• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

REYES

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4119-9070-0340
So I checked that listing out and I'm so so sad that my Hydra Splatling is not there. Hopefully it's in an update.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Do we know if the Grizzco weapons are just skins (like the Hero variants) or if they'll have unique kits? I'm hoping they'll be like Sheldon's Picks giving each weapon a third kit.
They definitely APPEAR to be their own one off thing. Especially the grizzco brella, it has no cloth, and is called "Umbrella_CoopAutoAssault" in the files. Perhaps it's a brella that acts like an automatic shooter, with lower defensive capabilities than a normal Splat Brella. It could be Splatoon's official shotgun. :p

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
So I checked that listing out and I'm so so sad that my Hydra Splatling is not there. Hopefully it's in an update.
It's coming out. Vanilla Hydra gets Autobombs and Ink Armor.

Last edited:

TigerLilly

Inkling
No! Stingray on my precious 52.gal deco! The curling bombs make sense. I’m interested in the squeezer. Oh and the bubble blower will be interesting on the elitre.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
They definitely APPEAR to be their own one off thing. Especially the grizzco brella, it has no cloth, and is called "Umbrella_CoopAutoAssault" in the files. Perhaps it's a brella that acts like an automatic shooter, with lower defensive capabilities than a normal Splat Brella. It could be Splatoon's official shotgun. :p
The Splat Brella is already a shotgun type weapon in Splatoon 2.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Wow, the Custom Dualie Squelchers kit looks amazing, one of my favorite thing about the Dual Squelcher in the first game was the Splat Bombs.

Now it has Ink Armor as well, I can't wait to get my hands on that.

Dog King

Full Squid
Man, I can't wait for the Bella and the new Dualies Squelchers! Ink armor on a far range weapon!? They're gonna be insanely good in a supportive role and I will happily fill that niche!

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
I don't like the new sets too much, I preferred the kits from Splatoon 1. I wish Nintendo will allow us to create our own weapons and choose our own sub weapon and special.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I don't like the new sets too much, I preferred the kits from Splatoon 1. I wish Nintendo will allow us to create our own weapons and choose our own sub weapon and special.
Ugh, no thanks. It'd be way too easy to create OP sets.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
Think how busted some sets could become if we could create sets.
Every sub weapon has a strength and a way to be dealt with. Also, overpowered weapons wouldn't be created since the main weapon's stats are balanced. For example, if I add Splash Wall on a Tentatek Splattershot, will it be overpowered? No, since players can easily move around a Splash Wall and the main weapon's stats are the same. For another example, if I add Sting Ray on a Hydra Splatling, will it be overpowered? No, since the Sting Ray can be avoided and the main weapon still suffers from poor mobility.

Last edited:

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Every sub weapon has a strength and a way to be dealt with. Also, overpowered weapons wouldn't be created since the main weapon's stats are balanced. For example, if I add Splash Wall on a Tentatek Splattershot, will it be overpowered? No, since players can easily move around a Splash Wall and the main weapon's stats are the same.
Also cos splash walls are frankly garbage in this game. Imagine giving the E-Liter back it's Burst Bombs, and maybe Splashdown or something. Or Autobomb Launcher. custom kits will kill splatoon if they ever happen.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Every sub weapon has a strength and a way to be dealt with. Also, overpowered weapons wouldn't be created since the main weapon's stats are balanced. For example, if I add Splash Wall on a Tentatek Splattershot, will it be overpowered? No, since players can easily move around a Splash Wall and the main weapon's stats are the same.
It'd also render the competitive scene sterile as all hell. People would figure out the optimal special (ink armor currently) and fill their teams with that. Sure would be exciting seeing top players with different weapons that all have the same kit! Blegh. In terms of competitive balance and general variety, this is a bad idea.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
It'd also render the competitive scene sterile as all hell. People would figure out the optimal special (ink armor currently) and fill their teams with that. Sure would be exciting seeing top players with different weapons that all have the same kit! Blegh. In terms of competitive balance and general variety, this is a bad idea.
That is a decision made entirely by a player. Some players might want to use different kits. Even if every player had the same kit, every sub weapon and special can be dealt with.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
Also cos splash walls are frankly garbage in this game. Imagine giving the E-Liter back it's Burst Bombs, and maybe Splashdown or something. Or Autobomb Launcher. custom kits will kill splatoon if they ever happen.
Burst Bombs can be dodged, and a player can use a different sub weapon to combat Burst Bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom