• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

AlphaZealot

Full Squid
NNID
alphazealot
We could go back to requiring the first post to be approved? We removed that as the new game was coming out and a lot of new members were joining.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
That seems like a good idea, if you can get someone to be in charge of it. We could also limit spam by limiting how often any one account can create a thread.
(Or is that already a thing, just only in the same forum?)

AlphaZealot

Full Squid
NNID
alphazealot
There are a few options, I'm going to try a few tweaks and if they don't work, will have to go with the approved first post route. I think we likely need to do moderator promotion soon as well if we go that route.

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
Further clarify what the subforum "Squid Social" is for.
- "The home for Squidboards' social threads" isn't very clear to a new user. What is a social thread? What differentiates them from threads in The Crispy Calamari? A pinned explanation thread may help.

Introduce a gaming subforum.
- Currently, discussion of games besides Splatoon belong in The Crispy Calamari. A new subforum dedicated to games may be a nice separation.

Rename "Forum Games" to be more inclusive of spammy threads in general.
- This will reduce the amount of threads that are repetitive, but not technically spam, in other subforums. Threads like "Share Memes", "Post a Random Thought", "Post a GIF", etc... I assume these were already included in Forum Games, but it isn't made clear and has lead to many people posting these types of threads in random subforums.

Add descriptions of each subforum underneath the subforum names.
- The current way descriptions are displayed (tooltips & visible after clicking on the subforum) looks nice, but is easy to miss and unhelpful to mobile users. I'm not sure how it is on Android, but iOS is pretty finicky with displaying tooltips. This makes it hard to tell what each subforum encompasses from just a glance.

Last edited:

frankus

Banned (6 points)
1. Splatoon emojis.
2. Ink on posts - not just at the bottom.
3. List of Splatoon fan games.
4. Developer's Corner - to talk about development of Splatoon
That's all of now...

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
3. List of Splatoon fan games.
4. Developer's Corner - to talk about development of Splatoon
i think you could set up your own threads about these! 3 would fit great in the original content subforum and 4 could go in the regular discussion subforum for its respective game/s :]

Daisoujou

Inkling
I love the idea of using proper forums like the old days! Much better medium for information sharing.

I know there's a lot of upfront work, happy to be patient for that and appreciate the drive to come back here, but I assume some amount of restructuring is planned? Like, presumably in 2024 there isn't going to be so much active discussion of Splatoon 1 and 2 that each need their own section (could be rolled into 1) while Splatoon 3, other than the competitive area, basically just has a single section to contain everything.

I mostly post this because these days I'm primarily a salmon runner and I support the return to here, but feel at minimum salmon run deserves its own category to encourage discussion and not have to compete with the pvp topics.

ry42

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3023-2080-2268
it would be nice if the X Rank/Salmon Run/upcoming events (Splatfest, Big Run, Eggstra Work) were added to the Map Rotation on the Feed page

(also idk if this is planned, but adding the new chill season maps into whatever database they are missing from (bluefin and romen don't have thumbnails on the feed page, for example))

1706644599142.png

Chipolte

Full Squid
NNID
Chipolte224
it would be nice if the X Rank/Salmon Run/upcoming events (Splatfest, Big Run, Eggstra Work) were added to the Map Rotation on the Feed page

(also idk if this is planned, but adding the new chill season maps into whatever database they are missing from (bluefin and romen don't have thumbnails on the feed page, for example))

View attachment 8410
They'll def get around to it, this random jump over here wasn't planned at all so once staff realize that there's almost 1k people on now things will get cookin

ry42

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3023-2080-2268
sorry for loading on the suggestions lol

would it be possible to change the emojis for the reactions? similar forums, like Smogon, have game-specific reactions they use and i think it would be cute to have splatoon-specific ones for here!

Smogon's reactions:
1706645332291.png

(like - love - laugh - wow - sad - angry)

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
sorry for loading on the suggestions lol

would it be possible to change the emojis for the reactions? similar forums, like Smogon, have game-specific reactions they use and i think it would be cute to have splatoon-specific ones for here!

Smogon's reactions:
View attachment 8423
(like - love - laugh - wow - sad - angry)
Was just about to mention this. The current Facebook emotes are... alright, but more could probably be done (and for more Splatoon-specific content).

jek

Inkling
Pronouns
they/any
Switch Friend Code
SW-0781-2234-8425
twitter integration to migrate follows? thatll make the switch from twitter to here a LOT easier and more inviting.

Jimmy'

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0521-8728-1315
Time to revive this thread! I'd really love to see a Progressive Web App manifest added, which would allow the forum to be "installed" on phones like an app.
In the mean time we can create mobile links to homepage. the website is mobile friendly, this method works well for me.
It would be cool to see the full web app integration in the future.

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
you can tell how old this website is lol, things like listing your gender instead of your pronouns
good luck to the mods and admins, you got a lot on your plate with the sudden move but i’m hoping this will work out!

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
I know that this will prob never happen but... SQUIDBOARDS APP!!!! also we seriously need an update on the whole "splatoon 2 ink color" thingy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom