Super Mario Maker

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I played some of the levels posted in this thread earlier today, and unfortunately I don't really remember which was which, but they were still pretty interesting!

Here's my newest level's code, 'Off the Track': 29F2-0000-0057-D46B

It's a pretty difficult one.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@ILikeKirbys Wow! Your levels were a lot of fun! Hammer Bro Isles and it's remix are very creative.
And the speed level is a nice one too. I can't wait to try more from you!
Thanks! I was worried about the quality on those (thought the original might be a bit too tough, even with Fire Flowers), so it's good to hear that they're good!

@Agadez I saw your comment on Luigi's. Didn't think anyone'd find that, haha.
Also I tried out your Not Kaizo again. I stopped after reaching the part where you have to kick a Galoomba (I forgot you could do that, thanks for the reminder!) into bouncing Spinies in a trampoline hallway. That's damn tricky, and I'm not confident that I could pull it off, but eventually I'll beat Not Kaizo (already got past the first room, so I did better than last time). Looks very well designed from what I've seen, though, hopefully I'll be able to beat it some time.

Also, I've hit the upload cap with this one. Here's a level where you hold right and Y to win.
Mario Maker Cup: Starman Hills: 3509-0000-0059-0A64

Finally, here's a thing: What would everyone like to see added to Super Mario Maker in the future (since they can probably add more stuff at a later date, once people get good with the current stuff)?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I stopped after reaching the part where you have to kick a Galoomba (I forgot you could do that, thanks for the reminder!) into bouncing Spinies in a trampoline hallway. That's damn tricky, and I'm not confident that I could pull it off, but eventually I'll beat Not Kaizo (already got past the first room, so I did better than last time). Looks very well designed from what I've seen, though, hopefully I'll be able to beat it some time.
How I got past that room is kick the galoomba in the lava then bait the spinies to follow me left then I jump on the platform the galoomba was orignally on and watch as they fall into the lava. Repeat until they are all defeated and then continued. Also on that platform, there is a hidden block with a mushroom that you will find useful.

What I would like to see personally is water and lava blocks for the normal themes. More "Music" SFX, and
slopes which I think is in the realm of possibilities. Maybe add Luigi as his own character for all four themes.

EDIT: @Zero Revolution Nice and challenging level. I like that there's powerups in just the right
locations but you can still die if you're not being careful.
@ILikeKirbys That Mario Kart level was fun! I really hope you get more stars so you can upload
more. I hope the community can help you with that one!

Last edited:

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Soooooooooo I'm guessing nobody used the goomba to kick it up to knock out the spiny then catch it again? = w=''''' @Noire @ILikeKirbys and thanks kirb!

After seeing how long mario does crazy long jumps and I also noticed the layout after a few deaths, but I haven't beaten your hammer bros level, yet.

Finally, here's a thing: What would everyone like to see added to Super Mario Maker in the future (since they can probably add more stuff at a later date, once people get good with the current stuff)?
Being able to spin jump off spinning saws, charging chucks, amazing flying hammer bro, banzai bill. boney beetles, (insert the rest of the SMW enemies here) and slopes for sliding. = w=

And lastly, I actually really liked the new style Mario All Stars used for Mario 1, lost levels and 3.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Also, I've hit the upload cap with this one. Here's a level where you hold right and Y to win.
Mario Maker Cup: Starman Hills: 3509-0000-0059-0A64

I'll have to make sure to play and star your levels then! I don't believe I played any (or at least not many) of the ones you posted.

I'd like them to add more themes, such as desert and jungle, I feel there's a fairly limited amount currently. I also think there needs to be slopes and star coins. Star coins would add so much replay value to the courses, it's really odd they didn't think to add them already.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Hmmm. Thinking about maybe share some stuff I made on my account. Who knows, though the real question is 'who cares?'.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
BE54-0000-0059-7EC5
P-Thwomp
My newest level; it's got some Thwomp tricks that may catch you off-guard.

9A35-0000-0048-A6DA
The Basement's Flooded With Lava
A medium difficulty level that mixes up the haunted house and castle themes.

8EA2-0000-0022-77B0
I Have A Squid amiibo; You Don't
This is actually the first level I made in SMM; I wasn't quite sure what to make with the limited tools, so it's a pretty simple level to beat, but getting all three 1-Ups and getting to the secret area at the top can be rather tricky.

You might notice the different accounts. Avalon is actually my sis-in-law's account; I was at her's when I made most of the levels I've posted thus-far so they're under her name, but from now on, the majority should be under my account: Tessa.

And @Ink Gunner Emily, we're all pretty eager to try whatever levels we can here. Plus, playing levels by people you know has more charm to it than playing ones by randoms.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Cuddlefish Very nice levels. The Basement's Flooded with Lava is the standout one for me and I haven't seen anybody do that concept yet.
Good job!
@Ink Gunner Emily No need to think that way, we're all excited to play any levels posted here. Your levels would be very welcomed!

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
What I've played is pretty fun, and I've made a few Splatoon amiibo levels myself!
Its a bit hard to generate stars naturally so I can make more levels so I guess I'm not advertising them enough, but I don't want to shove it in people's faces.

AND I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK THE CHOMP RRRRR

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
What I've played is pretty fun, and I've made a few Splatoon amiibo levels myself!
Its a bit hard to generate stars naturally so I can make more levels so I guess I'm not advertising them enough, but I don't want to shove it in people's faces.

AND I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK THE CHOMP RRRRR
Please share them, I'm really interested in what you've come up and I'll star them to help you out.

Also, keep messing with the editor to unlock more sets to play with, one of these has the chain chomp in them.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I don't like to give away my ideas, but since I don't have the game, can somebody make a really hard version of Run For It, from NSMBU? I would like to see someone do basically an extreme parkour level even harder than the Run for It level from NSMBU.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
Please share them, I'm really interested in what you've come up and I'll star them to help you out.

Also, keep messing with the editor to unlock more sets to play with, one of these has the chain chomp in them.
Thank you so much!!
I have a mighty need for the Chomp, but I don't think I've played it enough to unlock it. I wonder how people like Ross from Game Grumps have unlocked it so early...
I have a lot more levels, but I'm really only proud of the Splatoon ones and one Fire Emblem one.

You're a kid, you're a squid!
Course ID: 3635-0000-001C-DD00

Basically it's just a generic Splatoon themed level. No fun backstory here.

Turf War! Squid jump to finish!
Course ID: 2E4A-0000-002F-7696

You're being chased by enemy Inklings, but your entire team is down! Squid jump through their traps and back to base to regroup! WARNING: There's at least one jump in this level that'll totally kick your butt if you aren't careful.

Fire Emblem Adventure!
Course ID: 244B-0000-0028-EA58

Guide your favorite Fire Emblem characters through the dungeon! You can pick from Lucina, Robin, Ike, and Marth to use on your adventure! There's also an Easter Egg costume, someone who isn't a Fire Emblem character but I like and thought would be fun to play as! See if you can find them too!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@sayaka_abstergo Just played and starred your three levels. But I decided to play the other ones you uploaded as well.
I hope you don't mind. I liked your stages, especially since you don't have all the tools at your disposal.
The Turf War stage was creative. Using the Bloopers to simulate the "Enemy Squids" was a highlight of this level for me.

One piece of friendly advice is to watch your use of the springs. A lot of people don't like them and will not put up with it.
Especially when they're stacked on top of each other. Other than that, I liked your ideas and I can't wait to see what
else you can come up with! :)

@ZypkerGaming I could, but I'll need to take screenshots of the level in Mario U and then attempt to
recreate it, then edit it to make you pull your hair out. It would take about 5 or more hours to get it on
the level you requested. I could do it but I'll see if I have the time to do so.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
@sayaka_abstergo Just played and starred your three levels. But I decided to play the other ones you uploaded as well.
I hope you don't mind. I liked your stages, especially since you don't have all the tools at your disposal.
The Turf War stage was creative. Using the Bloopers to simulate the "Enemy Squids" was a highlight of this level for me.

One piece of friendly advice is to watch your use of the springs. A lot of people don't like them and will not put up with it.
Especially when they're stacked on top of each other. Other than that, I liked your ideas and I can't wait to see what
else you can come up with! :)
Thank you! I try my best with what I have.
Maybe the Chomps will unlock with the next package.

I always thought the Inkling Squid form looked a little bit like a Blooper, so it was a neat easter egg for me. It originally had ones coming out of cannons and stuff at the end, but I had a few people test it out and none of them could pass the level with the cannons, so I took them out.

Dang, I really like the springs. It adds a little extra challenge imo. But to each their own I suppose. I'll make sure to put them in less!

I might make a Pikmin themed one since I JUST got the Olimar amiibo. I have a few really cool ideas for that!

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Finished a new one already:

BA57-0000-005B-1F1D
Secret Secret
Exactly what it says on the tin; this level is chock full o'secrets, and I challenge you guys to find every last one... but... well, you really don't have to in order to beat the level... In fact, if you focus purely on beating the level and ignore all the hidden goodies, there's really not that much challenge at all.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Cuddlefish I like the concept of finding the secrets being the level itself.
I probably didn't find close to all of them, but it's really well designed. I liked the "boss fight"
against Bowser. I found a P Switch at the beginning but I don't know what the point of it is.

I'll get on making levels soon, although I am rather annoyed at my 3DS breaking a couple
of hours ago, I'll see to getting it replaced soon.

Last edited:

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
39FE-0000-005B-7384

Not Foss 1, borrowed some ideas and tweak a couple of them. Its based on Panga's SMW puzzle hack, Super Foss World. So yeah. :V enjoy.

PS: Panga is the same guy that beaten SMW blindfolded, Creator of Item abuse series and is currently making some crazy hard levels on SMM.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Agadez I'll try your level right now. I'll edit some impressions when I'm done.

EDIT: It's definitely a puzzle level! It's not the hardest, but it does make you think.
I'd like more of the Fozz styled levels. I actually enjoy them more than I thought I would!

Also, I see that Super Best Friends Zaibatsu signature. My brother and I watched the entirety of
Rustlemania 2: SuperBrawl Saturday III. It was hysterical!

Last edited:

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
I'm glad you liked the level :D I was pretty excited myself using these ideas.

It's going to take a lot more work for another foss styled level. (if you watch the vid below) I hope Nintendo releases more content to work with in course maker soon.

Ah, I've only caught a couple episodes of this year's Rustlemania but I didn't miss out on the super dumb (therefore the best) Royal Rumble finale they had and all of its wonderful random guest wrestlers. xP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom