Super Mario Maker

Howl7

Pro Squid
Hey thanks for the comments and the stars! I really appreciate it! And thanks for the comment on Octo Valley, I play a lot of single player so I TRY to make it 10% Mario Maker-ish haha.

I played your two new levels and left comments and stars on both of them. And I'm following you. You make good levels, I'd like to see more.

@Howl7 I commented and starred all three of your levels. Great job on them. You earned all those stars from those people.

Thanks Noire! I'm happy that you liked them and i'm glad that you found interesting the mini game! ^_^

I tried some of your levels (Super Flesh Squids: Octo Valley - Bowser Jr.'s Triple Treat Fort - Bob-omb Tunnel - Heart of Gold), i found them really enjoyable and absolutely not frustrating (especially the last two), well designed the castle with the right amount of difficulty. I starred all of them and i left 3 comments. :D

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I was playing for a bit earlier so I made a little level with my least used enemies (nobody seems to use them all that much for whatever reason): Wiggler House E68C-0000-00A8-AE5F

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I just learned how to make a music course :3
87D2-0000-00A9-025A
Wow shy, I could never do a music level. I tried over and over, but I can't figure it out. It's more interesting playing others anyway. I commented and starred it! Oh, and I'm following you now. And great level!

@Zero Revolution Just played your new level. Really fun! I may be the only one, but I find the sound when Mario keeps bouncing on the Wigglers cute. I commented, and starred it, and I'm following you now. Good job!

Last edited:

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
Wow shy, I could never do a music level. I tried over and over, but I can't figure it out. It's more interesting playing others anyway. I commented and starred it! Oh, and I'm following you now.
I had no idea how to make one either. I was watching some music levels on youtube to see if I can figure out how they work but it was so confusing. I ended up finding this guide on music levels and that's when I made my own :3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805618-super-mario-maker/72481056

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Reactions: shy

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I made two more music courses
9DC2-0000-00A9-3FEA
D7CB-0000-00AA-B09A

Last edited:

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I do have new levels but untill I hit the next milestone in stars, I'll be unable to post any new levels for a little while.

Current Stars: 135 (I think)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I made two more music courses
9DC2-0000-00A9-3FEA
D7CB-0000-00AA-B09A
I just played these. Really liked them, gave you a comment and a star on both of them.

@Ink Gunner Emily Once you've hit your upload limit, all you can do is either wait until you get 150 stars for your third medal from randoms, or delete your unpopular courses and replace them with new ones to potentially speed it up. You have 135 Stars though. You only need 15 more.

Reactions: shy

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I just played these. Really liked them, gave you a comment and a star on both of them.

@Ink Gunner Emily Once you've hit your upload limit, all you can do is either wait until you get 150 stars for your third medal from randoms, or delete your unpopular courses and replace them with new ones to potentially speed it up. You have 135 Stars though. You only need 15 more.
Well, all my levels are played fairly often and I've gotten more than one star across the board with them all, so I cannot say any are not enjoyed. So far, my most played level is the first level I ever done Coursing. Coursing has broke the 100 plays mark with 103 plays. I think Cheep Cheep Cove is in second place with 78 plays. So I think I'll wait and let the stars go up since I'm close enough.

Funny thing though is that I sat at 111 stars for a while before it sprang up over night to 130 stars. I think it's due to the new player influx. There are new people playing the game everyday, so I can only pray I can get more plays. I may also play other's levels to get a little more attention to mine. We'll see.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Well, all my levels are played fairly often and I've gotten more than one star across the board with them all, so I cannot say any are not enjoyed. So far, my most played level is the first level I ever done Coursing. Coursing has broke the 100 plays mark with 103 plays. I think Cheep Cheep Cove is in second place with 78 plays. So I think I'll wait and let the stars go up since I'm close enough.

Funny thing though is that I sat at 111 stars for a while before it sprang up over night to 130 stars. I think it's due to the new player influx. There are new people playing the game everyday, so I can only pray I can get more plays. I may also play other's levels to get a little more attention to mine. We'll see.
Yep, waiting it out is always the best option some times because stars just come by naturally if your levels are traditional (and they are). And there's going to be a lot of new players coming to play the game over the course of the next few months especially December due to Holiday shenanigans.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Yep, waiting it out is always the best option some times because stars just come by naturally if your levels are traditional (and they are). And there's going to be a lot of new players coming to play the game over the course of the next few months especially December due to Holiday shenanigans.
You are not kidding there. The holidays are where it'll get crazy~ A lot more people will be apart of the gaming community to play Super Mario Maker~ It's actually kinda funny how that works. The play rate is a bit low till the holidays. After that, boom! Players everywhere~

(For some reason the comment box was making what I said part of the quote)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
You are not kidding there. The holidays are where it'll get crazy~ A lot more people will be apart of the gaming community to play Super Mario Maker~ It's actually kinda funny how that works. The play rate is a bit low till the holidays. After that, boom! Players everywhere~
Yeah, this holiday season, you'll find a lot of new players since SMM is one of Nintendo's big Holiday releases for this year and I'm sure a lot of kids got denied the game right now due to parents only willing to buy it for them for the Holidays. You'll see a lot more stars at around December. For me, I gotta scrap up some cash and buy Wooly World. My brother is constantly bugging me to buy it.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Yeah, this holiday season, you'll find a lot of new players since SMM is one of Nintendo's big Holiday releases for this year and I'm sure a lot of kids got denied the game right now due to parents only willing to buy it for them for the Holidays. You'll see a lot more stars at around December. For me, I gotta scrap up some cash and buy Wooly World. My brother is constantly bugging me to buy it.
Yay for holiday overload! Also your brother needs to take something called a CHILL PILL, seriously. Wooly World isn't going anywhere...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yay for holiday overload! Also your brother needs to take something called a CHILL PILL, seriously. Wooly World isn't going anywhere...
Oh don't I know it. He's rather modest when it comes to spending money but oh my, he gets mad really fast. Playing Smash Bros against him is a meltdown just waiting to happen. When he loses really badly one round, the next round he picks Little Mac or Bowser and proceed to stomp me into oblivion without saying anything that whole round. He's extremely competitive, which means he gets really "salty" when playing Splatoon and he blames his teammates on every last detail. He hates it when I play as Lucina. He picks Roy as a counter almost every time. When he loses when I'm Lucina, oh my.

But honest to truth, he's a really good person, he just needs to calm down.
Edit: Whoops, didn't realize I liked your post already, accidentally press "unlike". I liked it immediately afterwards realizing my mistake.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Oh don't I know it. He's rather modest when it comes to spending money but oh my, he gets mad really fast. Playing Smash Bros against him is a meltdown just waiting to happen. When he loses really badly one round, the next round he picks Little Mac or Bowser and proceed to stomp me into oblivion without saying anything that whole round. He's extremely competitive, which means he gets really "salty" when playing Splatoon and he blames his teammates on every last detail. He hates it when I play as Lucina. He picks Roy as a counter almost every time. When he loses when I'm Lucina, oh my.

But honest to truth, he's a really good person, he just needs to calm down.
Edit: Whoops, didn't realize I liked your post already, accidentally press "unlike". I liked it immediately afterwards realizing my mistake.
Wow, he reminds me of one of my friends who is around my apartment a lot. When he rages, the whole complex knows. I've told him to cool it with the yelling due a crackdown on gamers late at night. The manager goes around a evicts gamers who scream at the top of their lungs all the time. The reason this start is that there was a gamer in B Building that was yelling as loud as you can get late that night, and a elderly woman next door had a Heart Attack because of it. The heart attack ended up becoming a fatality and the guy was immediately evicted.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Wow, he reminds me of one of my friends who is around my apartment a lot. When he rages, the whole complex knows. I've told him to cool it with the yelling due a crackdown on gamers late at night. The manager goes around a evicts gamers who scream at the top of their lungs all the time. The reason this start is that there was a gamer in B Building that was yelling as loud as you can get late that night, and a elderly woman next door had a Heart Attack because of it. The heart attack ended up becoming a fatality and the guy was immediately evicted.
Yikes. That's really sad. Keep your volume down people!

I'm trying to teach him to keep your cool, even when others are around. What I learned is to be as calm as you can no matter what time it is so I am really laid back these days. Everyone in my family comes to me when they want to discuss something with me. Some of these conversations can lead upwards to almost an hour so I bring out my 3DS and listen and comment when I feel it's necessary. One thing I have to stop doing is blasting music from my computer, which is really loud and I recently got new speakers and the bass of them is far more noticeable than before. I got called out for having the volume so high more than once.

We live in an apartment too and the neighbors upstairs are LOUD! His kids are making all sorts of noises at night and he builds stuff up there so we hear his hammer. I've heard arguments also in the middle of the night with screaming. Yeeesh, cool your jets guys.

I'll go make a Mario Maker course here to keep this topic going. And I hope you can get those 15 stars soon. I would like to play more courses from you guys.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'll go make a Mario Maker course here to keep this topic going. And I hope you can get those 15 stars soon. I would like to play more courses from you guys.
I hope so too. I've got 4 new and good levels that are gathering dust until I unlock the ability to upload 10 more, making 30 levels.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Okay, I took about 2 hours of my time to finally finish the World 8 in my game. The first level which I already uploaded, is Super Fresh Squids: Octo Valley. That's more of less, a bonus level. I made 3 new levels with a "World 8" theme in mind. Note: These levels are the hardest I've uploaded. Nothing Kaizo, but straight up traditionally hard. As with all of my levels, they are traditional.

Hide-And-Go Hammer Bros. (SMW): This level features a LOT of Hammer Bros. They also are hiding in the majority of the question blocks so be warned if you try to jump on one. There's a hidden shortcut that takes you to the end faster. Yoshi appears in the level and there's three question blocks that contain him, but with all the Hammer Bros. it may not be easy to find him. TIP: You can have Yoshi let out his tongue in a burner and he'll grab a fireball from it which he use to launch at enemies.
9A56-0000-00AC-9D02

Bowser's Elite Armada (SMB3): IMO the hardest of the three. A lot of enemies are present here and there's a lot of projectiles you'll have to avoid. Bowser can be avoided by grabbing the P Switch in the question block on the right of him and then avoid him to the finish. TIP: You can ground pound with the Large Goomba's Shoe and one shot Bowser Jr. with it. Another Tip: After the second ship which had Bowser Jr on it, go jump down the gap between the second and third ship to find a hidden pipe that gives you a free 1-Up and a Super Leaf.
5BDE-0000-00AC-9D49

Bowser's Last Stand (NSMBU): The final castle and I tried to make it intimidating. If you ask me, it's a lot easier than Bowser's Elite Armada.
A69D-0000-00AC-9E7C

I'm just sharing in case anyone wants to play 'em.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom