• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
So after a break to make time for a certain trilogy’s final game, I hopped back into Splatoon a couple days ago. Not much to say from those play sessions, but today I randomly decided to bring the Fresh Squiffer to Tower Control in Arowana Mall and Mahi-Mahi Resort (S+).

Mahi’s always been kind of awkward for me, but Arowana Mall was incredible. By starting on the left side, I was able to prevent opponents from getting out of their side lane or even splat them as they tried to exit. At some point, I shot that general area and splatted someone I couldn’t even tell was there. I had a "two splats in a row with only two shots" moment. I also got a triple. Mahi wasn’t as good, as I said, but I still was relentless when people got on the tower. On top of this, I’m fairly certain I was perceived as "that player" in one Mall match because of how well I did.

Of course, I can’t brag on here without mentioning the Dynamo, so there you go: in Mall, I decided to go for a very aggressive Tempered Dynamo start using Seekers. I immediately got to mid, dropped down the enemy’s ramp, took down their Luna Blasters and started messing up their base and going after their E-liter. Thanks to this, my team was able to make a strong push early on. Unfortunately, the opponents managed to take the win by one point, but the beginning was great!

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I have something amazing to brag about!

I decided to randomly play some Rank Matches (A Rank) after not playing them for a couple of months. It was Splat Zones at Hammerhead Bridge and Camp Triggerfish and I decided to play with my Custom E-Liter.

It was a terrible start. I had forgotten that the map layouts somewhat changed during Rank Matches and I was not prepared. The other team quickly claimed the zone and backed us into a corner. The other team only had fifteen seconds left to win and I decided to play more seriously. I super jumped to a teammate, completely knowing that the other team was waiting to splat me as soon as I landed. Little did they know that I Krakened just before I landed and splatted two people on the other team as soon as I touched the ground. I quickly swam up to another opponent that hadn't realized what had happened and splatted them too. With the rest of my Kraken I swam to the zone. They only had four seconds to win. I inked as much as I could with the E-Liter. 3-2-1, but they lost the zone. I manage to ink just enough right in time. My teammates Booyahed like crazy. After that, we claimed the zone and I set up beacons everywhere. The battle was fierce, but we managed to pull the win! It was amazing and I knew that it was thanks to me that we won.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Tower Control on Hammerhead Bridge, Tempered Dynamo, S rank. I got two triples in a row (-ish?) followed by a quad. The last opponent splatted me after that, but it didn’t matter because the tower was already on the last stretch. Ended with 11/3!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So it been awhile but I was playing rainmaker a while back on rainmaker and splatted 2 people with a cherry H-3 nozzlehose.
Later on that same day I bought a pair of taroka shoes and got a perfect set (all special charge up) without rerolling once

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
In Ranked today, I came painfully close to a true quad with the SM Neo. I make the distinction with a sorta quad that I achieved with that very weapon a while back; that was purely using the 'zooka, no actual bucket action, so it's hard to count.

TC Kelp, a match is just about to go into overtime but we have a huge lead. My teammates are all around the 'main entrance' of mid, the only path there on ground level; I've approached instead via the 'extra box' thingy. The entirety of the opposition is bunched on and behind the tower that's perhaps at the 80 mark on our side. Not much of a heroic story; I just drop down behind the gaggle, swing a bunch and take out three, damaging the fourth, a Heavy Deco. With my last attack before overtime ends and we win, I hear the 'direct hit' noise at the exact moment they turn into a Kraken, so... I would've taken them out, definitely?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
^ I count it as a quad, congrats!

I know you probably heard this already, but I got a really noice splat with the Ink Mine on Saltspray Rig.

I was at the little ramp before the back of the stage, and there were about 2 of the enemy there. Never mind them, I probably took them out with someone on my team later. Anyway, an enemy was superjumping to the peak of the ramp thingy. In a split decision(remembering what someone on Squidboards said about this), I went over to the jumping point, planted an Ink Mine, and moved over to the left part of the ramp in case it didn't work. Best Splat of the game, made my night.
*drops mic and walks away*

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Lol just went I to ranked last night as a custom e-liter scope and 2 guys went to charge me, I quick snipe the first get my special and then kraken just as the other player is about to splat me.
Later on in this same game my whole team got splatted except me, and I was hiding in a tiny spot in the corner, and just as an enemy teammate actives his inkzooka I turn around and splat him before I am splatted allow my teammates to charge in and push the win
(Honestly was only my 3rd or 4th time using it since I dislike using e-liter but it was fun to use)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You ever had a moment where you remember an old achievement of yours and think, "Hey, I should try to do that again"?

Well, on an earlier match on Walleye Warehouse, I got a Bomb Rush going and used it to make some headway into the enemy base. I noticed one squiddo duck behind their right-side wall*; for whatever reason, I was reminded of the time I got a sick over-the-wall Splat Bomb kill, and I felt compelled to repeat that feat somehow. So I tossed my last few Splat Bombs over that wall, and the rest is history... repeating itself.

Speaking of Bomb Rush. apparently you can use one to screw with a Kraken when it's in close range. Either I'm becoming more adept at my bombing skills, or that Kraken was a total newbie.

*I really need to learn what the (un)official terms for each stage's objects are...

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Arowana Mall Tower Control, Krak-On. I superjumped to one of my Beakons, which was on our right side at the foot of that slightly elevated platform thingie with grates in the center. As I was flying through the air, I noticed an enemy Krak-On was running on the grates to our sniper perch on the right. I swung my roller and boom! Splatted them in midair. I’d been meaning to actually do this for ages, so it felt amazing!

And today… You know that strategy to superjump on a grate as a Kraken, right? On Camp Triggerfish Rainmaker with the Krak-On, I was in Kraken form chasing someone who took refuge on the grates on our side of the map. I splatted them and superjumped out of harm’s way, despite never having done this before and making my decision at the very last second. In another match, I did the same thing again. But immediately after, I picked up the Rainmaker and started heading to the left of the map (relative to our spawn). Unfortunately, the enemy team was well-prepared and used a Killer Wail in the lane I was in. Somehow, someway, I managed to survive for, like, half the duration of the Killer Wail by standing and jumping repeatedly on the very edge of the map while shooting with the Rainmaker. I was taking damage from the Wail every time I landed, and the enemy team was shooting at me on top of everything. I splatted two enemies before taking a dive into the water due to a misstep. That was ultimately pretty pointless, but it looked really cool. Once again, I reaaaaally wish I had a way to record my matches…

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
My Charger alt is really paying off! I'm now landing about 70% of the shots I charge...

... on people firing Inkstrikes. I can't get it out of my head that if the reticle is on my target, I don't need to adjust my aim!

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I remember I when once playing Rainmaker on Saltspray Rig with a Krak-On roller. The other team had the rainmaker, and I activated my Kraken and ambushed them from an overhead ledge. Two of them died in my first jump (including the Rainmaker holder) and then I tracked down and splatted the other two. That was the first (and as far as I can remember, only) time I splatted an entire team by myself.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
The other day, I had a pretty rough time with the Tempered Dynamo, so I switched over to the vanilla. I then proceeded to get five splats in a row, twice, in a single match!

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Arowana Mall Tower Control, Krak-On. I superjumped to one of my Beakons, which was on our right side at the foot of that slightly elevated platform thingie with grates in the center. As I was flying through the air, I noticed an enemy Krak-On was running on the grates to our sniper perch on the right. I swung my roller and boom! Splatted them in midair. I’d been meaning to actually do this for ages, so it felt amazing!

And today… You know that strategy to superjump on a grate as a Kraken, right? On Camp Triggerfish Rainmaker with the Krak-On, I was in Kraken form chasing someone who took refuge on the grates on our side of the map. I splatted them and superjumped out of harm’s way, despite never having done this before and making my decision at the very last second. In another match, I did the same thing again. But immediately after, I picked up the Rainmaker and started heading to the left of the map (relative to our spawn). Unfortunately, the enemy team was well-prepared and used a Killer Wail in the lane I was in. Somehow, someway, I managed to survive for, like, half the duration of the Killer Wail by standing and jumping repeatedly on the very edge of the map while shooting with the Rainmaker. I was taking damage from the Wail every time I landed, and the enemy team was shooting at me on top of everything. I splatted two enemies before taking a dive into the water due to a misstep. That was ultimately pretty pointless, but it looked really cool. Once again, I reaaaaally wish I had a way to record my matches…
We need Splat TV! Like Mario Kart TV in Mario Kart 8.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
What i have to brag about isn't as amazing as all of you guys. Wow, you really are lucky and amazing player to pull theses thing off ! ;o;

For my part, i am bragging over a defeat i got. But it's really the end that was my shining moment on that game. It was blackbelly skatepark, the other team was dominating us and at the end, all 4 other player where arrassing my 3 pour team-mates who kept on going straight to them to fight instead of going the way around. And i got my special, so i decide to help my team out, i start firing randomly, hoping to at least dispatch them away so my team can try and claim more turf, but i end up killing the whole ennemy team with my special. Too bad it was the end, but i did get a buch of booyah. I was very proud UvU

I'm also very proud of a kill i did while out of ink with my octobrush nouveau. I was being shot at by a splash-o-matic i think. The guy was just coming in and i couldn,t splat him because SURPRISE, i run out of ink before i could splat the foe. So i tried running away, but the ground was covered in the foe's ink and they obviously where going to kill me, so i tried my luck and flicked my brush and paf. They died. And i survived miraculously

Ahah.. That wasn't very interresting, sorry ;v;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom