• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I know I brag a lot about getting niche kills with the Krak-On Roller, but it just feels so satisfying steamrolling another squiddo.
Especially when you don't even know there's someone there in the ink you're covering up.
Especially when that poor sap has a buddy lying in wait with him.

And on that note, I've found that it's getting harder to roll over people in general, as people wise up to the fact that a rolling squid is an easy target. Add to this the weapon's now-required perfect accuracy to get a splat, and you have a weapon that's reeeally not suited for combat.

With that in mind, you can imagine how surprised (and ecstatic) I was when I survived an ambush AND splatted 3 enemy squids in the process.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
Just finished a game where I went 12-0 and top of my team with the Rapid Blaster Pro on Piranha Pit, following a game where I went 7-0 with it on the same map (I was bottom of my team that time, but still). The 12-0 was against what admittedly seemed to be a fairly scrubby team, BUT IT STILL FELT GOOD.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Just finished a game where I went 12-0 and top of my team with the Rapid Blaster Pro on Piranha Pit, following a game where I went 7-0 with it on the same map (I was bottom of my team that time, but still). The 12-0 was against what admittedly seemed to be a fairly scrubby team, BUT IT STILL FELT GOOD.
Going 5/3 would be worth bragging about with THAT dreadful weapon! :D RBPD is another story, that things a hunter, but vanilla RBP...yuck!

Congratulations for managing to get off the spawn with your weapon choice! ;)

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
During the Splatfest, I got put with what is quite possibly the best team I've been on in the entire time I've played this game. We had the perfect mix of ranged and close attack power (I rocked the vanilla .96, and there was a Dual Squelch, Sploosh, and Brush) and everyone knew what they were doing. Didn't matter if there were E-Liters, Rollers, Brushes, Gals...we rolled over anything that got in our way for over twenty matches. I averaged about 11/2, but some of my teammates got up to 16 a couple of times.

I can't really brag too much about myself, as the whole team kicked ***. I was happy with how I played though. It's truly an amazing feeling when you manage to get in the zone with three total strangers where the thought of losing doesn't enter your head for a second. You feel invincible because you are invincible.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
Going 5/3 would be worth bragging about with THAT dreadful weapon! :D RBPD is another story, that things a hunter, but vanilla RBP...yuck!

Congratulations for managing to get off the spawn with your weapon choice! ;)
The default Pro is better than the Deco, imo. The Inkzooka is just so powerful and Disruptors really aren't THAT useful for the weapon. I thought they'd be great but I've never gotten that much use out of them. And the team wipes you can get with the Inkzooka are much more useful than the area denial you get from the Wail. I use the Pro to play support and being able to pop out and Inkzooka a charger is so valuable.

Award

The default Pro is better than the Deco, imo. The Inkzooka is just so powerful and Disruptors really aren't THAT useful for the weapon. I thought they'd be great but I've never gotten that much use out of them. And the team wipes you can get with the Inkzooka are much more useful than the area denial you get from the Wail. I use the Pro to play support and being able to pop out and Inkzooka a charger is so valuable.
There are two types of squid. Those who love the inkzooka, and those who do not. I do not.

Unfortunately for me, many of my favorite weapons rock an inkzooka. Which is annoying as I'm fairly ambivalent about it. But I choose my weapons for the main/sub combo, and the special is just a bonus. I know many people do quite the opposite, but if I could craft my own perfect trio none of my weapons would be exactly what's offered so if I have to pick the one attribute I leave as random it's the one I don't have always available.

Personally I had a hard time taking the RBP seriously until the RBPD came out. Any time I'd try it the slow RoF, small AoE, low damage, and gangly charger like inking made me want to switch to either the RBD for faster fire and same damage or the Range Blaster for bigger damage & AoE. The disruptors gave it its unique play. I admit to loving disruptors on it, L3, and Bambi MkII (though wall is also handy on the MkI.) The disruptors compensate for the slow RoF to the point that gives the equivalent performance of RBP range and RB RoF given how much is slows the opponent.

Wail is kind of "meh", but I can get some decent splats with it, and since I'm not an Inkzooka wizard I usually only get 1-2 splats with it (or none) anyway. I don't have 'Zooka Sense for the right timing to whip it out. Wail is fun to use through walls for the kill.

The thing with RBP is it really didn't need an Inkzooka in my mind. I don't love them but on carbon roller it's handy to take out a sniper I otherwise couldn't get. But the RBP is practically a sniper hunter built right into the barrel with almost splat charger range of its own. I'm not sure why they put an inkzooka on it nor the Sloshing Machine Neo - two weapons with excellent range to challenge chargers already. Range isn't their weak point, CQC is.

Award

View attachment 2626 This happened a while back in the naughty vs nice splatfest, but I rekt them scrubs tho.
Aww, wrecking the lv4 trying out a charger....that's just mean. :( The Lv12 roller that managed to eat it more times than the lv4 charger though, that one had it coming. :p

Naughty/nice is just funny though. All the "scrubs" on the other team that you butchered still actually did better than half your own team ;) That's some intense 2v4 right there. :)

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
Aww, wrecking the lv4 trying out a charger....that's just mean. :( The Lv12 roller that managed to eat it more times than the lv4 charger though, that one had it coming. :p

Naughty/nice is just funny though. All the "scrubs" on the other team that you butchered still actually did better than half your own team ;) That's some intense 2v4 right there. :)
Lol yea, I never noticed that until now!
It was still a fun match tho

Award

Being the best score + k/d player of your all-Japanese team: priceless.
Double that for being the best player in your all-Japanese lobby.
Triple that for it being the winning team.
Quadruple that when you find out that it was a primarily S-rank all-Japanese lobby.
Quintuple it when it's on a brand new map in its first rotation! :)

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
So I took a break from Splatoon and the first few matches after my return everyone was squidbagging.

Award

Not really anything to do with multiplayer play; but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this:

:)

I sooo considered getting one of those for $11 on sale last month :) I'd normally never buy a covering for a controller...but Splatoon...

Bonus points for the 16GB White model ;)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, this wall in Walleye Warehouse:
In one match, there was a squid hiding behind that wall. I took aim, threw a Splat Bomb over the wall, and... well, splatted him.

At the time it felt like the most epic kill I'd ever made.

Award

So, this wall in Walleye Warehouse:
In one match, there was a squid hiding behind that wall. I took aim, threw a Splat Bomb over the wall, and... well, splatted him.

At the time it felt like the most epic kill I'd ever made.
That's a heck of a bomb throw!

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Oh man this was one of the time i wish i had a recording device for gameplay....And a time where i had a good laugh as well.

So i was on Kelp dome around 2 days ago and i think it was Rainmaker. I was using the L-3 nosslenose, and i was hiding on the leftmost side of the stage to see if any enemies would try to attack my allies from behind because they were all at the opposite side of where i was.

As i think no one is going to come, i start swimming to the mid section when a 52 gal shows up from the mid section and decides to bombard me. He throws down a wall and starts shooting at me, i back away to so that he can't reach me any more as i whittle down his wall.. Then "DING" my special is ready! I thought i'd take down his wall with the Killer Wail why not? After throwing down a wall and firing like that, he can't approach me. So i lug it out, and wouldn't you know it, the 52 gal brings his Wail out too, right in front of me.

There we both are, pointing our loud speakers at each other, we both fired at the same time and we splatted each other xD We both even tried to escape but we got splatted xD

Suddenly, more "Splatted X" icons showed up.
2 splats..
...4 SPLATS!?!?

A quad' splat from the funniest moment i had ever witnessed since buying the game! What's more, is that my team soon reached the goal seconds after my quad splat. I don't think anything i brag about will top this for a long time xD (Unless i get a video of something like this happening).

The only sad thing was that i didn't get a single "Nice" for it xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom