• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Stages you dislike?

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
It's gotta be Urchin Underpass and Port Mackerel for me. I don't do too bad on them, but it just feels boring to me, hhhhHH

EDIT: wow just as I post this the maps rotate to tHESE EXACT STAGES. ):

Last edited:

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Mine's a tie between the Kelp Dome and Bluefin Depot.

kelp dome feels too big and the first few times i ever played it i kept getting lost and not knowing where i was. it feels a little tedious having to ink that much area and it feels like there's little payoff for your work. (not to mention i never win on kelp dome but that's beside the point)

bluefin depot feels too small, though my friend insists that it's one of the largest stages in the game.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
bluefin depot feels too small, though my friend insists that it's one of the largest stages in the game.
Maybe in terms of physical size, but the fact that there's a giant gap in the middle of the stage (which can easily leave you screwed due to a lack of travel methods) and that there's plenty of un-inkable areas can easily make it feel small and cramped.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
To me, it seems like 90% of matches on Port Mackeral are incredibly one-sided and end in spawncamping. Haven't played enough Moray Towers to tell if I hate that one too or not.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I always had some issues with Mackerel. This most recent Splatfest didn't help. It's basically a hallway. You can't flank, you can't loop around, it's just a straight line. All you can hope for is that when you first see the enemy team, more Inklings on the other side go pop than on your side. It's even worse on Splat Zones since the Zones are on opposite sides of the map.

RemiRei

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RemiRei
I've really started to dislike Blackbelly Skatepark, too many Krak-On Rollers come out to play when this map is on rotation, it makes me want to avoid playing, but I can't do that, so I'll take my own Krak-On to meet them, fight fire with fire.

SuperLuigi9624

Inkling
NNID
JonnieNNID
I'm one of the masses who hate Arowana Mall.

It's far too cluttered in the middle, the ramp is annoying for a Splattershot Jr. main so I have to use the Jet Squelcher, but usually Arowana has a map that doesn't favor the Jet S. so it's just a cluttered mess and I hate it

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm one of the masses who hate Arowana Mall.

It's far too cluttered in the middle, the ramp is annoying for a Splattershot Jr. main so I have to use the Jet Squelcher, but usually Arowana has a map that doesn't favor the Jet S. so it's just a cluttered mess and I hate it
Try the Dual Squelcher. It doesn't make the map any less annoying, but you get the best of both worlds

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Moray Towers used to be my favorite stage when it came out, and eliters ruined it

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Arowana Mall = no thx, next rotation pls. Especially Splat Zones.
Blackbelly Skatepark actually probs my second favorite map besides Camp Triggerfish. That's the one map I <3 Splat Zones on.
Bluefin Depot is eh, I'll begrudgingly play on it, but there are far better maps.
Kelp Dome I have a love-hate relationship with. I love how it looks and the layout but it's so big and is kinda frustrating at times to make sure the other team doesn't sneak up behind you or cover turf behind your back.
Moray Towers I'm actually alright with, I can't be mad when I get to leap off of giant paths and stealth my way to the top.
Port Mackarel is alright, but it's definitely not my favorite. So many paths you have to monitor, and all the corners make it....fun....to take out enemies round around from you. Also, unclimbable ledges >:\
Saltspray Rig is great when things go smoothly. It's so fast-paced and you can get around so quickly assuming your not sniped. There are a few unfun spots like the inflatable right at the top of the ramps, and the purposely narrow gao to slip past. Also, being trapped when you're all the way in the back and have to defend or muscle your way out (or just super jump but *shrug*)
Urchin Underpass is the same way. As long as the ither team doesn't fully control the center I'm alright. When they do, even taking the side path on the right sucks because it had a long strip for them to snipe you or just kill you if you're using a Custom Splattershot Jr. with terrible range and not enough firepower to combat 2-hit kill weapons. The bumps leading into the center aren't fun either, but I guess that's the point.
Walleye Warehouse is alright, but it feels too small for the amount of time you're given :\ also so many freaking narrow paths that my Jr can't deal with.
Camp Triggerfish I'll be able to give my opinion on in a bit, need to finish my editor so I can load it into single player :\

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
I <3 Arowana mall, Idk why everyone hates it.

But I really hate Skatepark with a passion

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
For me it is Saltspray Rig because after a long string of losses during Splatzones I hate when ever this map comes into rotation. Arowana mall is a close second though.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Urchin underpass bugs me, I just get wrecked if i try to get in the middle. I imagine this is the splat rollers favorite stage. I just wish all maps had 2 zones to control in splat zones as opposed to 1.
Agreed! The penalty is so punishing in Splat Zones, having only one zone makes it so difficult to come back if they grab it from you - which is easier because there is only one.

It would be nice if they all had 2, or SZs cleared all ink when a team lost control like the campaign mid bosses do.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I <3 Arowana mall, Idk why everyone hates it.

But I really hate Skatepark with a passion
I like Arowana as well! It has a lot of great Charger points, so that kind of biases me in its favor.

I hate Urchin Underpass, though. For the inverse reason, there are no good Charger vantage points.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Yeah, that squares with my experience pretty well. Following this logic, Bubbler on Arowana should be crazy awesome (all the invincibility of the Kraken, but with less speed and drill-jumps of doom and more being able to shoot people and/or the Splat Zone). Still not sure how to deal with snipers though. Any advice? They're the number one problem I have with this stage, I'm seriously considering trying to get good with like the E-Liter (longest range in the game, should help a bit) or Classic Squiffer (it has Bubbler for when I can't aim) or something just to be less awful here.
Or maybe I'll try the Splattershot Jr.
Still, it's kinda weird. I don't think of Inkstrikes as a huge threat on Arowana, they're more annoying on Kelp Dome, even though the Splat Zone is smaller on Arowana than Kelp Dome. Not sure why that is.
Probably because there are a lot of ledges above Arowana, so it's easier for the opponent to cover the InkSTRIKE up quicker.

Kelp Dome has low walls/grated catwalks which don't provide the same cover as Arowana's ledges, so it's easier to keep people off of them.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I don't like kelp dome, if you have 1 worse player it feels impossible because it's so big, i'm like woo captured the middle >:D *looks at map and sees they have everything else* e-e and then it's so hard to defend because the paths out of there base are so far apart ;-;

Rioni

Inkling
NNID
eternaldannymoon
Much like the others here, I don't really like Port Mackerel. The majority of my losses comes from that stage. Maybe I just have terrible luck in that stage?? I don't know :V

Also, any stages that have 2 splat zones in ranked battles are no good for me either.

NonoLink5

Inkling
NNID
Nonolink5
I don't very like the Saltspray Rig in Turf War, but in Splat'Zones and Tower Control, I love it

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I don't very like the Saltspray Rig in Turf War, but in Splat'Zones and Tower Control, I love it
I agree!

I haven't been able to do TC here yet but it's one of my favorite SZ stages. It's hard to feel trapped when you're behind because you can leave your base the different ways in safety, and the actual zone is in a pretty easily contested spot.

I think the reason it's so bad in TF is because there are two locations that are out of the way and take up a large chunk of inkable ground. :/

Still curious where the tower path on Saltspray is, though ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom