• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidboards Update #5 - Initial Launch of Groups

Hey everyone! We've got a bit of a late night update today in the form of groups.

This system will allow everyone to form groups for stuff like their dedicated Teams of 4, larger Squads or clans of friends, as well as discussion hubs for Regions or other topics.

As this is just the initial rollout, there may be a few quirks and such, so keep an eye out and let us know if anything seems off!

We hope this feature further strengthens the Squidboards community as we move towards the launch of Splatoon next weekend!

Warchamp7

Comments

@Warchamp7 I noticed that Teams and Squads are two different categories of Groups. I was never that into online team gaming and don't really know it's terminology, so could you please explain the difference, if there is one?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot how to read for a moment there.

Last edited:
Hey does anybody have a group I can join? I'm level 16, almost 17, but I play like a pro MLG Splatoon player, my NNID is MattPlayz if anybody needs a member.

Hey does anybody have a group I can join? I'm level 16, almost 17, but I play like a pro MLG Splatoon player, my NNID is MattPlayz if anybody needs a member.
Gj guys, actually i search a competitive team :D
We can use you guys on the field! Our squad is called Inkopolis Underground. Though it may not seem like it, we are a pretty outgoing and active community on Skype, and love to play Splatoon. Here's the link: http://squidboards.com/threads/inkopolis-underground-a-truly-unique-squad.917/.

I hope you join!

How exactly do you have a dedicated team of 4 when it places everyone on random teams the way it does?
Either this isn't thought out or someone knows something I don't.

It does, even with friends?

If so, clan tags may be used.
I joined a few friends a few times, and it doesn't mark them as someone on my friends list or tell me they are not going to be in the next round, yet alone ask to put me on the same team or opposing.

Team selection is random even among friends list members.

As for clan tags, there's only a 10 character limit for the names on Miis which is what the games uses to display player name.

My squad played some matches two days ago where several of us got into a single lobby. It allowed for as close as the update in August will let us do. Basically get someone in a room and then have as many members join as you've available.

As for tags, we're using either FAQs or SF in our Mii names, depending on how long they are by member. Took some finagling, but we worked it out.

By the by, kudos to the site team. Everything looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom