Tag

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Sorry to those who I've already asked some of these questions… I'm going to start keeping a record of who I have asked what.
  1. How well are you able to swim?
  2. What is your favorite marine species?
  3. Have you ever been on any boats or ships?
  4. Have you ever been to an aquarium, and do you like going?
  5. Have you ever been snorkeling, scuba diving, or anything of the like?
1. If I touch water I vaporize. It makes no sense at all, but I've demonstrated this many, many times on Mahi and Depot. (Haven't swam in decades, but I practically lived underwater a long time ago. Stay Fresh?)

2. Oh, come on, like there's more than one valid answer? :P Look, he's purple-pink, he's even on #TeamCallie. Someone has his priorities set right:
upload_2016-8-26_11-33-55.jpeg

3. Sure, Small boats, canoes, rowboats, ferries, little motorboats, even a few tall sail ships (moored, not sailing), no large vessels though.
4. A long, long time ago. I enjoyed it back then, sure. I didn't see any paint rollers lying around though...
5. Nah, none of those.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
1. Name one of your favorite animes (or cartoons), and your favorite character in it.
2. Would you rather have 50,000 dollars guaranteed, or a 50-50 chance of winning 1 million dollars?
3. Do you have any short silly/quirky/amusing YouTube videos you would like to share? No need for it to be comedic genious. If not, that’s fine, but I’ll break the ice anyway:
1. I don't really watch any cartoons or amines, but I really like SpongeBob, and my favorite character is Patrick Star.
2. A 50-50 chance is pretty high and I'm sort of a gambler, so I'll take the second option.
3. Nothing comes to mind at the moment... sorry.
1. How well are you able to swim?
2.What is your favorite marine species?
3.Have you ever been on any boats or ships?
4.Have you ever been to an aquarium, and do you like going?
5.Have you ever been snorkeling, scuba diving, or anything of the like?
1. I'd say pretty well. I've been taking courses for a long time and am still going.
2. Hmm... Octopuses. They're incredibly smart.
And sharks because they are sharks.
3. Yeah, but never for too long. Max I've been at once is 1 night.
4. Yes, and I liked it. It's inky a bit of a shame that some of the aquariums are way too small for the animals...
5. Yes, I snorkeled once and liked it a lot. I saw a coral reef from up close, which was amazing.
1. Have you ever lost something and suddenly found it years later?
2. Do you prefer land or sea animals?
3. A mathematician wanted to teach his children the value of cooperation, so he told them the following:

"I chose a secret triangle for which the lengths of its sides are all integers.

To you my dear son Charlie, I am giving the triangle's perimeter. And to you, my beloved daughter Ariella, I am giving its area.

Since you are both such talented mathematicians, I'm sure that together you can find the lengths of the triangle's sides."

Instead of working together, Charlie and Ariella had the following conversation after their father gave each of them the information he promised.

Charlie: "Alas, I cannot deduce the lengths of the sides from my knowledge of the perimeter."

Ariella: "I do not know the perimeter, but I cannot deduce the lengths of the sides from just knowing the area. Maybe our father is right and we should cooperate after all."

Charlie: "Oh no, no need. Now I know the lengths of the sides."

Ariella: "Well, now I know them as well."

What are the lengths of the triangle's sides?
1. No, but I strongly suspect that some stuff I lost a long time ago is still somewhere in my house...
2. I like them both, but sea animals are just a little cooler.
3. Geometry is my absolute worst subject, so I'll nope out of this one.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
1. Have you ever lost something and suddenly found it years later?
2. Do you prefer land or sea animals?
3. A mathematician wanted to teach his children the value of cooperation, so he told them the following:
Oho, challenge accepted.
  1. Probably, but nothing comes to mind.
  2. Both categories are so broad... but land animals include most arthropods, so sea animals, sure. I presume birds don't qualify under either category?
  3. After some thought, I decide that it can't be a degenerate triangle - a line of reasoning arises from removing those. So I'm interested in triangles of perimeter 7 and 9 (I'll try higher numbers if these don't work). Area of 1-3-3 is... height is (sqrt35)/2, area is half of that. 2-2-3 has height... (sqrt7)/2 and area 3/2 times that. 2-3-4 is awkward so I hope I don't have to consider it. 3-3-3 has height 3(sqrt3)/2, area 3/2 times that. 1-4-4 has height 3(sqrt7)/2, area half of that. That's exciting! Same area as 2-2-3! So if A has been given that area, she can't distinguish between those two triangles. C knows the area to be something shared with another triangle, which could be that but also might be 2-3-4. But as he can determine the triangle immediately, as it could be 2-3-4 or 1-4-4 if p=9 but is definitely 2-2-3 if p=7, I believe that it must be 2-2-3. Could be something from a higher triangle, too, but A's final statement cements it - she now knows that p gave possibilities among which only one shared an area with another triangle, and her a must've had only one possible p which works with that. We can always check by giving them the values from 2-2-3. C, given that p=7, knows that it is either 1-3-3 or 2-2-3. A, given that a=3(sqrt7)/2, knows that it is either 2-2-3 or 1-4-4 (I know that no triangle of greater dimensions may have the same area, as it cannot have two 1 sides. If it has a single 1 side, it can only be isosceles due to the triangle inequality, and so it can only be 1-5-5 or larger. If it has no 1 sides, say it's got two 2 sides - then it can't be any larger. If it has one 2 side and one side of at least 3, the third side must be at least 2, aaand so it's clearly larger than 2-2-3. Well, I say that but it's not necessarily true. If two sides are larger, it's definitely the case, but just one side? Not certainly. But I don't think that this check is necessary, either way). Grand!
No tags. I earned it.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Oho, challenge accepted.

After some thought, I decide that it can't be a degenerate triangle - a line of reasoning arises from removing those. So I'm interested in triangles of perimeter 7 and 9 (I'll try higher numbers if these don't work). Area of 1-3-3 is... height is (sqrt35)/2, area is half of that. 2-2-3 has height... (sqrt7)/2 and area 3/2 times that. 2-3-4 is awkward so I hope I don't have to consider it. 3-3-3 has height 3(sqrt3)/2, area 3/2 times that. 1-4-4 has height 3(sqrt7)/2, area half of that. That's exciting! Same area as 2-2-3! So if A has been given that area, she can't distinguish between those two triangles. C knows the area to be something shared with another triangle, which could be that but also might be 2-3-4. But as he can determine the triangle immediately, as it could be 2-3-4 or 1-4-4 if p=9 but is definitely 2-2-3 if p=7, I believe that it must be 2-2-3. Could be something from a higher triangle, too, but A's final statement cements it - she now knows that p gave possibilities among which only one shared an area with another triangle, and her a must've had only one possible p which works with that. We can always check by giving them the values from 2-2-3. C, given that p=7, knows that it is either 1-3-3 or 2-2-3. A, given that a=3(sqrt7)/2, knows that it is either 2-2-3 or 1-4-4 (I know that no triangle of greater dimensions may have the same area, as it cannot have two 1 sides. If it has a single 1 side, it can only be isosceles due to the triangle inequality, and so it can only be 1-5-5 or larger. If it has no 1 sides, say it's got two 2 sides - then it can't be any larger. If it has one 2 side and one side of at least 3, the third side must be at least 2, aaand so it's clearly larger than 2-2-3. Well, I say that but it's not necessarily true. If two sides are larger, it's definitely the case, but just one side? Not certainly. But I don't think that this check is necessary, either way). Grand!
No tags. I earned it.
Close. If C knew the sides were 1-3-3 or 2-2-3 with a p of 7 or 2-3-4 or 1-4-4 with a p of 9 (and you can't use degenerate triangles, of course, that would be silly), and A knew the sides were 2-2-3 or 1-4-4, A wouldn't be able to know the side lengths even after C said he knew, since those have the same area and it wouldn't reduce her choices. Try a higher perimeter.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Try a higher perimeter.
Awh, I was hoping I wouldn't need to, but it was to be expected that my answer was rushed. So 10 gives 2-4-4 and 3-3-4; 11 gives 1-5-5, 2-4-5, 3-4-4; 12 gives 2-5-5 and 3-4-5. At least 3-4-5 gives an easy area of 6 and I can be pretty confident that that won't coincide with any other areas, so that's not the value given. 2-5-5 has height... 2sqrt6 and the same area. 3-3-4? Height sqrt5, area twice that. 2-4-4 has height sqrt15, same area. 1-5-5 has the height of 3(sqrt11)/2, area half that. 3-4-4 has height... ew, (sqrt55)/2. Area 3/2 that. Unpleasantly, no matching areas yet. 13 gives 1-6-6, 2-5-6, 3-5-5, 3-4-6, 4-4-5. I'm gonna continue to ignore scalene ones. 1-6-6 has height (sqrt143)/2, area half that. 3-5-5 has height (sqrt91)/2, area 3/2 that. 4-4-5 has height (sqrt39)/2. No luck. 14 has 2-6-6, 3-5-6, 4-5-5. 2-6-6 has height sqrt35 and the same area. 4-5-5 has height sqrt21, area twice that. 15? 1-7-7, 2-6-7, 3-6-6, 3-5-7, 4-4-7, 4-5-6, 5-5-5. 1-7-7 has... something to do with sqrt195. 3-6-6 has sqrt135 in it. 4-4-7 has sqrt15 in there. Oh! I think that 2-4-4 and 7-4-4 have the same area! All right! So if A is given sqrt15, C can have his options narrowed down to just 2-4-4. I expect that at least one of the other possibilities for perimeter 15 share an area with another integer triangle and I am not going to check. Am I... correct? 2-4-4, final answer (for now).

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
1. If you could only eat one of the following foods for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Beef, pork, chicken, lettuce, carrots, peas or lamb?
2. If you could learn any one language that you don't currently know and speak it fluently overnight, what language would you choose? (You can only pick one.)
3. Which is better? Exeggutor or Tall Exeggutor?
Okay, Okay, I'll stop neglecting this thread. I'm pretty sure I skipped a lot of tags..
I've just been to lazy to come up with any questions; let alone answer any.

Let's see.......

1: Hard one, but I'd go with Chicken.
2: Chinese I think. ( I say I think because Japanese is another one, but truth be told only to understand Japanese novels.)
3: Alolan Exegutor is pretty cool. Though, the poor thing has been meme'd to no end..

@Agadez @G1ng3rGar1 @Marigi174

1. Favorite wardrobe combination? During the Summer at least.
2. Favorite side of the body to sleep on in bed,
3. Your eyes meet with a Grizzly Bear, and you have nothing to defend yourself with. What would you do?

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
How'd you miss an equilateral triangle? Anyways, the area of one of the triangles with a p of 15 matches with one of the triangles with a p of 11. And 4-4-4 is a solution (there are 3) but you'll need to go further.
Of course. No, yeah, I guess I automatically started filtering out equilaterals because 2-2-2 was no good... although I did 3-3-3. Oops. 4-4-4 has height 2sqrt3, area twice that. And I... goodness, just tell me, is there an easier way to do this? Other than working out the area of every possible triangle, that is. There are way too many possibilities to go through and I don't want to wrangle with scalenes.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Okay, Okay, I'll stop neglecting this thread. I'm pretty sure I skipped a lot of tags..
I've just been to lazy to come up with any questions; let alone answer any.

Let's see.......

1: Hard one, but I'd go with Chicken.
2: Chinese I think. ( I say I think because Japanese is another one, but truth be told only to understand Japanese novels.)
3: Alolan Exegutor is pretty cool. Though, the poor thing has been meme'd to no end..

@Agadez @G1ng3rGar1 @Marigi174

1. Favorite wardrobe combination? During the Summer at least.
2. Favorite side to sleep on in bed,
3. Your eyes meet with a Grizzly Bear, and you have nothing to defend yourself with. What would you do?
1. Shirt
Shorts
Flip flops
*bows* thank you, thank you
2. What do you mean? Of the bed?
Uh
I sleep on the edges XD and I guess left side if you mean side of the body
3. Uh
Dang it
I think I would run away and climb a tree?

I'll wait for someone to answer my questions (or until I get tagged again, either or)

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Alright, this is my first time doing something like this so bear with me here. Also I haven't slept yet.

@Ikaheishi @Babycowland @Ansible @pixelizedchell @Magolor @Posso @LupusFreak @Hero of Lime

Ok, so I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember, and one of the things I was a big fan of, were the games. In one game in particular
"Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic" there is a little questioner as to what kind of Jedi Class you will be in the game. So I wanted to bring
this to you guys and see what most of you will be, as I'm very interested to know. I'll be sure to give a detailed explanation as to what Jedi you are
in the sections used for spoilers and what roles they mean and, if you'd like, mention their larger counter parts, if you wish. So without further ado, let's get underway.

Question Number 1

"A woman and her small child are beset by a desperate-looking group of thugs. They are menacing her with weapons and she screams to you for help. What do you do?"
A. Help them flee B. Attack the thugs C. Stop the thugs and find out why they are attacking her

Question Number 2

"You are in combat with a Dark Jedi allied with the Sith. There is a pause in the combat. What do you do?"
A. Attack him again B. Find out why he turned to the dark side and try to turn him C. Try to see a weakness in his technique

Question Number 3

"There is a locked door and your goal lies on the other side. What do you do?"
A. Smash the door down B. Try to pick the lock C. Knock

Question Number 4

"You are the head of an Enclave on a contested world. The Dark Jedi have infiltrated and are causing unrest across the planet. What do you do?"
A. Hunt them down B. Try to lure them into a trap C. Coordinate with the planetary government to identify the infiltrators

====================================================================================================================

Alright, so what happens next is I want you to see your answers and pick the one that shows the most of the letters chosen by you.
If you are at an impasse, pick which ever one out of the two closest to your answers you want.

You are now a Jedi Guardian.
This Jedi battles against the forces of evil and the dark side. They focus more on combat training and use of the lightsaber. Their lightsaber color is Blue.

You are now a Jedi Consular.
This Jedi seeks to bring balance to the universe. They mediate between other groups, using their powers to end conflict and preserve peace. Their lightsaber color is Green.

You are now a Jedi Sentinel.
This Jedi ferrets out deceit and injustice, bringing it to light. They focus less on combat and more on other skills and abilities. Their lightsaber color is Yellow.

If you have any further question, by all means ask. I hope you enjoyed it.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Dantooine

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. C

I guess the closest I would be is a Jedi Consular.

pixelizedchell

Inkling
@KungFu (I'm not going to quote it because it's quite long and I don't want to spam the thread too much)
1. A. Help Them Flee
2. B. Find out why he turned to the dark side and try to turn him
3. B. Try to pick the lock (and probably fail)
4. B. Try to lure them into a trap

Hmmm...That means I'm a Jedi Sentinel I guess. I don't really know much about Star Wars. When it comes to science fiction I'm only really into Doctor Who (And that kind of ended with the recent seasons.)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Of course. No, yeah, I guess I automatically started filtering out equilaterals because 2-2-2 was no good... although I did 3-3-3. Oops. 4-4-4 has height 2sqrt3, area twice that. And I... goodness, just tell me, is there an easier way to do this? Other than working out the area of every possible triangle, that is. There are way too many possibilities to go through and I don't want to wrangle with scalenes.
I don't believe there is. Use s=a+b+c/2 then A= Square root of (s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c)) for the area, there are 7 triangles with all integer sides and a perimeter of 15.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I don't believe there is. Use s=a+b+c/2 then A= Square root of (s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c)) for the area, there are 7 triangles with all integer sides and a perimeter of 15.
In that case, you win. This... kind of isn't fun. At least not when I'm trying to do it without working on paper.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I don't really get Ika's point about counting starting at 0...
I generally recommend reading this article. And there's also this one that is specifically about it.

@KungFu @Anaru @G1ng3rGar1 @Marigi174 @Ikaheishi (joining the trend of tagging more than one's meant to)
  1. Do you tend to wake up very achy after a night's sleep?
  2. Slow-paced music or fast? Or perhaps something inbetween.
  3. Splatoon question: have you collected all gear and weapons?
  1. No.
  2. I like nearly all music.
  3. No. But I think I've acquired all the gear I have any interest in.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I've told you the triangles with the same area have perimeters of 11 and 15. 11 has 1-5-5(2.4875), 2-4-5(3.7997), 3-3-5(4.1458), 3-4-4(5.5621), 15 has 1-7-7(3.4911), 2-6-7(5.5621), 3-5-7(6.4952), 3-6-6(8.7142), 4-4-7(6.7777), 4-5-6(9.9216), 5-5-5(10.8253). C doesn't know from 4 choices, and A doesn't know from her 2 choices of 3-4-4 and 2-6-7 from an A of 5.5621. But since C knows A has multiple choices from an area, C knows it's 3-4-4, and A knows this too because it couldn't be 2-6-7, because if the p is 15, C couldn't know the lengths, as the area of the lengths 3-5-7 match up with the area of the lengths 1-13-13. C would still have the choices of 2-6-7 and 3-5-7 if the p was 15, and therefore wouldn't be able to know. And no, 1-13-13 isn't an answer, I'd have to check further to explain why, but that would take much more time than I'd like to spend on this problem. The others are 4-4-4 and 4-4-6.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
@G1ng3rGar1

1. Not really, but they can be a little entertaining sometimes.
2. I've taken this 3 times with different results, but I did it again just for this.
(I am ENFP-T, this is who I am when I'm at my "best".)
3. Frozen Waffles.

@Cuttleshock

1. No.
2. A little bit of everything really.
3. Far from it, so no.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Hopefully this is everyone!

1. Water, otherwise maybe mango juice.
  2. Safe answer: Increase my ability to make a difference.
  3. Curses! ... pizza, not as expensive.

1. Yes.
  2. No, but I'm trying to—unless you want to count the left side climb in Moray Towers Rainmaker a glitch, then yes, very frequently. >.>;
  3. Over ear cans with the open back. There's just something about it I like getting from it.

1. Not very well! u.u;
  2. Maybe seahorses?
  3. Yes, boats.
  4. Yes and yes.
  5. Not yet.

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
  4. Not yet.
  5. Squidboards, [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], and [redacted]! =P
  6. Maybe once upon a time when I somehow liked them
  7. Can I say 10+ to feel better about myself, pretty please?
  8. The smell of soil after a fresh, warm rain. Especially when you're gardening.
  9. There are square glasses?! Where?
  10. Not sure how that works if one measures time and the other distance. Is it a leap year or a non-leap year? Are we going by the Gregorian calendar? Uh~ 365 if there's no leap year?

Okay... @LupusFreak, @Slushious, and~ @Mr. 9, your turn!
  1. Who's at least one person (real, historical, literary, etc.) you merge/fuse with? What would you two become?
  2. Do you prefer to lead, be led, or meander?
  3. Are you a noob or a boon?

1. Well I’m gonna have to go with Goku, cuz, I mean, who doesn’t want to be able to teleport, fly, and change into a super Sayajin? Sorry Goku, I probably don’t have quite as much to offer…
2. I don’t care to lead or to be lead. I’m kinda independent, and prone to meandering.
3. If I don’t know what a boon is, does that make me a noob? (probably…)

OK then, let’s have some fun! Again, anyone who wants to play is welcome, but...: @SyMag @pixelizedchell @Dessgeega @Anaru @Cuttleshock @Ikaheishi @G1ng3rGar1 @Ansible @SurrealSquid @LupusFreak

1. I’m feeling rather goofy, so would you accept 1 billion dollars if you also had to accept a 10 inch belly button that dances to music? (if you try to use your wealth to cut if off, it will always grow to twice its former size!)
2. The following pic is meant to be viewed from left to right, up to down, just like normal reading. Your task is to go fast and state the color of each word, not what each word reads as. How did you do? (I lost even after a couple of tries)

upload_2016-8-26_20-7-44.png

3. Have you ever seen a ghost? (I have, and I don’t even believe in ghosts -> I don’t even believe myself, ha ha.)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
1. I’m feeling rather goofy, so would you accept 1 billion dollars if you also had to accept a 10 inch belly button that dances to music? (if you try to use your wealth to cut if off, it will always grow to twice its former size!)
2. The following pic is meant to be viewed from left to right, up to down, just like normal reading. Your task is to go fast and state the color of each word, not what each word reads as. How did you do? (I lost even after a couple of tries)
3. Have you ever seen a ghost? (I have, and I don’t even believe in ghosts -> I don’t even believe myself, ha ha.)
  1. I wanna say 'no'... I really want to. Wait, where does the money come from? It depends partly on that. I guess I could accept it and retreat into a life of solitude... and never listen to music... wow, this is uncomfortable to think about.
  2. Ah, the Stroop test! Trying this one, I managed it fairly snappily until the very last word, where I tripped over myself ('or-GREEN').
  3. It is two ante meridian. I don't wanna think about these things! But, eh, no, I haven't seen one, at least that I've recognised for what it was (like, maybe some random person I saw on the street one night was a ghost? No way to tell).
@Achamo @SyMag @Cuttlefish @DualQuelcher @Award
  1. Do you know any Latin? How about ancient Greek? More broadly, do you know any fictional or extinct languages, even in small part (e.g. just the alphabet or a couple of words)?
  2. Do you ever paint? Have you ever painted? Do you like the idea of it (so, say, I don't - too much set-up and unpleasantly messy)?
  3. What's your favourite cosy late-night activity (something private, like reading a chunky book)? Or just one or more that you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom