• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

QuickLava

Inkling
If we could get a Smashboards color scheme for the site, that'd be sweet. Or just more themes with darker backgrounds in general would be good. It really does mess with your eyes after a while. Even just adding a slight tinge of color to the current default background would be great, just as long as it isn't pure white.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
While taking a good look at the new website, i noticed that the forum listings seem to be a bit off. As great as it all looks, maybe we can have more in depth forums. (i.e. having a General Discussions board for any type of splatoon talk, and maybe have a "Competitive" or "Multiplayer" board made especially for dealing with the online/competitive aspect of the game and so on.) Don't get me wrong here, it all looks amazing, but maybe we can sort out the Forum listings themselves. It just seems odd to have the "General Discussions" and "Tournament Rules" all in one place.

I know sites such as MKBoards and Smashboards have a similar layout in terms of keeping the Competitive discussions and General discussions separate from each other.

Just a word of advice for the near release of the game, let me know what you guys think, lets all work towards a bigger, better forum!

*I actually posted this accidentally in General Discussions a while ago not realizing that there was a suggestions thread, let me know your opinions ;)

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I'd like to request both a ladder system! One for teams (Squads) and one for individual players. It would determine ladder position via win/lose rates-a good example of a working ladder system would be SmashLadder.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
One thing I can suggest is making it so your NNID appears in your user details (on forum posts). Surely many people will join here just looking for a quick match or two so having it on literally every post you make could be extremely helpfuly.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I think it'd be helpful for the forum staff to have different username colors, as it'd be easier to find them if you needed help. Most forums do that so I don't see why this one should be any different. :)

Also a Teams/Squads section would be really nice.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
I think it'd be helpful for the forum staff to have different username colors, as it'd be easier to find them if you needed help. Most forums do that so I don't see why this one should be any different. :)

Also a Teams/Squads section would be really nice.
Their names are green, no?

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I'm unsure if this has been considered already but clans are on the rise, and I think a feature on the site that implements this would be a great idea. Displaying a members clan somewhere underneath their name would be the most basic execution, but if you want to go further there could be small private forums for individual clans to discuss clan-image and tactics away from other clans, clan-made graphics displayed under their username, a clan leaderboard.

Of course some clans could just make private forums to discuss clan matters, but a feature like this will keep the activity focused here on Squidboards and will encourage a healthy competitive community.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
Is it possible the rules could be placed somewhere a bit more obvious for a new user to be found? I found them down at the bottom of the site after quite a few minutes of digging around, but I was hoping they'd be in the new user guide or something. I know most new users of forums don't really read the rules (ex-moderator for a smaller webcomic forum a while back) but you might up the odds a bit if it's somewhere a bit more noticeable.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I think The Crispy Calamari needs to be a little more organises, perhaps a section solely for game talk, a section for serious talk, and a proper off topic for stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other sections etc etc? I'm sure as the community grows people will find that section a bit cluttered if it stays as is.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
Change the post-bit so the last line is "NNID" instead of "Nintendo Network ID," so that it will fit on one line instead of 2.
Also have it be able to display what squad you are in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom