• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
These new weapons look awesome! The Reinhardt Brella (let's be honest Nintendo totally got the idea from Overwatch) is especially lolzy! Also they're actually doing it, Splash Wall and Ink Armor on a Brella, the Ultimate Defense!

Also, if the sets for those weapons aren't just placeholders then I think it basically confirms 3rd kits since how else could they add in the new subs n specials they said they're working on.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
These new weapons look awesome! The Reinhardt Brella (let's be honest Nintendo totally got the idea from Overwatch) is especially lolzy! Also they're actually doing it, Splash Wall and Ink Armor on a Brella, the Ultimate Defense!

Also, if the sets for those weapons aren't just placeholders then I think it basically confirms 3rd kits since how else could they add in the new subs n specials they said they're working on.
This is a good point. If the game remains popular (I think it will), that necessitates continued weapon drops even after they use up what's already been datamined. Additional kits are obviously the easiest way to give the people what they want.

the

Inkling Commander

So, we've found models for a MASSIVE Brella type weapon. first pic is a front view, second pic is a side view, and the third picture is the tentatively named Dynamo Brella opened all the way up with the standard Splat Brella superimposed onto it for size reference. So, IT'S PRETTY DANG BIG. It looks like something the team can rally behind. Like a Reinhardt shield, but it's an umbrella, that presumably also shoots ink like a shotgun. I neeeeeed a name for this dang thing, lol.
Late to the party on this, I combed thru this thread when I heard "dynamo brella" bc i've been hoping for something like this! I'm so excited!!

If it ends up being designed like a beach umbrella they should call it the "Bum Brella" haha (though that could lead to some rude jokes abt the users if it ends up being powerful....)

the

Inkling Commander
Hmmm, I wonder how much the team-shielding brella will affect the game. It would probably be most useful in tower control and splatzones. And I wonder how long you'll be able to shield your team before shooting it off? And I wonder how fast/far it'll go? Dangit I'm so hyped!!!!

And huh, I wonder if this will lead to a new niche of the stingray for scattering the enemy team when they try to hide behind the big brella.

@the currently it is a tent (which I'm ok with =p)
"We heard players like to 'camp' in these shooter games"
"Ted, I just had the most incredible idea"

Last edited:

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
And huh, I wonder if this will lead to a new niche of the stingray for scattering the enemy team when they try to hide behind the big brella.
I'm crossing my fingers for this. Even with just the Splat Brella emerging I've had situations where Sting Ray was actually my best option, which....does NOT happen very often, heh. No doubt that when the tent brella comes out, Object Shredder will see even more use than just on low damage weapons for dealing with Ink Armor. and Sting Ray becoming something you WANT on your team instead of just "well...it's a 'special' weapon but it sure doesn't do much" would be amazing.

I just tried out the Splat Brella for the first time last night, and I love it to death. I also had an amazing Splat Brella teammate protect me at crucial moments and won us games with that shield, so if the "average brella" can do that, I'm SO excited to see what the Tent Brella will do. I hope it 1-shots at point blank instead of capping off at 90 damage. I can only hope it doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time to deploy the shield.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Wouldn't Tentamissiles work just fine for scattering the enemy team when they're behind cover?

STINGRAY BUFF PLS

Luminario

Full Squid
I don't really want to click the link, so can someone just tell me if the kelp charger is returning and with what kit? It was like my main weapon in Splatoon 1 and I miss the sprinkler charger combo every time i play turf war.

I really want to try out the compact Brella, as one of the things that throws me when playing the regular Brella is the short delay before shooting and I'm hoping it follows the same path as other weapons with it having less range but faster startup.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I don't really want to click the link, so can someone just tell me if the kelp charger is returning and with what kit? It was like my main weapon in Splatoon 1 and I miss the sprinkler charger combo every time i play turf war.

I really want to try out the compact Brella, as one of the things that throws me when playing the regular Brella is the short delay before shooting and I'm hoping it follows the same path as other weapons with it having less range but faster startup.
As of now, there is no charger with Sprinkler. Kelp Splat Charger was replaced with the Firefin Splat Charger. We can cross our fingers and hope the Bento Splat Charger comes back with Sprinkler. I really enjoyed that set as well. (well, for the few times I dabbled with the chargers. ;p)

Luminario

Full Squid
As of now, there is no charger with Sprinkler. Kelp Splat Charger was replaced with the Firefin Splat Charger. We can cross our fingers and hope the Bento Splat Charger comes back with Sprinkler. I really enjoyed that set as well. (well, for the few times I dabbled with the chargers. ;p)
Not even in all these datamines? I'm distraught.
It's horrible having to choose between the weak sub or the weak special when using the splat chargers (splash wall takes too much time to open in situations where I need it as a charger and we've all complained about the Stingray) I switched over to the E-Liter simply to have a reliable sub and special.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
It's horrible having to choose between the weak sub or the weak special when using the splat chargers (splash wall takes too much time to open in situations where I need it as a charger and we've all complained about the Stingray)
Yeah, it's a real dilemma at the moment. Splash Wall's current deployment time is making me dread the release of the Heavy Deco, which is something I was originally extremely excited about.

Luminario

Full Squid
Yeah, it's a real dilemma at the moment. Splash Wall's current deployment time is making me dread the release of the Heavy Deco, which is something I was originally extremely excited about.
I also doubt that they're going to buff it, at least not in the near future. They might wait to see how it affects the meta before doing anything with it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I thought the Splash Wall buff was fair, it's still just as obnoxious as ever once it's up, but now instead of being a panic sub you have to better plan for it's usage. I think they could ease up a bit on the ink efficiency though. All in all I think it's still a better sub than the Sprinkler, which imo is now the least useful sub. I certainly wish the Slosher Deco had literally any other sub weapon instead.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Splash Wall's current deployment time is making me dread the release of the Heavy Deco, which is something I was originally extremely excited about.
While I think the Splash Wall was a bit overnerfed, there's no way I'm not going to use the Heavy Deco over the Vanilla. The Splash Wall alone is miles better than the entirety of the Vanilla's kit imo.

(Maybe I'm just undervaluing the Sprinkler but I really can't stand it in this game.)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
While I think the Splash Wall was a bit overnerfed, there's no way I'm not going to use the Heavy Deco over the Vanilla. The Splash Wall alone is miles better than the entirety of the Vanilla's kit imo.

(Maybe I'm just undervaluing the Sprinkler but I really can't stand it in this game.)
I personally think the Sprinkler was nerfed too hard in this game as well. I've been making the vanilla Heavy work pretty well this time around. Sprinkler really didn't deserve the nerf, though. and Sting Ray sucks cos of the game's super low tickrate.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Wait, there were sprinkler nerfs?

I actually like the sprinkler on the splatling, because (although helping to get stingray isn't that helpful) it helps it to do what it does best, which is keep an area in lockdown

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Wait, there were sprinkler nerfs?

I actually like the sprinkler on the splatling, because (although helping to get stingray isn't that helpful) it helps it to do what it does best, which is keep an area in lockdown
The sprinkler's range gradually goes down over time, forcing you to waste all your ink redeploy it if you want the regular spray.

I always played aggressively when using the Splatlings so a sub that takes up a lot of ink but doesn't help me in combat isn't something I'd really want.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The sprinkler's range gradually goes down over time
Eh?
I've only heard and observed the sprinkler's fire rate drops after about 6 seconds. This is the first time I've ever heard the range decreases.
If I'm wrong, please source me, I must know. Me sprinkler enthusiast.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Eh?
I've only heard and observed the sprinkler's fire rate drops after about 6 seconds. This is the first time I've ever heard the range decreases.
If I'm wrong, please source me, I must know. Me sprinkler enthusiast.
Having just tested it both on the ground and on a wall in-game, I was certain that the range was reduced by a small amount as the fire rate went down. Though I forgot about the reduction in fire rate and since you as a sprinkler enthusiast had never heard about a reduction in range, maybe I just misinterpreted it.

It doesn't change the fact that I don't particularly like the Sprinkler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom