• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tag

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
  • Have you ever played freemium/free-to-play/whatever-you-call-them games (Candy Crush, say, most other mobile games, Pokémon Shuffle...)? How much? Did you ever actually make an in-game transaction?
  • Have you got a tattoo? Or have you ever had one of those soak-on temporary ones?
  • When did it last rain where you are?
1: Yes, and I have a deep-seated dislike now for games that inevitably require you to fork over earth money in order to progress.
Bless Ninty for addressing issues like this in Miitomo.
2: I do! Commissioned it off of a friend in 2012, got inked at a convention XD
3: uh........last Wednesday, I think?

FREE FOR ALL:
1: WHAT...is your name?
2: WHAT...is your quest??
3: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR???

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
  1. Nope.
  2. Yeah, when I do it well.
  3. I play the ocarina, and I've dome some pixel art.
  1. More Splatfests! Or a re-balance of the rollers: make them more like launch, but lower the flick damage algorithmically.
  2. I don't drink Mountain Dew.
  3. Matt Smith. (David Tennant is a close second!)

You did? :oops: *scours thread* Why did my program put your name up… It's supposed to prevent me from asking you twice. Sorry. :oops:

@Mendax @Meta Knightmare @⭐️Latias @JoelTheFreshest @Goolloom @G1ng3rGar1
I'm still working on these questions. Once again, anyone else is also welcome to answer them!
  1. How well are you able to swim?
  2. What is your favorite marine species?
  3. Have you ever been on any boats or ships?
  4. Have you ever been to an aquarium, and do you like going?
  5. Have you ever been snorkeling, scuba diving, or anything of the like?
I already answered these XD

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
What?! AGAIN? I'm sorry! :oops:

Okay apparently the problem is that both you and @SurrealSquid somehow are duplicated in the database. This really doesn't bode well for me passing the Database class I'm in. :oops:

Again, I'm really sorry to have bothered both of you like this. Aaaaah… I'm so embarrassed… :oops:
Ahh it's okay :)

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I hate you
(Not really but geez Louise)
1. I should've have taken it back XD
Let's see
Oh that wasn't that bad
I think I'm 23
2. Um
Maybe 20 minutes from VSauce?
3. I dunno
Today it was 13

@KungFu @kunoichi squid @DualQuelcher

1. Do you like game shows?
2. Do you know your personality type?
(16personalities.com)
(I'm ISFP-T)
3. Do you like frozen waffles or frozen pancakes?
I think I did this right...I was trying to trim the post, but I hope I didn't accidentally delete too much. o_O

Anyway, I'll answer the last 3. :cool:
1. Really don't like game shows too much; prefer sports (mostly basketball and American football)
2. Yes, I am an INFP :rolleyes:
3. Frozen waffles (darn it now I'm hungry :( )

@Mr L Link @Cuttleshock @G1ng3rGar1

1. Sunny Side Up or Sunny Side Down?
2. Do you like ketchup with your eggs?
3. T-shirts or Sweatshirts?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I think I did this right...I was trying to trim the post, but I hope I didn't accidentally delete too much. o_O

Anyway, I'll answer the last 3. :cool:
1. Really don't like game shows too much; prefer sports (mostly basketball and American football)
2. Yes, I am an INFP :rolleyes:
3. Frozen waffles (darn it now I'm hungry :( )

@Mr L Link @Cuttleshock @G1ng3rGar1

1. Uh…Sunny Side Up?
2. No
I will eat hot sauce with it tho if there's like peppers and stuff with it
3. Depends on the weather, of course
But I like being warm so sweatshirt
But not in this weather nosiree pls save me

Next 3 people that post (or anyone who wants to answer it's whatever)

1. Was the weather hot over there?
2. Do you watch cooking shows?
3. Favorite breakfast?

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
  1. I'm allergic to eggs and hate their smell so probably wouldn't eat them even if I could.
  2. I'm allergic to eggs and hate their smell so probably wouldn't eat them even if I could.
  3. I'm allergic to- oh, right. T-shirts! Freedom for my forearms!
Free questions.
  1. Any allergies?
  2. Do you have any quirky websites on your bookmarks or otherwise that you'd like to share? I'll start with Eyezmaze!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Free for all.
1. Obsessed with Overwatch? {I want it after seeing the videos but my laptop is a potato ;w;}
2. Do you like drawing? I think I asked this before o-o
3. Hidden talents?
1: God no. Aside from a few quality jokes or memes, it's flooded my dashboard enough that I had it blacklisted before it even came out.
2: I do! Pencil and paper more than digital, but I do both.
3: Prehensile toes. Comes in really handy when you have short little t-rex arms like mine, the cat refuses to get off you, and the remote's far away on the coffee table (or your hands are full and the door really needs opening) =p

@JaredK22, @Typhlosquid, @JoelTheFreshest:

1: Melee or long-range combat?
2: Stealth or Leeroy Jenkins?
3: If you had $10,000 right now, what would you do with it?

JaredK22

Inkling

1. I would say Melee, but I'd rather be on an equal playing field, so I'd go long-range.
2. Stealth.
3. I'd probably just save it for when it'd be REALLY necessary.

Once again, anyone gets these questions

1. Favorite video game series?
2. Does said video game have a confusing timeline?
3. Strategy, or all-out?

JoelTheFreshest

Inkster Jr.
That one place everyone, yet nobody knows
1: God no. Aside from a few quality jokes or memes, it's flooded my dashboard enough that I had it blacklisted before it even came out.
2: I do! Pencil and paper more than digital, but I do both.
3: Prehensile toes. Comes in really handy when you have short little t-rex arms like mine, the cat refuses to get off you, and the remote's far away on the coffee table (or your hands are full and the door really needs opening) =p

Long range.
Stealth, because i'm a fairly quiet person.
Buy premium so i can change my username, first.
Then i'd probably do some charity and save the rest for a PS4

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24

3. Strategy, or all-out?
Legend of Zelda
Yes, the games don't link together very well except for a few games (SS is obviously first, some games act like sequels (OoT>MM, LoZ>AoL, WW>PH>ST, MC>FS although FS Adventures doesn't happen until way after that), OoA/S have a continuing story), it splits into 3 alternate timelines halfway through.
Strategy

Free questions.
  1. Any allergies?
  2. Do you have any quirky websites on your bookmarks or otherwise that you'd like to share? I'll start with Eyezmaze!
DEET and Flagyl. I'm also very allergic to death. But I heard that dying also prevents you from getting any diseases in the future, so that's sort of neat.
Not really. I have a Rock, Paper, Scissors website and I bookmarked the link for random Wikipedia pages, which I also set to my homepage, so I view a random page of Wikipedia whenever I open a new window. The Eyemaze game was neat, it sort of reminded me of a game I play on paper sometimes. I draw an area and draw a stick man holding a bouncy ball somewhere in it, then draw dotted lines representing the ball's movement until it gets back to the guy.
Ball Game.png

The light blue is a fan, the pink are trampolines, the dark blue/orange are portals. I start from the hand holding the ball.
Is that... Slowbro?

@Achamo @Cuttleshock @Slushious @Ikaheishi @woomycheri
1. Have you made up any games on paper before?
2. Try the veteran mode on the rock paper scissors website I linked, play 50 rounds. What was the end score?
3. What's the hottest area you've ever been in?
4. Do you have a Driving Licence?
5. What are your 5 favorite characteristics about yourself?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I bookmarked the link for random Wikipedia pages, which I also set to my homepage, so I view a random page of Wikipedia whenever I open a new window.
Heyyy, I do that! Almost. On Tues, Thurs and Sat in my daily bookmark folders, I have the link for a random Wikiquote page. A homepage would be a bit too much.
The Eyemaze game was neat
Which game was that? It's... got much more than one game, so.
I draw an area and draw a stick man holding a bouncy ball somewhere in it, then draw dotted lines representing the ball's movement until it gets back to the guy.
That's just really satisfying. I sometimes do stuff like that with my eyes if I'm very bored.
Is that... Slowbro?
How did you know?? I mean, as opposed to Slowpoke. Did you check the URL? No, it's not even in there, unless you know its National Dex number. Or is there some fundamental difference between the two to which I've never paid attention?
2. Try the veteran mode on the rock paper scissors website I linked, play 50 rounds. What was the end score?
  1. I don't think sooo. Oh, there was the one time I made a 4×4 crossword in which the horizontal and vertical clues were identical, but that must've been when I was five or so.
  2. Just in Novice mode, I started losing hope when I was down 7-13. Now for Veteran. First I'll play properly with running commentary:
    - who on Earth taught it that people play Rock thrice in a row? I mean, I do that, yeah...
    - getting a nice streak of ties now
    - [audible gasp] I won a game
    - I think that I'm learning faster than the computer, because I just ran a streak to even the score
    - I pulled out ahead! For now
    - hee, neat, 8-8-8
    - this is kind of a great backing track
    - I'm going on tilt now
    - now the computer is dead-set on throwing Rock. It's working, though...
    - after 50 rounds, the score is set at 14-17-19. I'm not displeased with that performance, really.
    Aaand now random.org vs. the RPS CPU!
    - RNG hates me. Just like I made the mistake of starting my real run with three or four Rocks, random.org gave me four consecutive 1s, affording the CPU a comfy lead
    - but never mind, random.org is on a roll! Back to 10-6-10 aaand even pulled ahead for the first time!
    - mother of pearl, I just had an 8-win streak! I mean, random.org had one. That's 1/6561...
    - wow. Computers are clearly weak to atmospheric noise! Result:
  3. Probably Florida (western coast, roughly).
  4. Nice UK English. Thank you for prompting me finally to look that up! The word and its S variant have been bugging me forever. As it turns out, they're just the same as prophe(c/s)y, practi(c/s)e and a couple of others, but only in British English (and probably everything else other than American) - the US convention is to use S always and C never.
  5. I laugh easily; I'm enough of an actual genius to get away with being a know-it-all; I take life really casually even if I'm not really relaxed about it (like, it's not great that I'm so scared of things, but I can at least wear a T-shirt to it all); I value life (that of myself, other humans and other organisms) above pretty much everything else; and... perhaps something something ability to instigate a devotion in myself to anything of choice.
It is half past two (AM), my half-hour Kirby Super Star track just finished playing and I haven't the time to ask questions.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Which game was that? It's... got much more than one game, so.
Oh. Yeah, sorry. The one at the bottom of the first page. I tried a few others, that one was my favorite, though. It took me about 7 minutes to solve.
How did you know?? I mean, as opposed to Slowpoke. Did you check the URL? No, it's not even in there, unless you know its National Dex number. Or is there some fundamental difference between the two to which I've never paid attention?
Mostly just got lucky with a guess. Although, Slowbro is more commonly seen standing upright while Slowpoke lays on his stomach.
And I just checked the url, it says 80, and it's absolutely not necessary to memorize every Pokémons number, I could have just googled it.
Nice UK English. Thank you for prompting me finally to look that up! The word and its S variant have been bugging me forever. As it turns out, they're just the same as prophe(c/s)y, practi(c/s)e and a couple of others, but only in British English (and probably everything else other than American) - the US convention is to use S always and C never.
Do Americans really use S with all those words? I've always spelled those with C. And you didn't answer my actual question...

woomycheri

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cheridesu
Legend of Zelda
Yes, the games don't link together very well except for a few games (SS is obviously first, some games act like sequels (OoT>MM, LoZ>AoL, WW>PH>ST, MC>FS although FS Adventures doesn't happen until way after that), OoA/S have a continuing story), it splits into 3 alternate timelines halfway through.
Strategy

DEET and Flagyl. I'm also very allergic to death. But I heard that dying also prevents you from getting any diseases in the future, so that's sort of neat.
Not really. I have a Rock, Paper, Scissors website and I bookmarked the link for random Wikipedia pages, which I also set to my homepage, so I view a random page of Wikipedia whenever I open a new window. The Eyemaze game was neat, it sort of reminded me of a game I play on paper sometimes. I draw an area and draw a stick man holding a bouncy ball somewhere in it, then draw dotted lines representing the ball's movement until it gets back to the guy.
View attachment 4214
The light blue is a fan, the pink are trampolines, the dark blue/orange are portals. I start from the hand holding the ball.
Is that... Slowbro?

1. Nope.
2. 15 wins, 16 ties and 19 wins for the comp. I'm a loser xD
3. Hottest area? If you mean place then India.
4. Nope.
5. Uhhh..that's tough. I dunno if my nose ring counts but that, my hair even though it's shorter now, my big eyes, uh my long legs and uh I got nothing else sorry.

I got no questions this time.

1. I would say Melee, but I'd rather be on an equal playing field, so I'd go long-range.
2. Stealth.
3. I'd probably just save it for when it'd be REALLY necessary.

3. Strategy, or all-out?
1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Not really
3. Strategy

@Anaru @Ikaheishi @Cuttleshock

1. Favorite pet that you've had or currently have?
2. Which do you prefer; the Mater Sword, or Excalibur?
3. If you could combine any Splatoon main weapon, sub weapon and special, what would it be?

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Oh. Yeah, sorry. The one at the bottom of the first page. I tried a few others, that one was my favorite, though. It took me about 7 minutes to solve.
I'm not entirely sure why that made me think of the game I play on paper, though. The only similarity is that you could play them both with your eyes (I do trace my eyes through the dotted lines a few times after drawing it)

3. If you could combine any Splatoon main weapon, sub weapon and special, what would it be?
My cat, he died a few years ago... I really loved him when I was young.
The Master Sword!
The Octobrush is already perfect with its default set. Maybe it'd be nice to switch out one of its other weapons with one from the Nouveau on some maps.

I still have 3 people who haven't answered my last questions, so I'll wait 'till my next post.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
  1. No.
  2. I got owned.
    pwned.png

3. The Mojave Desert.
  4. Yes.
  5. Nice, caring, cheerful and upbeat, playful, & adventurous.

1. You're asking me to pick a favorite?
  2. Anyone who says that they can't stand Navi or Fi clearly has not met Excalibur.
  3. There's two: Splattershot with Sprinkler and Bubbler, and Splattershot with Disruptor and Bubbler.
    (Sorry @SyMag!)
I'm not going to ask questions this time.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
And you didn't answer my actual question...
Slightly deliberately so. No, I have no licence and do not intend on getting one. Other than the environmental and financial concerns, I just hate the idea of travelling on the road, which is also why I don't ride a bicycle.
The one at the bottom of the first page. I tried a few others, that one was my favorite, though.
Did you try any Grow games? If anything, they're what the site's known for. I'd personally suggest Grow Cube, RPG and Valley, although it could be nice to start with a smaller one (six tiles or fewer).
Although, Slowbro is more commonly seen standing upright while Slowpoke lays on his stomach.
If you were to ask me, I'd have said that the Pokémon in that image is lying down, but if that worked for you, sure.
  1. No favourites! We love all of our pets equally (... apart from the fish).
  2. Excalibur features in Golden Sun 2 as an optional weapon, but I guess I've played many more games with the Master Sword. But Excalibur is from Great Britain, probably! That's a nice connection. But... I dunno.
  3. Ooh! Ooh! Sloshing Machine with either Burst Bombs or Sprinkler (former would be really strong, latter would be more inventive, even if it's copying the Custom Hydra) and Bubbler! It really wants invincibility...
Okay, I'm less lazy now, so I'll tag @Slushious @Xehias @SyMag @Marigi174 @Hero of Lime @SurrealSquid @⭐️Zapfish⭐️ @Brie_no.20 @DualQuelcher @⭐️Latias
  1. If your hair in real life were permanently changed to an Inkling colour of your choice, which would it be?
  2. Would you be interested in dyeing your hair an exciting colour?
  3. Quick, think of an animal that isn't a tiger!
  4. String instrument of choice (strummed, bowed or otherwise)?
  5. How many cheeses can you name?
  6. Do you get dizzy easily?
  7. What do you think of 3D (in movies, the 3DS and other things)?

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
3. There's two: Splattershot with Sprinkler and Bubbler, and Splattershot with Disruptor and Bubbler.
(Sorry @SyMag!)
I guess I'll forgive you...

Okay, I'm less lazy now, so I'll tag @Slushious @Xehias @SyMag @Marigi174 @Hero of Lime @SurrealSquid @⭐️Zapfish⭐️ @Brie_no.20 @DualQuelcher @⭐️Latias
  1. If your hair in real life were permanently changed to an Inkling colour of your choice, which would it be?
  2. Would you be interested in dyeing your hair an exciting colour?
  3. Quick, think of an animal that isn't a tiger!
  4. String instrument of choice (strummed, bowed or otherwise)?
  5. How many cheeses can you name?
  6. Do you get dizzy easily?
  7. What do you think of 3D (in movies, the 3DS and other things)?
1. Dark blue
2. Not at all
3. A lion
4. ...Pianos technically have strings...? (alright alright, I guess an electric guitar)
5. Probably somewhere in the range of 20-30
6. I can, but not usually
7. THAT can make my head hurt/dizzy in large doses

Umm... free questions!
1. Favorite music album? (or if you don't have one, favorite song?)
2. Is there somewhere in your home country that you've always wanted to see but haven't been able to?
3. What about somewhere abroad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom