• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Team Water Slides: The Summer Saviors

What team are you on?

• Water Slides?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Water Slides!

Votes: 32 94.1%

• Total voters

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Interesting map choices with them all being water location themed. A port, depot, and rig.

So I'm trying my very best to get to the 99 streak mark, or at least as close as I can.

Even with the ability to kinda form a team, it is still hard to consistently get wins. All three maps allow for the opponent to kinda sneakily get parts of the map you weren't expecting.

Anyway, hopefully I can get to 99. It would mean I would have a net gain of over a 100 wins. (Since losing subtracts more than just 1 sometimes). At the very least maybe 50, but I really want to prove a point about how winning still does matter. I'm suspecting that Roller coaster is more popular, so my measly 10ish win streak from last splatfest isn't going to cut it, and I suggest everyone here work hard to get as many wins as possible.

I'm going to spend all of today on it with a couple breaks.
Good luck, man! Unfortunately, my internet is out (I'm working anyways) until 4pm EST, so I won't be able to play until then.

Whoop some trollercoasters for me~

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
I just got in a 3v4 match...not in our (waterslides) favour. I honestly think more people chose rollercoasters.
those sorts of matches happened in cat's favor last splatfest, and cats were less popular.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
those sorts of matches happened in cat's favor last splatfest, and cats were less popular.
You have that backwards.

Dogs were so popular that they were fighting their own team, and there were a lot of 3v4s in their favor, as well.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I have not seen any 3v4's yet, but I already have an 8-0 streak (My lucky squid hat must work). Seems like we still are putting up a fight.

I am disappointed we don't use our team colors. Edit: Guess who has a jerk brother who set it color lock?

Last edited:

Dream21

Full Squid
I had one disconnect at around 1 A.M. Which stunk since we were an awesome team the four of us! But my two other teammates and I were able to pull through a 3vs4, on Saltspray Rig no less! Sadly I had to leave eventually, because sleep is this weird thing our bodies need.

Since I've woken up a half hour ago I've been beat a few times, but am trying hard to win this! I've always been at the top of my team each loss at least.

Edit: I'm worried the power will go out soon :c There's a huge storm coming towards me.

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Haven't run into any games where water slides had less than a full team. Haven't lost once either. Poor coasters.
You're pretty lucky, I've lost about 5-6 times already (without counting the disconnections). I'm not sure if it's because of the map selection (1 map I hate, 1 map I don't like and 1 map I should hate but don't) or the teams I'm being put in, but I find this Splatfest a lot more frustrating than the previous one :(

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Oh, I have not done nearly as good sience, but I still maintained a good win/loss ratio. I had a good team at the start. As with the maps, I like them all, but Port Mackerel is annoying for Octobrush, Inkbrush, and Dynamo Rollers.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral

My final win streak. Got my minimum hope.

This was incredibly frustrating, and hopefully it ends up worth it.

I'm a little sad, because the talk of Waterslides vs Waterslides makes me think that Water slides was indeed the most popular. I wanted to prove that wins were still important, but I can't do that if we still win by popularity. >.>

Anyway, glad I could get more than 5x my win streak of the last splatfest and hopefully you guys also put in quite the work. Even if I was frustrated at times, I still had fun.

Go Water Slides!

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I had multiple Water Slides vs. Water Slides and 4 on 3 matches, making me think we could be the more popular team. That's fine, but I hope we end up winning mostly due to our wins and not solely popularity like last time.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Welp, all that work went to waste. : /

Ultimately, can't be upset. Since people should now realize wins are still important, they aren't going to pick a side and just do nothing.

Hopefully people will once again pick their favorite side and try their hardest. Love to see passion.

Still surprised our side was more popular.

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
Welp, all that work went to waste. : /

Ultimately, can't be upset. Since people should now realize wins are still important, they aren't going to pick a side and just do nothing.

Hopefully people will once again pick their favorite side and try their hardest. Love to see passion.

Still surprised our side was more popular.
it's the summer, of course people are going to lean more towards what is mainly a summer activity.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Waterslides lost??? At least the Cat Dog one made sense but this???? This is bullshit.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I tried really hard to win as many matches as I could, pretty disappointed. :/ Congrats to winning more matches though Roller Coasters.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I guess I should have seen that coming considering how badly some of my teams performed... But hey, Sea Snails are Sea Snails :ability_damage:

Yuubi

Full Squid
Guess this proves that "popularity" is all that matters debate to rest... Then again 47% to 58% is not really that huge compared to 38% vs 58 or 68% with dogs vs cats? (I do not remember so correct me if I am wrong, it's late here...). I was rooting for team rollercoaster anyway, but I did not like the logo nor the colors of it so decided to go with team waterslides.

I knew for a fact that waterslides will lose the skill rate, so many losses on the teams I ventured on was pathetic and most of them were using the recently new weapons like the zapa weapon that have aero spray. You would have think they would have gotten a chance to use aero spray throughout the match, but they did not even use it not once. Just an epic -facepalm- other then that I had a total blast! I loved blowing up jumpers with ink mines and watching krakens fall to their deaths when they chased me up those grates trying to splat me in blue fin depot. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom