• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Stages you dislike?

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
Still curious where the tower path on Saltspray is, though ..
It's pretty bad lolol. They made the path unbelievably short so it's hard to have the reclaiming victories.

I pretty much love them all except for Arowana Mall (in all modes) & Saltspray Rig (only in Tower Control).

I actually really like Port Mackerel. It's a lot of fun going between the corridors to find unsuspecting inklings :D

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
You ever heard the expression "burning bridges"?

What? It's not literal? Meh, I'm still burning down Arowana.

Skaggles

Inkling
I dislike urchin underpass, there's something about how the exits to the middle of the map feel blind... It feels as if I can't plan an attack because I can't see the enemy, or I feel I'm going to just enter and get ambushed.

Tinkalila

Inkling
NNID
Tinkalila
Not that much of a fan of kelp dome or bluefin depot. I also used to really dislike blackbelly skatepark.

Puffinn

Inkling
NNID
Castielle
I am not a fan at all of Moray Towers. It's too easy to very quickly be pushed back and not have a chance to get out in the middle. Chargers annoy me a lot on this map. It's probably the only map I actually dislike playing in. Some other maps can be annoying with being pushed back and not having a chance to get out, but this one's the worst offender

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
It's pretty bad lolol. They made the path unbelievably short so it's hard to have the reclaiming victories.

I pretty much love them all except for Arowana Mall (in all modes) & Saltspray Rig (only in Tower Control).

I actually really like Port Mackerel. It's a lot of fun going between the corridors to find unsuspecting inklings :D
I actually really like Arowana. It's such a great Charger map.

I like Port Mackerel as well.

How do you feel about Kelp Dome's TC? I like Kelp Dome but on TC it's a headache.

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
I actually really like Arowana. It's such a great Charger map.

I like Port Mackerel as well.

How do you feel about Kelp Dome's TC? I like Kelp Dome but on TC it's a headache.
Yeah, that's the exact reason why I don't like Arowana hahaha.

Really? I like Kelp Dome's Tower Control. I mean, it's nothing special and it's similar to BlackBelly Skatepark.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I dislike Blackbelly Skatepark, not because of how it's laid out, but because it's the only map that gives me any lag that isn't tied to too much stuff happening. I notice slowdown/ink lag when 1000 things are happening at once (Inkstrike plus Bomb Rush plus whatever), but on the Skatepark, it happens every time at the same point, just as the teams are reaching the middle. It's kinda weird, and some have speculated that it's because of the calculations for putting the ink on the bowls and ramps. It's a fine map otherwise, even if the bases are too easy to infiltrate (you just gotta play more defence!)

Um, I guess Walleye is kinda boring? It certainly does seem to lend itself to spawn camping on Turf. But eh, winning in Turf isn't all that important. It's far more exciting in Ranked, where winning IS important and the map suddenly becomes much more dynamic and crazy.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I absolutely despise Port Mackerel. I groan whenever I see it in rotation. The narrow passageways make it too easy to get sniped, its very hard to score points as well. I can't count how many times those stupid trucks blocked my escape routes from getting splatted. Also if the enemy advances to the big area near your spawn they will just camp there and you will have no possible way to advance (Most of the time at least IMO). Thank god it is getting remodelled in the new update and will hopefully return with bigger areas.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
The picture on the top left is the perfect representation of my feelings on this course.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
I hate Moray towers... when there is an E-liter.
I hate Camp Triggerfish... when there is an E-liter.
I hate Saltspray Rig... when there are Squid beacons.

But I love them with I have the E-liter/Beacons on my team. Oh team match up.. How I hate thou so.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Honestly and personally I have zero problems with any of the maps in Splatoon so far. Each one feels very well balanced, has allot of thought put in them, and most of them are pretty intricate with unique pathways. I really do enjoy them all very much.

My favourite maps so far would be Moray Towers, Camp Triggerfish, Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall, & Kelp Dome.

My least favorite so far would be Skatepark & Walleye Warehouse but I still enjoy them, just not as much.

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
I HAAAAAAAAAATE Arowana Mall. Every mode. It's just bleh. I'm glad the Famitsu Polls showed I'm not alone. Also hate Skatepark in Zones (but love it in Tower). I'm fine with Moray Towers but I just hate how many people suddenly play Chargers when it's in rotation and just play really lame and campy. Pretty much ok with everything else. In general though, I would prefer if stages only had a single zone to defend in Splat Zones

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Kelp Dome. It's really big, bad for blasters, and a lot of times in Turf Wars it's just spraying down ink most of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom