• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

SquidAbortions

Senior Squid
What do yall of making the splatoon 3 discussion tab larger ? to show two or three active splatoon tabs ?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
pronoun options to show under your username 🗣
We had gender before but it had a set list of options and was only shown on profile pages. I've added a new field that is freely editable and shows in threads.

ik it's a tiny thing but please don't autocorrect ":" and ")" together to be :). If I want the emoji I'll use the emoji menu.
Or at least make it a setting
I've disabled the auto conversion :)

the react emotes to messages should have funny custom squid and octos IMO

smogon has these for its reactions, and it's using the same type of forum

View attachment 8742

something like this but splatoon themed would be fun, I think
If someone has suggestions for these (and permission from the artist) this is definitely something we can do

more profile customisation
Any specific suggestions for this?

What do yall of making the splatoon 3 discussion tab larger ? to show two or three active splatoon tabs ?
I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to unfortunately

it would be nice if the X Rank/Salmon Run/upcoming events (Splatfest, Big Run, Eggstra Work) were added to the Map Rotation on the Feed page

(also idk if this is planned, but adding the new chill season maps into whatever database they are missing from (bluefin and romen don't have thumbnails on the feed page, for example))

View attachment 8410
X Rank has been added, I'll be looking into a nice way to display the other information as well!

The broken maps have also been fixed. They were there but I made a small error when I had added them.

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
We need more emoji for Splatoon 2 + Splatoon 3 specifically

turtle4k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6639-0317-3888
We had gender before but it had a set list of options and was only shown on profile pages. I've added a new field that is freely editable and shows in threads.

I've disabled the auto conversion :)

If someone has suggestions for these (and permission from the artist) this is definitely something we can do

Any specific suggestions for this?

I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to unfortunately

X Rank has been added, I'll be looking into a nice way to display the other information as well!

The broken maps have also been fixed. They were there but I made a small error when I had added them.
about the customization, maybe custom text colours, custom profile background colours or uploadable backgrounds(like profile themes), easier username change feature, maybe being able to display weapons you play easier. stuff like that would be cool. oh and also idk if its possible but increasing the amount of uploadable images in 1 message would be cool

EnbySquid

Inkling
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
In the mean time we can create mobile links to homepage. the website is mobile friendly, this method works well for me.
It would be cool to see the full web app integration in the future.

To clarify, a PWA manifest would be a huge improvement because it opens a separate "app", instead of a browser tab. Every time I open SquidBoards from my home screen now, it opens a new browser tab, which is pretty terrible behavior.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
about the customization, maybe custom text colours, custom profile background colours or uploadable backgrounds(like profile themes), easier username change feature, maybe being able to display weapons you play easier. stuff like that would be cool. oh and also idk if its possible but increasing the amount of uploadable images in 1 message would be cool
I'll make a note of all these. Some are easier than others but I'm definitely going to see what we can do!

The image limit was at 5 before I think and I already bumped it up to 10 when we got the new influx of people :D

To clarify, a PWA manifest would be a huge improvement because it opens a separate "app", instead of a browser tab. Every time I open SquidBoards from my home screen now, it opens a new browser tab, which is pretty terrible behavior.
PWA is supported by one of the more recent versions of the forum software we use and getting that updated is one of my top priorities when I return from my current vacation in a couple days!

EnbySquid

Inkling
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
PWA is supported by one of the more recent versions of the forum software we use and getting that updated is one of my top priorities when I return from my current vacation in a couple days!
Did you run into unexpected difficulties, or did life just get in the way?

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
I want a side order website theme

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
The 420 character limit on profile posts makes it hard to talk about things in any kind of detail. I'm not opposed to the limit but making it 500 or 600 would make it a lot easier

(also make it possible to link to messages on profiles? I want to put a link to the angle shooter thing on @Grushi's profile but I can't)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom