• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke's nightly escapades (or: the ordering system)

Njok

Bouncer
Well as far as i know, there shouldn't be a reason that the order will always come the same. I've never heard of this happening and have no reason to assume anything else than it's just bad luck. I mean, sure the odds of that happening are low, that doesn't immediately mean it's impossible.

I'm not saying that there can't be something else going on. But it would be the first i hear of it. I'd say if it's still the same results in a few days, try and think what you did different than last time and what could possibly be the reason that it's not working now. I'd be interested in that for sure.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
It went as follows:
Day 1: I ordered a Lumberjack Shirt and Squid Girl Dress.
Day 2: I pick up the Lumberjack Shirt and order a Pearl Tee.
Day 3: I start save scumming the Squid Girl Dress.
Day 14: Still save scumming the Squid Girl Dress.

The only thing different is that there was an order before it which I took, and an order after it which is still queued. Last time I did this (and it worked), I had nothing else on order.

CherrieX

Inkling
What if he runs a entire network of underground cables that tells him exactly where he can find the piece of gear. And what if he just doesn't care enough to get you the gear you want?

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
So hey had a question if anyone can help me. I followed that 8 step guide that was posted about the sub slots and stuff. So if you do get at least 2 sub abilities unlocked and have to unlock the third yourself. I know you re-load the save if you don't get the third you want, and go re-buy from spyke. But what if the day changed over, and I went to go talk to spyke, it was passed midnight after i re-loaded the save, and now the item only has 1 sub unlocked...I have to wait a whole day again to see if it changed back to 2 or even 3? I thought the save I made, saves the two subs unlocked..? Sorry if it sounds confusing but tried working it best I could.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Or wait, since that original save, saves it since you never talked to him, the next day the outcome can change I'm guessing...sorry just thought of that. So basically if you do get at least 2 sub slots, you have just that day to grind and get the third slot.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Oh sorry one more question! Forgot to mention this before. Say I do get an item with two subs already unlocked. Then after buying it I save scum it. Is that third ability already set in stone what it will be once unlocked? Even though I haven't added the third slot yet? Because at first I tried this. After saving, I added the third slot to it, then unlocked it, it was ink saver sub, don't want that so i re-loaded the save. Added the third slot again, and it was ink-saver sub...again. So I'm guessing that third ability will only change when you buy the item fresh from spyke..? Again I'm sorry for asking so much my first couple posts, I'm just curious on these questions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
If I'm reading right you made a save AFTER you purchased the item. That is not the right thing to do.

You save BEFORE you purchase the item. The moment you purchase an item the slots are locked. So saving after you buy it is not good. In fact you shouldn't have to save at all after checking the item if you just make a save the day before. This way you can just reload the save and if you don't unlock the slot you desired you still can try and get two slots the next day.

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Hey guys I posted this on another thread, but thought it could use some looking into.

GUYS, I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING! -I'm sorry if someone else has discovered this-

I was just thinking.. ok so.. we've been talking about save scumming for Ranks and for Rerolls.
And also, we wish there was a way to somehow reroll for each individual ability slot.
WELL THERE'S A WAY! kinda

The only requirement is that the gear has no ability in the sub slots, unless of course it has the ability that you want.
SO, this method is to save scum for each ability slot. I'm sorry if I'm failing at explaining.

Anyway, here's an example.

So you have this lovely Hairpin from the Girl Inkling amiibo :head_amb000: that has :ability_swimspeed: main ability. (with no abilities in the sub slots)
And you want Bomb Range Up :ability_bombrange: for all sub slots.
So what you do is save scum, before going into any battle.
After you saved your data, go into battle, win that turf war, and unlock the ability slot. Was it the ability you wanted? No? Then reload the previous data.
Keep doing this until you unlocked the ability you want.
Once you get the ability that you want. Save scum.
Then repeat until you finally get the abilities you want on your sub slots.

Yes, this is time consuming. But what's also time consuming is trying to earn millions of coins to reroll at Spyke's.
It's just another method.

I have not tried this yet, but this is just an idea.
Can someone confirm if this'll work?

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Dreams crushed. I thought I was on the breakthrough of something amazing.

I guess I'll try the win streak method.

I remember someone mentioning that level has an influence? Any level 50s here?

Njok

Bouncer
Welp. Win streak doesn't matter at all. And im pretty sure almost everyone is level 50 by now and nope, doesn't matter at all.

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Welp. Win streak doesn't matter at all. And im pretty sure almost everyone is level 50 by now and nope, doesn't matter at all.
Damn.
Okay well someone earlier on this thread mentioned how he checked with Spyke for the gear and it had two subs on it, but he didn't buy it.
A second time he checked on it it only had 1 sub.
The third time he checked it had 2 subs.

What if we keep checking every so often? Maybe he'll eventually offer the triple sub.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Ok thanks for the reply, so I was wondering how are the original people getting the pure gear? I'm guessing since sub slots are locked in once you buy the item, they got them pretty much just by doing re-rolls then and getting lucky?

Njok

Bouncer
Damn.
Okay well someone earlier on this thread mentioned how he checked with Spyke for the gear and it had two subs on it, but he didn't buy it.
A second time he checked on it it only had 1 sub.
The third time he checked it had 2 subs.

What if we keep checking every so often? Maybe he'll eventually offer the triple sub.
Well yes this is exactly what my doc is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom