The Bragging Thread

Zolda

Full Squid
Was playing SZ on Kelp Dome last night and had just respawned, so I randomly threw a Splat Bomb over the wall before making my way up just as either a distraction or to give myself some cover...but I ended up getting a triple kill with that one randomly thrown bomb. To borrow a phrase from Bob Ross, that was definitely a "happy little accident."

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Was playing SZ on Kelp Dome last night and had just respawned, so I randomly threw a Splat Bomb over the wall before making my way up just as either a distraction or to give myself some cover...but I ended up getting a triple kill with that one randomly thrown bomb. To borrow a phrase from Bob Ross, that was definitely a "happy little accident."
Those are the best.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
The day I hit A-, I was playing the Custom Jet Squelcher in Splat Zones. One of the maps in rotation was Port Mackeral, which I LOVE with the Jet Squelcher. Its range lets me absolutely dominate the narrow alleys and apply great pressure throughout the match. Anyway, I felt like my team was dominating when suddenly we fell behind. Only slightly, but time was ticking and we needed to push to claim their zone before too long. So I went to the right alley that led to their zone and ran head-on into another Inking. I pressured him out of the alley and he hit his Bomb Rush, completely dousing the area in bombs. I swam up my very narrow path of ink through the maelstrom (This is why Swim Speed Up is important kids/squids!) and came flying out of the ally at him, removing him from the game without a scratch on myself. Sooooo satisfying. Afterward I tried to flip their zone when one of his teammates came after me and I managed to kill him on the zone despite having almost no ink, finally flipping it. I then was able to start a spawn camp and keep everyone at bay in the alleys while my team advanced with me and we coasted to a knockout.

I don't remember if it was that game, but the same evening I went 18-5. It was a good night.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had a really good K/D ratio of 10-3 last match I played with the Carbon Deco. It helped I took advantage of the minor verticals in Urchin Underpass (like the ones in the center and at the ramps leading there) to surprise foes and lay some much needed smackdown on them. Definitely beats any other game I had recently.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Forgot the point but got a 18-8 kill in ranked and won in overtime with a splat charger

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'M FINALLY AVERAGING AROUND 8 KILLS WITH MY HERO CHARGER!

Really kind of proud about this right now.

As someone who had beans for aim with charger class weapons, I am super proud of this. I always wanted to learn how to use the charger weapons and I've kept practicing. It's not much but I'm really proud of how far I've come with them. I'm hoping to pick a charger weapon up as a third main soon~ >w<

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
On Nov 16, I was playing Splat Zones in Heights with a team of S's. So... playing with my Octobrush as normal, I was able to splat 10 people, not die once AND got a knockout with my awesome team! ♥
Tbh I feel hella proud knowing I was able to get the most splats and felt like I actual DID something for the team!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I got a a winning streak in Turf Wars today, blocked an incomming kraken with my Kalligraf/Octobrush and the game gave me two more Special Charge Up. Yai!

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
I got to S today after figuring out the Splatling Deco. The rotation had Splat Zones, and I basically just camped our zone/side of the zone and defended it until I got a Kraken, at which point I tried to clear out the area and push with the Kraken. I lost maybe two games.

Seriously, that weapon is monstrous. One of the best defensive weapons in the game paired up with the best offensive tool in the game, and a Point Sensor to remove any semblance of guesswork? Did Nintendo accidentally hire some ex-Sledgehammer employees or something? I mean, even without the Wall, you still outrange every other shooter besides the Hydra and Jet Squelcher, and they have their own problems.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
While playing rainmaker today with a carbon roller, I managed to somehow kill the enemy with the rainmaker and two of their team mates on my own.

Also I had a rainmaker match where my team was 4 rollers against various guns and a charger, and we somehow won.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
I recently got my first gear with 3 same sub slots! :D
:clothes_swt004::ability_damage::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
All fair and square the first time I unlocked the ability. No buying, no rerolling.
Really helps me with the Rapid Blaster Pro after firing my seeker.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Was just playing tower on Camp Triggerfish, and I was using the Kelp Charger. I was busy trying to take back our side of the map when one opponent slipped right under the charger wall (you know the one I'm talking about) and destroyed my team mate who was firing at the tower coming to our side. I felt bad for letting him get past of course, but then he started squidbagging (as you guys seem to call it), obviously clueless that I was waiting right above him. I then proceeded to blow him to pieces while he was in the process. It was pretty hilarious and both me and the team mate simply had to do a Booyah! I then turned to the left and shot an approaching blaster, scoring two KOs since there was apparently someone right behind him. Needless to say, the team was able to take back the tower and make a massive push for a victory.

The rest of the night was trash though.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Winning a 3v4 is one thing, but winning two in a row (especially when it seemed like the opponents had one in the bag)? I was pretty surprised and elated at that.

Sketchtastrophe

Inkling
NNID
Sketchtastrophe
Won a very unevenly matched game on Museum in turf wars the other day :) Their team was made up of three level 50's and a 43. Using the Splatterscope, N-Zap, .96 Gal and an Octoshot respectively. My team consisted of me (level 50), a 31, a 24 and a 6. Using the Splash-O-Matic, Luna and two Splat Rollers respectively. We were out ranged and out gunned. Yet we pulled off a win! And I finished that match with 1829p after the win bonus! Which was 904p more than the second place member of my team scored :) Such a hard fought win!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So the strangest thing happened in Splat Zones earlier today. I was at Saltspray Rig, and as misfortune would have it, two of my teammates disconnected. I figure we're screwed, and prepare for the worst.

I don't know HOW the hell it happened, but my remaining teammate & I not only successfully fended of the other team, we won via knockout! For once I feel I did okay in a ranked match. Even if my battle high was short-lived...

A while later I managed to keep a Kraken at bay & splat him after he un-transformed, but that was comparatively minor.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Nobody was around so I decided to play just a few solo queue matches on a whim before quitting for the day. 18 straight wins later (I recorded and counted them), I got to S+86. Camp/Museum Zones best rotation.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
During the last seconds I wanted to push foreward to ink more and ran into: 1 enemy Splat! 1 another enemy 3 Splats! So I splated the whole enemy team in seconds. With Inkbrush. I was like "uhm.... lol?"

Landed in a TurfWar team where we had 4 slosher weapons. We won and it was funny.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Landed in a TurfWar team where we had 4 slosher weapons. We won and it was funny.
That reminds me of a funny Ranked match i had. I once had a team of Splatlings in Camp Triggerfish Splatzones xD I was the hydra splatling, and everyone else on my team was a different Splatling user. You name it, Mini splatling, Heavy Splatling and it's deco variant plus me as the Hydra. The Splatling family was right there.
The enemy team only had Tentateks/Octoshots with one 52 gal user. It was by far the fastest victory i've had for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom