• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke's nightly escapades (or: the ordering system)

Njok

Bouncer
The plaza is filled with the people you last played with so yeah at some point the guy you ordered from will be gone from the plaza.

You can keep the order coming back if you follow the doc I posted earlier in this thread.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
In this doc you'll find 8 steps to get any gear by just ordering it once.
https://goo.gl/wCETAv
Big sidenote is that there is no way of speeding the process up. So you'll probably still want to go with getting 2 subs and manipulating the third.
The moment when you buy a piece of gear from Spyke, all sub ability slots are set in stone; but when exactly is the order result set in stone?

If it's when you talk to Spyke (step 5) and you see only 0 or 1 sub, why can't you just do step 6 then go back to step 5 again without waiting another day?

Note: as long as you wait a few seconds after a data transfer has ended & you exit the Data Management category (without exiting the System Settings), you can plug in/take out the USB stick without turning the Wii U off, it's faster.

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
I have a question. Suppose you order from someone through Spyke and suppose you are still waiting a day before your gear is in. If you get into an online match, will the person you ordered from disappear from the lobby or do they have to stay since you ordered something from them? I ask because it gets boring waiting for gear to come in while not being able to play. Also, suppose it wasn't true. Is it still possible to get in one online match, then hope that the person you ordered from is still there or do they always disappear after one online match? If they don't necessarily don't by luck I was going to abuse save states on a flash drive to look for other gear in the meantime.
They disappear if you play in a lobby without them. You can try going through your Recent Players list and sending the person a friend request. If they accept, it will be easier for you to play against them and order their gear in the future.

Njok

Bouncer
The moment when you buy a piece of gear from Spyke, all sub ability slots are set in stone; but when exactly is the order result set in stone?

If it's when you talk to Spyke (step 5) and you see only 0 or 1 sub, why can't you just do step 6 then go back to step 5 again without waiting another day?

Note: as long as you wait a few seconds after a data transfer has ended & you exit the Data Management category (without exiting the System Settings), you can plug in/take out the USB stick without turning the Wii U off, it's faster.
The order result is different every 24 hours. So before that period ends you can keep trying, yes.

nick2427

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CM86
The order result is different every 24 hours. So before that period ends you can keep trying, yes.

The eight steps you put in the doc. Are you saving the game to a flash drive after you place an order with Spyke? Also, let's say I get 0-1 slots. I understand that your copying the USB file onto the wii u. Does that mean you have to wait 24 hours again since the game thinks you just ordered the gear assuming the answer to my first question is yes. If so, I have been doing this the whole time but didn't even realize I could play online without losing the squid with my desired gear.

Njok

Bouncer
Sorry I didn't completely get what you mean there.

The point is this: if you don't pick your order up from Spyke, he will not throw it out. So let's say you order something on Monday, but then you won't be able to play at all til Saturday, he will still have the order for you.

So you are basically simulating that by having a back up where you didn't pick your order up.

And if you made progress in the game that day, you just make a backup again before talking to Spyke.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I have a question. Suppose you order from someone through Spyke and suppose you are still waiting a day before your gear is in. If you get into an online match, will the person you ordered from disappear from the lobby or do they have to stay since you ordered something from them? I ask because it gets boring waiting for gear to come in while not being able to play. Also, suppose it wasn't true. Is it still possible to get in one online match, then hope that the person you ordered from is still there or do they always disappear after one online match? If they don't necessarily don't by luck I was going to abuse save states on a flash drive to look for other gear in the meantime.
Yes. I also believe you might have a window of one more match as well but I wouldn't try to do so because I'm not sure what the chances or the situation are like.

nick2427

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CM86
Sorry I didn't completely get what you mean there.

The point is this: if you don't pick your order up from Spyke, he will not throw it out. So let's say you order something on Monday, but then you won't be able to play at all til Saturday, he will still have the order for you.

So you are basically simulating that by having a back up where you didn't pick your order up.

And if you made progress in the game that day, you just make a backup again before talking to Spyke.

Oh I gotcha. So I can keep playing just as long as I back up my save file before talking with Spyke about my order. That was my main concern. Thanks again for the help. Its appreciated.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I believe there is a major issue with the eight step part of the guide. Unlocking sub-abilities via leveling up is not RNG based, it is fixed. I can confirm that reasonably with the Red Hi-Tops, since I was trying heavily to get Swim Speed Up. I got Bomb Range Up three times in save succession.

Njok

Bouncer
No, there is not. I wouldn't post this without testing it.

It's also pretty widely known that it's set once you buy it. So if you keep getting the same result you either did it wrong (made backup after buying it) or are really unlucky.

If it's the latter, just keep trying :)

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
No, there is not. I wouldn't post this without testing it.

It's also pretty widely known that it's set once you buy it. So if you keep getting the same result you either did it wrong (made backup after buying it) or are really unlucky.

If it's the latter, just keep trying :)
Okay, thank you for responding. I will see if my luck changes later tonight.

Sharpzz

Full Squid
Does Spyke throw away your order for the day even if you don't talk to him while playing?

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
So for the past two weeks or so, Spyke has awarded exactly one slot on a piece of gear I'm trying to get. Never 0, never 2. This is weird since it's worked for me before. I have one additional item queued up beyond the one I'm working on. Could there be additional requirements to stop the slots from locking in?

Njok

Bouncer
So for the past two weeks or so, Spyke has awarded exactly one slot on a piece of gear I'm trying to get. Never 0, never 2. This is weird since it's worked for me before. I have one additional item queued up beyond the one I'm working on. Could there be additional requirements to stop the slots from locking in?
There's a 60% chance of that happening, so it's not that weird i guess. It's an annoying coincidence though. I'm sure it'll come with 2 at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom