• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Stages you dislike?

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Port Mackerel.

It's got some fun qualities, but I usually have a bad time there. I like the rest so far!

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
Blackbelly Skatepack is the bane of my existence. every time I try to charge a shot and splat a few opponents from the central pillar I can't get a good angle; as I'm waiting for a good shot someone with an shooter (usually an Aerospray) climbs up the wall and splats me. It would be fine if there were any other good spots to take a shot, but the other two ledges have a limited line of sight because the central pillar is in the way.

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
The only map I don't like is Arowana Mall. I guess I just hate the way the whole map is designed. It's also impossible for a team to make a comeback, it seems. After your team is down it's pretty much over.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
For me that's definitely Skatepark, expecially in Splat Zones. I tend to lose 90% of my matches here and I don't like how the center is split in two parts. It feels too cramped for my playstile with semi-long-ranged weapons; there is always someone coming after me from behind.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
I don't know if I hate it per se, but Blackbelly Skatepark is the only one that can make a case for it. Its openness is what gets to me, and I know I'm not the only one out there who feels like complete blowouts seem more common on this stage than any other. I don't have much personal experience with Splat Zones on this map, but from what I've seen from streamers and such, even that mode ends up stalemating way too much here (Port Mackerel at least requires you to travel a bit to get to the other zone, and the layout lends itself better for holding a line).

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
I don't like Port Mackerel very much. It looks like that's a popular answer here so I'm not alone, lol.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I hate the placement of the Splat Zones on Port Mackerel, because it feels like I have to completely overwhelm the other team and somehow restrict them to their spawn point to stand a chance of winning. Also, that kept happening to me earlier, so I'm a bit salty; might be coloring my perception a bit. But I still don't like it regardless, since I don't like how easy it can be to completely overrun a team if you get near their spawn in Turf War or Splat Zones.
Also, I'm not really disliking it, but Kelp Dome is just kinda weird on Splat Zones. Is it just me, or is the Splat Zone way too easy to defend? Because it kinda feels like it is sometimes, but other times I just walk in with another teammate and we take it back in like 20ish seconds (without an Inkstrike). Also, do Inkstrikes cover enough of the Splat Zone to make a team lose control by itself? Because it feels like it does sometimes. But I don't hate this stage, I find it more fun than any other stage when I'm defending the Splat Zone, I just have a few things that bug me a bit about it.
Also it's so much fun in Turf War.
I no longer loathe Walleye Warehouse like I used to. I think I was just using a bad weapon for that map (or got stuck fighting players much better than me when I wrote that last post), it's become so much better since I started using the Tentatek Splattershot (or I got put on really good teams lately, either/or really).

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I detest Port Mackerel with a passion due to the closed spaces and Black Belly Skatepark because of lag happening to me half of the time
plus these two are a nightmare for me in splat zones

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Arowana Mall. Way too difficult to retake the zone, especially with snipers taking their positions on the ledges and the Gal users shooting down at you from the walls right by the zone. Ugh.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Might have to be Arowana Mall. I really don't like the huge ramp in the middle of the stage, especially in Splat Zones. Makes it difficult to see what's going on there.

Indy Wolfy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CheveyoWolf
Blackbelly Skatepark I completely dispised with the skate ramps and controlling 2 points in ranked especially since a good splatterscope will give you a hard time.

Port Mackarel I despise to an extent due to narrow corridors / grid box system style map

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Arowana Mall for splat zones, Saltspray Rig for Turf Wars. Arowana promotes camping while Saltspray has all those catwalks and stuff. Remove the catwalks and Saltspray would be better

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Arowana Mall for splat zones, Saltspray Rig for Turf Wars. Arowana promotes camping while Saltspray has all those catwalks and stuff. Remove the catwalks and Saltspray would be better
Yeah, Arowana is pain in Splat Zones. Lots of snipery pain. If they'd put some grates from the alley to both platforms instead of making you go the long way around to get to the enemy's right-side platform that works really well as a sniper platform, I might be okay with it, but as it is now? It's a campfest of suffering for any team without at least one good Charger (which I rarely have, I rarely even get a Charger on my team) and I avoid Ranked like it's on fire and covered in angry fireproof bees when I see Arowana as one of the stage options.
Also, os it just me, or is the Kraken really good for retaking the Splat Zone on Arowana? Because the Zone is small enough that it seems like it would be, though it could just be my experience getting Invincisquid'd by surprise while I was inside the Zone colorin my opinion. I want to try it myself, but I don't want to brave what will most likely be Sniper Hell with a Roller and I don't like the way the Custom Jet Squelcher feels.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
The kraken is pretty good because sometimes it can be hard to escape from the zone. Inkstrike is better than most stages because it's hard to shoot the ink while it's striking unless you're on a platform.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
The kraken is pretty good because sometimes it can be hard to escape from the zone. Inkstrike is better than most stages because it's hard to shoot the ink while it's striking unless you're on a platform.
Yeah, that squares with my experience pretty well. Following this logic, Bubbler on Arowana should be crazy awesome (all the invincibility of the Kraken, but with less speed and drill-jumps of doom and more being able to shoot people and/or the Splat Zone). Still not sure how to deal with snipers though. Any advice? They're the number one problem I have with this stage, I'm seriously considering trying to get good with like the E-Liter (longest range in the game, should help a bit) or Classic Squiffer (it has Bubbler for when I can't aim) or something just to be less awful here.
Or maybe I'll try the Splattershot Jr.
Still, it's kinda weird. I don't think of Inkstrikes as a huge threat on Arowana, they're more annoying on Kelp Dome, even though the Splat Zone is smaller on Arowana than Kelp Dome. Not sure why that is.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I loathe Saltspray Rig in Splat Zones, the first people to get the zone usually win the whole thing. It is fun in Turf War though.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Yeah, that squares with my experience pretty well. Following this logic, Bubbler on Arowana should be crazy awesome (all the invincibility of the Kraken, but with less speed and drill-jumps of doom and more being able to shoot people and/or the Splat Zone). Still not sure how to deal with snipers though. Any advice? They're the number one problem I have with this stage, I'm seriously considering trying to get good with like the E-Liter (longest range in the game, should help a bit) or Classic Squiffer (it has Bubbler for when I can't aim) or something just to be less awful here.
Or maybe I'll try the Splattershot Jr.
Still, it's kinda weird. I don't think of Inkstrikes as a huge threat on Arowana, they're more annoying on Kelp Dome, even though the Splat Zone is smaller on Arowana than Kelp Dome. Not sure why that is.
I suggest using Dual Squelchers; it works wonders for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom