• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Update #5 - Initial Launch of Groups

Hey everyone! We've got a bit of a late night update today in the form of groups.

This system will allow everyone to form groups for stuff like their dedicated Teams of 4, larger Squads or clans of friends, as well as discussion hubs for Regions or other topics.

As this is just the initial rollout, there may be a few quirks and such, so keep an eye out and let us know if anything seems off!

We hope this feature further strengthens the Squidboards community as we move towards the launch of Splatoon next weekend!

Warchamp7

Comments

Alright! Will be sure to get my team "Ink Floyd" registered once this is up
Plz don't steal the name ;)

Not necessarily. A team can have more than four members, for like subs or something, but a group should be for a large amount of people.
I see. We number 9 members currently, but as a versitle game clan (we also function in Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U) we do plan on growing to near 25 members. That's probably pretty big on 4v4 exclusive standards

I see. We number 9 members currently, but as a versitle game clan (we also function in Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U) we do plan on growing to near 25 members. That's probably pretty big on 4v4 exclusive standards
You can always have a team and a squad. It's a pretty flexible system. If you have a big team, it's not necessarily a big deal.

I just opened up a Squad to post about how I like their Group Image on their wall, but it seems I cannot post to it unless I join the group. Can this be amended? I feel it would be neat to be able to post and give thoughts on a squad without joining it. :)

I just opened up a Squad to post about how I like their Group Image on their wall, but it seems I cannot post to it unless I join the group. Can this be amended? I feel it would be neat to be able to post and give thoughts on a squad without joining it. :)
That is actually a feature I'f i'm not mistaken as is an option up to the owner(s) of the group. I could be wrong.

An issue I see with the current setup is that there isn't as much geographical organization to start. On Smashboards, we have what might be considered "Groups" here (Atl North, Atl South, Midwest, etc.). Each is a defined boundary by which I can know where to go to find more about where I live. Once I find my region, I go to find my subregion (usually state), and at this point the State thread redirects me to a city's or subregion's FB page.

In Squidboard's setup, I think it will be a bit harder to find what the appropriate Region is to join as more and more people add them. Alternatively, should one go to the Squad section? I made a Squad for my city/area, but would someone know to look for that? I don't personally want to take the responsibility (for various reasons) to create an Atl. South Region or a TN region where I can direct people to my or other city's Squad pages. In the meantime, I've been advertising the squad page in my local Smash FB page.

Also, when the update first came out, I thought it would be a forum section. It turns out that I had to go to groups to find everything, and then I found out that each group has a miniforum. Can there be a way to direct people to that with less confusion, or did I just miss something?

Those are a few thoughts I had on the current layout.

EDIT: I can't find a way to edit the tagline. Is there a way?
Feel like my post got lost in the page change. Any other thoughts?
@TheRapture

Splatoon is out now everyone. Time to enjoy it to the fullest. I'm waiting for those fabulous position news and who made it! Exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom