• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Super Mario Maker

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'd been working on a level a few weeks ago that I stopped making without finishing. I finally went back and finished it, so here it is: Super Vine Ride 3F63-0000-00AA-96E7

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I have 5 more levels now for you~ 4 have been gathering dust and the newest one is fresh of the idea presses~

Ghastly Paths: This is by far one of my most difficult boo houses. There are tricks and one very devious trap. Find out what is what before the boos consume you~
ID: AD3C-0000-00AE-CC8D

Underwhere: This is fairly standard. Some basic platforming and fairly easy to avoid enemies, if you are careful. Nothing much to say here.
ID: 75CD-0000-00AE-CCE8

Wonderfalls: Now this is a challenge for inexperienced players, but it's a basic challenge for intermediate players. The underground section is the most unforgiving part of this level truthfully~
ID: 2DB6-0000-00AE-CD2E

Darkfire Castle: This level contains some tedious and maybe fairly hard parts to it. Just make it to Bowser in on piece. He is large and in charge after all. If he doesn't get you, his fireballs will~
ID: 0426-0000-00AE-CD9B

Hoppin Hieghts: This is where I started cranking out the difficulty more. I will garentee a few deaths at the least on this level. The underground section being pretty convoluted and full of enemies. Not to mention some firebars to boot. I hope you are ready to crank your skill level up, because you are not getting out alive if you are not skilled.
ID: 58FE-0000-00AE-FDE1

Sorry if I'm coming off differently. I'm just super excited to have over 150 stars. I can now post more levels for other to enjoy. I'm not joking with the difficulty of Ghastly Paths though.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I have 5 more levels now for you~ 4 have been gathering dust and the newest one is fresh of the idea presses~

Ghastly Paths: This is by far one of my most difficult boo houses. There are tricks and one very devious trap. Find out what is what before the boos consume you~
ID: AD3C-0000-00AE-CC8D

Underwhere: This is fairly standard. Some basic platforming and fairly easy to avoid enemies, if you are careful. Nothing much to say here.
ID: 75CD-0000-00AE-CCE8

Wonderfalls: Now this is a challenge for inexperienced players, but it's a basic challenge for intermediate players. The underground section is the most unforgiving part of this level truthfully~
ID: 2DB6-0000-00AE-CD2E

Darkfire Castle: This level contains some tedious and maybe fairly hard parts to it. Just make it to Bowser in on piece. He is large and in charge after all. If he doesn't get you, his fireballs will~
ID: 0426-0000-00AE-CD9B

Hoppin Hieghts: This is where I started cranking out the difficulty more. I will garentee a few deaths at the least on this level. The underground section being pretty convoluted and full of enemies. Not to mention some firebars to boot. I hope you are ready to crank your skill level up, because you are not getting out alive if you are not skilled.
ID: 58FE-0000-00AE-FDE1

Sorry if I'm coming off differently. I'm just super excited to have over 150 stars. I can now post more levels for other to enjoy. I'm not joking with the difficulty of Ghastly Paths though.
I just played, beaten, and commented on all of these. Great job. You weren't kidding about Ghastly Paths tricks though. I had a lot of fun on these.

@Zero Revolution Vine levels are kinda rare from my experience in 100 Mario Challenge and this one was done really well. It's not as hard as it appears to be. Great job!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I just played, beaten, and commented on all of these. Great job. You weren't kidding about Ghastly Paths tricks though. I had a lot of fun on these.
I'm happy to hear it. I did warn that Ghastly Paths was hard and when I am being serious about something, it should be heeded~ But yeah. Both my friends, that live with me, played it and they both had fair amount of trouble with Ghastly Paths. The funny thing one of them was a experienced Mario player too, so yeah.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm happy to hear it. I did warn that Ghastly Paths was hard and when I am being serious about something, it should be heeded~ But yeah. Both my friends, that live with me, played it and they both had fair amount of trouble with Ghastly Paths. The funny thing one of them was a experienced Mario player too, so yeah.
I died about 4-7 times on it. And it's tough, but fair. And warning received haha. Damage Inc. is one of your friends living with you I would assume? He seemed to enjoy your levels quite a bit. He's a pretty chill guy.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I died about 4-7 times on it. And it's tough, but fair. And warning received haha.
Yeah. The rough copy of Ghastly Paths was actually harder. It was mostly due to unfairly placed or large amount of boos and some platforming being rather hard to do. Some stuff just had to be cut out from the final version. The most notable change was the boo that use to be where that double mushroom platform is. I had a boo that blocked the lower mushoom platform which made it hard to get past. This was removed due to it being too tedious to get by, especially with a Red Koopa Troopa being there already.

Damage Inc. is one of your friends living with you I would assume? He seemed to enjoy your levels quite a bit. He's a pretty chill guy.

He does and he is actually the experienced Mario player I'm talking about. Also the same friend that I mention before about the game rage thing. He is pretty awesome most times, but when anger sets in... yeah. My other friend shares his account, so yeah.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yeah. The rough copy of Ghastly Paths was actually harder. It was mostly due to unfairly placed or large amount of boos and some platforming being rather hard to do. Some stuff just had to be cut out from the final version. The most notable change was the boo that use to be where that double mushroom platform is. I had a boo that blocked the lower mushoom platform which made it hard to get past. This was removed due to it being too tedious to get by, especially with a Red Koopa Troopa being there already.
That section is pretty tough to even get past now. But it's simple once you know how to short hop. And double checking when testing is a sign of a good creator.

He does and he is actually the experienced Mario player I'm talking about. Also the same friend that I mention before about the game rage thing. He is pretty awesome most times, but when anger sets in... yeah. My other friend shares his account, so yeah.
Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't hurt anyone with that anger. And knowing what you're doing when playing Mario is great! If he uploaded anything else, I'll probably go play them. He could use some more stars.

@shy I just played your new level. Pretty tricky! Also, thanks for trying my castle level.

Reactions: shy

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
That section is pretty tough to even get past now. But it's simple once you know how to short hop. And double checking when testing is a sign of a good creator.
That location is a nightmarish spot in general. I think the spacing of the jumps could of been more fair but that's me. However, the process for cleaning up Ghastly Paths was a long one. It's the one level I think I've made legit hard without doing an over excess of enemies. Right now, Bowser's Inferno is the level that has the least clears, I'm thinking Ghastly Paths will be in competition with that. I'm not certain if I'll make anything that hard again.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't hurt anyone with that anger. And knowing what you're doing when playing Mario is great! If he uploaded anything else, I'll probably go play them. He could use some more stars.

Well that depends. He has put up new levels since you last played them. I don't know if you saw his later 10 levels. They are challenging. More challenging than mine for sure. He is more the 'special stage' kinda Mario maker if anything.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
That location is a nightmarish spot in general. I think the spacing of the jumps could of been more fair but that's me. However, the process for cleaning up Ghastly Paths was a long one. It's the one level I think I've made legit hard without doing an over excess of enemies. Right now, Bowser's Inferno is the level that has the least clears, I'm thinking Ghastly Paths will be in competition with that. I'm not certain if I'll make anything that hard again.
Making levels really hard is really easy. Making hard but fair levels are a great deal harder to do. My three new levels will likely have next to no stars. I don't mind that at all. They're tough.

Well that depends. He has put up new levels since you last played them. I don't know if you saw his later 10 levels. They are challenging. More challenging than mine for sure. He is more the 'special stage' kinda Mario maker if anything.
I'm really patient with hard levels. But I do have my limits. Thanks for the warning, I may play them to see how hard they are.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Making levels really hard is really easy. Making hard but fair levels are a great deal harder to do. My three new levels will likely have next to no stars. I don't mind that at all. They're tough.
Don't be too hard on yourself for that~ Tough levels get love too, just not as much as easy ones granted. As long as you get a lot of stars from your other levels, you have nothing to worry about really. My first three levels are some of the most liked levels out of all I've created. Coursing, as I pointed out before, has been played more than any other level.

I'm really patient with hard levels. But I do have my limits. Thanks for the warning, I may play them to see how hard they are.

No problem. Though I think one of the whole worlds is just a enemy kill fest. A lot are hard otherwise. Patience is something not many have and having it does help for hard games and levels~

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Don't be too hard on yourself for that~ Tough levels get love too, just not as much as easy ones granted. As long as you get a lot of stars from your other levels, you have nothing to worry about really. My first three levels are some of the most liked levels out of all I've created. Coursing, as I pointed out before, has been played more than any other level.
Oh, I'm not worried about stars at this point, I have only 27 levels uploaded and it take me awhile to make new ones. And I still got 13 I can upload. Bowser's Infernal Manor and Dark Villa are some of my more popular courses and they're getting a lot of stars for just existing at this point. Heart of Gold and Bowser Jr.'s Triple Threat Fort is getting more stars than some of the others at this point too.

No problem. Though I think one of the whole worlds is just a enemy kill fest. A lot are hard otherwise. Patience is something not many have and having it does help for hard games and levels~
Ah, I see. I love playing Mario Maker levels so It's something to do later.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Here is my one level today. Just wasn't in the major imaginative mood to make more than one level today...

Cruel Cavern: this level is pretty much as the title says. Though I maybe overplaying the difficulty a bit. It is still a challenge at least. Watch out for those spinies! They are tricky little buggers~
ID: 187D-0000-00B2-8382

Howl7

Pro Squid
Here's another course.
AD6A-0000-00B1-0AB1
NIce level, it seems like a tutorial, i liked it. :)
Here is my one level today. Just wasn't in the major imaginative mood to make more than one level today...

Cruel Cavern: this level is pretty much as the title says. Though I maybe overplaying the difficulty a bit. It is still a challenge at least. Watch out for those spinies! They are tricky little buggers~
Pretty cruel, but not unfair, well done! :)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm training in Splatoon with my Group so I don't have as much time to play Mario Maker recently.

Hard level, but not too hard. I like it quite a bit. I also played your friend's 10 new levels. Half of them are pretty much done the moment they started. Oh well. I starred all of them and yours too.

Here's another course.
AD6A-0000-00B1-0AB1
I agree with Howl, it's more of a tutorial and it's not very challenging but it's very fun. I starred it for you.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'm training in Splatoon with my Group so I don't have as much time to play Mario Maker recently.
It's fine. I really need to get back into Splatoon myself, especially now that I own it. It's just a matter of finding time to.

Hard level, but not too hard. I like it quite a bit. I also played your friend's 10 new levels. Half of them are pretty much done the moment they started. Oh well. I starred all of them and yours too.
I'm glad you had fun with Cruel Cavern. It's one of those that took some time to properly edit and make sure that everything was at least passable.

Yeah, he had a moment where he just wanted to do Starman Endurance runs. It's his ideas though, so I cannot judge really.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
9409-0000-00AF-FAFE
Mario in the Sky With Spinies

I'm actually proud of this one, a lot of thought went into balancing out the difficulty and risk/reward factors. It actually has secrets in the level that matter towards progression; a first for me, I know.

E3A0-0000-007B-5A9D
Cave Diver Mario

This one probably could've been cool, but I took a long Mario Maker break in the middle of making it, and the whole level ended up rather unfocused because of it.

4D85-0000-00B4-1946
Flibbitterbibbitter

I just made this level out of boredom; you can tell how much I care about it by how I let my nephew name it.

BE0E-0000-00B4-1813
AREN'T AUTOMARIO LEVELS SO FUN!?

...I might be a little bit salty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom