Launcher will be a thing, but I'm sad that the Sorella Brella is just a Splat Brella variant and not a second type of Brella. :/

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I like the Squiffers. Classic Squiffer with the buffed Point Sensors and Ink Armor sounds really cool, and the New Squiffer with Autobomb and Baller looks handy too.

GIVE ME THOSE CUSTOM DUALIE SQUELCHERS. I NEED IT TO LIVE. Inking with reach and providing ink armor at a good clip sounds delicious.
Considering that people seem to think the Dualie Squelchers and Ink Armor separately are overpowered I don't think it's going to make the cut...

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Considering that people seem to think the Dualie Squelchers and Ink Armor separately are overpowered I don't think it's going to make the cut...
i havent seen many complaints about Dualie Squelchers. have you?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Neither have I, aside from them being the flavor of the day due to being new. They're the most balanced of the long-range shooters, kinda always were.

Savage

Inkster Jr.
NNID
coolSean
Switch Friend Code
SW-2155-3339-9509
I've seen a handful, although using it myself a lot, I think it's fine. Unless you roll, your shots are going to be quite inaccurate, but in the end I find it to be a great spacing weapon with good mobility against close range weapons.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me the Sloshing Machine and Hydra Splatling got reworked/buffed. Like...p l e a s e. i wanted to bad to like those weapons in splatoon 1 but there was NO reason to use them over the Slosher and Heavy Splatling. :/

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me the Sloshing Machine and Hydra Splatling got reworked/buffed. Like...p l e a s e. i wanted to bad to like those weapons in splatoon 1 but there was NO reason to use them over the Slosher and Heavy Splatling. :/
You're kidding, right? Maybe I'm biased because I know an incredibly skilled Hydra main, but that weapon was a beast with it's 3-hit kill that outranges most weapons. I might poke him and have him come over here to elaborate :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That said, I agree with you about the sloshing machine. It's a blaster on an arc, but there's already a great many blasters, sooooo...

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
That said, I agree with you about the sloshing machine. It's a blaster on an arc, but there's already a great many blasters, sooooo...
Yeah....the Sloshine was just in an unfortunate spot. It had a smaller hitbox than the Slosher, it had less ink coverage, it was a 2 hit splat regardless just like the Slosher, it had less ink efficiency, and it only had a whopping 3% extra range over the Slosher. It was a weapon you'd use if you liked the design (and splat bomb rush :p), but not much else imo. I hope they give it a charge rework. As in, it can still do it's normal "sloshes" from the first game with quick taps, but if you hold down the button it'll charge up an insta splat shot. And give it a tad bit more range so it doesnt seem like a Slosher clone. Now that I think about it, it would function a lot like the new Rainmaker, except it would instantly explode on impact with the ground, but not as dramatically.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
And to add insult to injury, they gave it the Sting Ray. Autobombs, sure, great, but unless they're confident they buffed the Sloshing Machine considerably, that's just a slap in the face.

Then again, the Rapid Blaster is much more viable now, so maybe that's exactly what they did.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
And to add insult to injury, they gave it the Sting Ray. Autobombs, sure, great, but unless they're confident they buffed the Sloshing Machine considerably, that's just a slap in the face.
It seems like the standard Sloshing Machine is gonna be a camper/charger's worst enemy. Shoot from indefinite distance with the Sting Ray and harass them regardless of cover, and bully them with Autobombs. I like the idea a lot (because i DONT like chargers. ;p) I just hope the Sting Ray and Sloshine are buffed by the time they come out, though. I kinda want it to be able to actually DO it's job.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771

Then again, the Rapid Blaster is much more viable now, so maybe that's exactly what they did.
I'm just hoping for a Stingray buff down the line to make the special more reliable like most of the other specials currently. Like it has potential but it's really lacking in some areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom