• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Spyke's nightly escapades (or: the ordering system)

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Ehm, no? Sure it would be nice for the people who actually got there, but leveling takes very long and it would be rather unfair to players who don't have that much time to spend on playing the game.

A reward would be cool, though, but it shouldn't be mandatory to get good gear. Maybe a super-super-sea-snail to select all sub abilities freely on ONE single piece of equipment, kinda like the master ball of Splatoon? I'd dig that :D
You'd still have to spend 100k per perfect piece of gear you order though. I doubt they'd change the price if it did exist. Besides, rerolling and sea slugs are perfect alternatives to getting good gear as well, being lvl 50 wouldn't be mandatory to get good gear. It would simply be the fastest way to get perfect gear, after you put in 100+ hours of work. I say if I put in the time to get lvl 50, I deserve a great reward such as the ability to get perfect gear with 100k. Unfortunately this isn't the case though I:

kamadoma

Inkling
I'm pretty much a beginner with the ordering system. Just wanna ask, how much have you actually spent on re-rolling for a single piece of Gear? Just to get some sort of benchmark on how much I should spend on re-rolling.

I'm really eager to get the Squid Girl gear and I'm ordering them. Not sure if it's recommended spending that much, though, if I can just wait it out to appear in Booyah Base.

Njok

Bouncer
I'm pretty much a beginner with the ordering system. Just wanna ask, how much have you actually spent on re-rolling for a single piece of Gear? Just to get some sort of benchmark on how much I should spend on re-rolling.

I'm really eager to get the Squid Girl gear and I'm ordering them. Not sure if it's recommended spending that much, though, if I can just wait it out to appear in Booyah Base.
Well ordering them and re-rolling them are two different things. If you order them, at most they will cost you 100.000 (see the first post of this thread for all the prices). If you start re-rolling the abilities on it, that might easily become a lot more. Every re-roll will cost you 30.000 (or a super sea snail).

kamadoma

Inkling
Yes, I do know the prices, sorry if I confused you. I'm just curious on how much people have approximately spent on re-rolls for their gear. :D

Njok

Bouncer
Ehhh, i've easily spend > 500K on some pieces of gear :D I've heard worse though.

The part where you said you can wait until they show up in Booyah Base confused me, yes. Because you're not guaranteed the sub abilities that you want when you buy them in the shop. Re-rolling seems still the best way to get that, but it's an expensive hobby.

kamadoma

Inkling
Wow, expensive indeed. I guess I'll just focus on unlocking slots and getting other gear that I fancy before getting into the re-rolling business. Thanks!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Wow, expensive indeed. I guess I'll just focus on unlocking slots and getting other gear that I fancy before getting into the re-rolling business. Thanks!
This is basically what i've been doing. Whenever I want to use a certain skill/brand or a skill that I like, I start unlocking slots and rolling their skills.

I've most likely spent about 3 million on unlocking/re-rolling gear (including snails and yes I like having all the options). Anyone with a huge amount of money has likely not rolled much of their available wardrobe gear at all.

NikeXTC

Inkling
NNID
NikeXTC
I'd suggest to order them whenever you find someone having them with good subs.

As stated before on this thread, the odds of getting gear with subs unlocked are:
30% with no subs
60% with 1 sub
9.5% with 2 subs
0.5% with 3 subs

Squid Girl gear is neutral brand, that is, a brand whose chance to roll specific subs are all the same. Getting convenient subs on those may be pretty challenging, so you may want to get it with the first sub already set and then try and roll the others with some luck.
Those gears are pretty popular, so you shouldn't have many problems in finding them during online matches.

Sol64

Oh so Spyke can find you want you want but when its me he can't?!?!?!?
Don't worry about it. Spyke gave my next order just now with 2 slots unlocked but no subs... I thought what we had was special...

Njok

Bouncer
It's been a long battle, but i have managed to beat Spyke at his own game. Rip Spyke. I'd say you were appreciated but i'd be telling lies.

In this doc you'll find 8 steps to get any gear by just ordering it once.

https://goo.gl/wCETAv

Big sidenote is that there is no way of speeding the process up. So you'll probably still want to go with getting 2 subs and manipulating the third.

You still gotta get lucky, but at least you won't have to find that squid again to order it again.

Sol64

It's been a long battle, but i have managed to beat Spyke at his own game. Rip Spyke. I'd say you were appreciated but i'd be telling lies.

In this doc you'll find 8 steps to get any gear by just ordering it once.

https://goo.gl/wCETAv

Big sidenote is that there is no way of speeding the process up. So you'll probably still want to go with getting 2 subs and manipulating the third.

You still gotta get lucky, but at least you won't have to find that squid again to order it again.
Going to be testing this tonight.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
Suppose I get 2 slots from Spyke but the day rolls over before I can successfully manipulate the third slot. Most of the time, the slots go back down to 1 or 0. Is there any way to prolong the time he provides 2 slots for? (Yes, I've already tried basic things like clock manipulation and old save files.)

Njok

Bouncer
Suppose I get 2 slots from Spyke but the day rolls over before I can successfully manipulate the third slot. Most of the time, the slots go back down to 1 or 0. Is there any way to prolong the time he provides 2 slots for? (Yes, I've already tried basic things like clock manipulation and old save files.)
No, there is not.

nick2427

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CM86
I have a question. Suppose you order from someone through Spyke and suppose you are still waiting a day before your gear is in. If you get into an online match, will the person you ordered from disappear from the lobby or do they have to stay since you ordered something from them? I ask because it gets boring waiting for gear to come in while not being able to play. Also, suppose it wasn't true. Is it still possible to get in one online match, then hope that the person you ordered from is still there or do they always disappear after one online match? If they don't necessarily don't by luck I was going to abuse save states on a flash drive to look for other gear in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom