• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Stages you dislike?

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I suggest using Dual Squelchers; it works wonders for me.
I second this. I've been using Dual squelcher for the last while on Arowana Mall and owning face. Go on top of that little sniper perch that the snipers aaaalways go to and use the Dual Squelcher instead of a charger. Splat bombs destroy anyone who enters the zone and you have enough range to cover your half of the Splat Zone without the pesky charge time of chargers. I don't think any charger can reach from one perch to the other, though I haven't had anyone try.

I haven't lost a match yet using this method and I lose A LOT

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
I dislike Blackbelly Skatepark and Arowana Mall, but its mainly due to those two stages having quite bad ink lag. the rest are fine if i remember.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
I dislike Urchin Underpass and Bluefin Depot. I can't recall anything specifically that makes me dislike these two stages, but I know that I like the other ones more; a lot more.

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
I find port mackerel pretty bland and the damn trucks sometimes trap me. And sometimes the curves and weird hills and angles in skatepark throw me for a loop. Generally I like all for ranked battle tho, except Port Mackerel because the corridors seriously mess me up.

D

Deleted Member

I absolutely do not like Walleye Warehouse

Last edited by a moderator:

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
To be completely honest. I like all the maps when it comes to Turf War. Though when it comes to Splat Zones, that is a completely different story.Probably the worse one is Bluefin Depot. The fact how Bluefin has two isolated lanes and the zone is only on one, makes the map heavily underutilized. It bothers me so much that I just avoid competitive if it is in the rotation.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Kelp Dome almost seems inconsistent in its balancing when it comes to the catwalk platforms and feels way too big, and Bluefin Depot practically forces the Splat Zone rules onto Turf War. And I don't like Splat Zones.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Most of my losses have happened on Saltspray Rig, and I guess that's a big contributor to why I don't like it, along with it being brutal when you're on the losing end with Splatzones. I guess I feel the same way about Arrowana Mall as most of you, but I've never really minded Port Mackrel or Blackbelly Skatepark.

papaya

Inkster Jr.
Saltspray Rig and Bluefin Depot because falling in the water is embarrassing.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Salt Rig because all players are idiots who take bottom or mid-paths before taking top. Port Mack because opponents in the short corridors are almost unpredictable. I want the Skyscrapers already, holy crap.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Saltspray Rig (control the top & mid, auto-win) and Blackbelly Skatepark (I hate those ramps, they don't let me aim down properly), with Arowana Mall and Urchin Underpass as honorable mentions.

Last edited:

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
Unpopular opinion?: I actually really like Arowana Mall! Even in Splat Zones. Maybe even moreso in Splat Zones. Not sure how to explain why, I just like the layout. I guess I also just plain like the stage design too.

My least favourite map for Turf War is Urchin Underpass for sure, because I feel like on this map more than any other it becomes a mad rush to be the first to completely trap the enemy team in their base (I'm not saying I never had fun when I'm on the successful side, but all in all it doesn't feel as good as exchanging blows in the centre of the map). I get a similar feeling with Blackbelly but the general layout of the stage is more fun so I tend to enjoy it more.

I also actually like Port Mackerel in both modes, but it feels a bit more dull in Splat Zones because of the simplistic layout of the zones (if that even makes sense??) The lack of moving trucks might contribute to that.

ProfessorKony

Inkster Jr.
Are there any stages you just don't like? For me, it's Arowana Mall. It's such an enclosed and narrow stage. I wouldn't mind that so much if I could see most of it. But I can't because of the giant slopes. Enemies come from out of nowhere and you can't see them coming because they're approaching atop a giant slope in the middle. Often times, matches are decided based on who can get to the top first. There are those other paths to the side that you can use, but they're also often occupied by the enemy. It's the only stage I don't enjoy getting.
I can't get into Kelp Dome. I don't know what it is about the map, but I rather play another other map. Perhaps is the amount of times Kelp Dome has been in the rotation. EVERY TIME I GO ON SPLATOON ITS NOTHING BUT FRICKIN KELP DOME.

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
I find my opinion of most stages completely flips depending on the mode. Port Mackerel feels very dull and monotonous in Turf Wars, but it's my favorite stage in Splat Zones since the split zones really enforce an attack and defend dynamic, and it's my second favorite Tower Control map due to the very long length of the track. Saltspray Rig, however, is easily my favorite map in Turf Wars but I absolutely hate it in Splat Zones (haven't tried Tower Control on it). I suppose when it comes down to it, I dislike Port Mackerel (Turf War), Saltspray Rig (Splat Zones), Bluefin Depot (Splat Zones), Walleye Warehouse (Tower Control), Blackbelly Skatepark (Tower Control), and Urchin Underpass (Tower Control)

ProfessorKony

Inkster Jr.
I find my opinion of most stages completely flips depending on the mode. Port Mackerel feels very dull and monotonous in Turf Wars, but it's my favorite stage in Splat Zones since the split zones really enforce an attack and defend dynamic, and it's my second favorite Tower Control map due to the very long length of the track. Saltspray Rig, however, is easily my favorite map in Turf Wars but I absolutely hate it in Splat Zones (haven't tried Tower Control on it). I suppose when it comes down to it, I dislike Port Mackerel (Turf War), Saltspray Rig (Splat Zones), Bluefin Depot (Splat Zones), Walleye Warehouse (Tower Control), Blackbelly Skatepark (Tower Control), and Urchin Underpass (Tower Control)
I agree with you on Port Mackerel. I really like Bluefin Depot (I'm pretty sure that's what it's called). I really like maps where I can use my chargers :D

Protom

Pro Squid
Salt spray on TC and Kelp on TW. They (respectively) feel too small and too big in those modes, and I never enjoy playing them when they're in rotation for those modes...

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
So, I've been warming up to Kelp Dome as of late (not that it's hard to warm up in there amirite) and sort of became indifferent to it.

Bluefin Depot is still a complete pain to traverse, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom