• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I think that this rotation (Hammerhead/Urchin SZ) is beautiful for my style of SM play. Potentially could've gotten a larger win streak going, but I left it after four games, partly being nervous that I wouldn't be able to continue replicating my performance and partly it being 00:40 here. Highlight was a 13/2 game on Urchin, pretty much controlling the entire flow of battle. I'm getting interested in running :ability_runspeed: more frequently with this weapon - it doesn't affect its strafing, but the added mobility seems to make it worth it (I packed two Mains thereof for these games to work with the Hammerhead catwalk).

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm still alive and playing this game. Two stories, both from the same rotation. I was Twin Squadding with a friend of mine who plays Octo Brush.

Kelp Zones: We were in mid trying to get the zone back, me with an E Litre. We were retreating, but a Kraken takes me out then moves on to try and splat my friend too. Then I see a second Kraken follow the first. My friend runs to the top left side of the map, with the corner and access to the catwalk. I watch my map waiting to see him die, but to my surprise, I see one of the enemies die...then another!? What? He had no Special, I confirmed with him after the match and he just outsmarted two Krakens and splatted them both with an Octo Brush. We laughed about this for some time.

Later that day, it's Kelp Zones again, and I'm an E Litre, non-custom.

I fall off the block near spawn and into the fray since my allies are nearby and they cover me...and then they all die leaving me backed into a corner with no escape. A Krak-On Roller and Wasabi start closing in on me, I don't have enough ink to Burst Bomb and I'm standing in enemy ink. So, thinking I'm dead, I shout "AAaaaaaah!!!" and just fire like crazy. About 3 seconds into my shooting I realize I am shooting at nothing and I have a double. "...Why am I not dead?" I wondered. We won that round. My friend laughs, telling me he was watching the map to see me die but was surprised when the enemies died instead just like I was earlier.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I ended a gruelling three-hour Ranked session with a 3v4 victory on Hammerhead SZ (using SM, as usual). Nothing much to say; I was excited to have a CHydra on our team but they left as the match began, so we were left with myself, a Forge SSP and a Junior. We all performed very above-averagely (no 15/1 records or the like, but an average of about 9/5) and were able to win something like 91-70!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Museum d'Alfonsino is a map that I generally dislike. But I caved in and joined the session anyway, figuring that I could get some valuable practice with the Heavy Splatling in.

Next thing I know, I'm on the enemy team's rotating platform attempting to keep them contained. They knew that, so two of 'em headed left from their base to pick me off. One of them got lucky, scoring a clean Disruptor hit on me, and the other readied his charger. Did I back down and Super Jump away? Nope! I decided I could handle it and revved up my Splatling, firing away as soon as they came into view. Turns out being huddled together on a tiny perch isn't such a great idea when you're up against a weapon that fires $200 custom ink cartridges at 10,000 rounds per minute.

The one weapon type I've never been good with in any game is the sniper class. My unsteady aim cannot meet the demands of precision weapons like that. But I try to snipe anyway, mostly to show up my friend.

Here, I don't have that, so I'm left to throw myself into do-or-die situations in the hopes that I'll be able to force my way into being a better charger. Situations like being stranded point-blank in a Dynamo Roller's sights—or more accurately, getting jumped by a Dynamo Roller at close range. I was readying a charge over in the left-hand platform on Hammerhead bridge to take out this other jerk on the grates above, when suddenly the Dynamo jumped out and swung at me. I had no choice but to divert my shot towards this guy, and hope that I'd be able to get away.

Well, he managed a full swing, but I somehow managed to snipe him at the exact moment he did so. And even better, I was somehow able to avoid taking the full hit and survive. It didn't win us the game, but it's inkredibly satisfying to have so perfectly won a duel with one of my mortal enemies.

I ****ing did it. I successfully managed to do a regular squid jump over a Kraken without dying. Am I qualified for Squid ******* yet?

One of the last matches I had last night was a bout between a regular team (mine) vs. a team of all chargers (the enemy) on Camp Triggerfish. As I've said before, an all-charger team can be one of two things: extremely deadly, or extremely weak. This team seems to have been the latter, as I was able to pick off two of 'em from across the gap between both halves of the map, each right after the other with a full burst from the H-3 Cherry. Were they so focused on my teammates that they didn't notice I was right there, or did they think I couldn't touch them? The world may never know, but one thing's for sure: it reminded me of those GMOD Splatoon videos where there's two enemy squids/Octolings side-by-side, and then one of 'em gets splatted out of nowhere as the other one turns around in surprise.

Situational awareness, squidiots I'm a C-list charger, and even I can tell you that you're lacking in it.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Eehee! My first big triumph in S+ (after that one 7/2 game with the Tri, Ancho-V SZ, a couple of months ago): SM, Flounder TC. My first game of the day, but I was in a rush so as not entirely to miss the rotation, so I hadn't bothered with a warm-up TW. And it was fine! I went 8/1, clearly leading the team and only being splatted right at the end, just before we rode to the KO. Maybe I won't fall out of the rank, after all?

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
No real specific moments today but I got to play Permanent Inkbrush on the dream rotation: Pit and Blackbelly SZ. I had been theorycrafting that it would be a terrific weapon for SZ on those maps, and I finally got to test it. I played super well for my entire session and decided my theory was right haha. In Piranha Pit you can zoom between zones so quickly and ink them in a heartbeat. Blackbelly is a bit harder to go between zones since you have to go up (admittedly short) walls and are more within shot of weapons, but it's still a very strong map. You can flank really quickly through the enemy pipe as well and I used that to apply big pressure in all my games. I'm just so happy that there's a good Inkbrush now! Splat Bombs + Kraken really compliment the main weapon, though I do still wish it had Burst Bombs.

And because I also want to brag about my gear, this is my new primary setup for the Permanent Inkbrush! I was so stoked when Spyke gave me the Hairpin and Part-Time Pirate rolls:

:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tly007::ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I'm so much faster than before! And even though this build only has one more sub of Damage Up than my previous build, it has actually had a noticeable impact. I really wasn't expecting much out of that Part-Time Pirate, but Spyke really pulled through for me. I was going for the double (or even pure!) Swim Speed subs on the Hairpin, so getting Damage Up as well was perfect. It works really well on a lot of my weapons. I still use my old build quite a bit (since it includes Cold Blooded and is still a pretty strong build), but I really love how this setup feels.

Last edited:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Twice this session on Bluefin Depot (Turf War) I locked the enemy team in spawn and had a deathless game with a double-digit kill count using a dual squelcher.
The first game I got 11-0 and won 80% to 7%, and a few games later I got 10-0, but don't remember the ink percentage (I think it was about 65% to 20%)

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
This bragging post is going to be the exact same thing as yesterday hahaha. I saw a sweet rotation for a build I wanted to test and went for it. Today it was Rainmaker Hammerhead/Walleye, and the build was Run Speed Up Custom Jet Squelcher. I had tried the build before the strafing buff to the CJS and had found it pretty worthless, but after the boost I wanted to give it another shot. But first, I needed to re-roll my Red Anchor LS. I was shooting for pure Damage Up, but I ended up getting two more subs of Run Speed and a sub of Swim Speed. That’s a pretty sick roll! So I jumped in with my new build, which you can see here.

The first game was Hammerhead and, sure enough, with all my Run Speed I was able to cheese the Rainmaker to an easy 55 or so right off the bat. Subsequent pushes were SUPER easy with how quickly I could move up the grating, and my blistering speed gave me so much extra maneuverability on the bridge. The build is really great for keeping enemies in your ideal zone, since you can backpedal to avoid letting them close in and also advance to really chase people down. I stopped a LOT of pushes by charging ahead. The CJS is phenomenal on Hammerhead in any mode, but the extra speed on the bridge added a new level of terror to the weapon. I felt like a player reborn. The games on Walleye were great as well, with the build really helping me to zone and move around the center boxes. I would rather have had my normal build with more Swim Speed and Bomb Range, but the Run Speed build felt like a viable option. Overall, I'd say I played very well today. I only lost twice and went positive in all but one game (despite dying a lot while carrying the Rainmaker).

There were two moments I felt particularly proud of. The first was going 16-5 in one of my first games with this new build. The second was making an AMAZING push in my final game of the rotation. My team gained control of mid fairly quickly (I think I traded lol) and I grabbed the Rainmaker. We pushed forward and though my team was trying to get me to rush ahead, I hung back and fired off huge tornados to cover the opposing team’s higher platform. I got a few kills and pushed forward as another teammate hit his Suction Bomb Rush. We completely covered their spawn area and I was climbing the pedestal when the opposing Custom Blaster picked me off. I respawned and raced back to my team (not wanting to blow it with a poor Super Jump), and they made the final dunk as I was running up the ramp to them. Great coordination, guys. <3 It was a blast.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Today I was derping around as I usually do (Made it to S+ with my Carbon but for some reason now I have more fun using weapons I'm not as good with in S rank)

ANYWAY

I decided I'd use echolocator cause I never do and TBH it seems sort of useless on Blackbelly TC and I thought it would be funny so I tried the Tri-Slosher Nouveau which well... As far as I can tell it's not a weapon anyone thinks is good xD

Anyway, I had a stupid amount of success. One match I got 15/4 with it. I laughed so hard and I think I've found a new weapon to love...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
As far as I can tell it's not a weapon anyone thinks is good xD
Awh, I wouldn't want to say that... it's blatantly inferior to the standard Tri, but on a couple of RM maps, I find it very effective, most of all Mackerel. So, uh, good job doing well on something completely different!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I used my teammate as bait to get a quad with a splat bomb... not sure if that's a good thing or not... :D
I've been the bait. Taking one on the chin for the team's always worth it in the end.

...then again I also used two teamos once to distract a sniper in Walleye so I could flank him, so...:rolleyes: 6/half a dozen?

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I was in a team where one guy/girl/non-binary kept Squid Partying no matter what.
All three of us wanted a good game, but he kept spamming the "To Me"-button and proceeded to do nothing.

And I can tell you with great pride that my tv, my Gampad and WiiU are still intact.

#KeptMyCool
#StayedFresh

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I was in a team where one guy/girl/non-binary kept Squid Partying no matter what.
All three of us wanted a good game, but he kept spamming the "To Me"-button and proceeded to do nothing.

And I can tell you with great pride that my tv, my Gampad and WiiU are still intact.

#KeptMyCool
#StayedFresh
Yay more vindication :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom