• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
For me its a slow crawl up S+. I guess its not technically worth bragging about since there's no single achievement, but lately I just play, I dunno, 5 matches a day or so and I've had a gradual but effective upward climb through S+. I'm currently at a comfortable 75. It's getting to the point where I'm very cautious on the map/modes that I play, but with this confidence I've got, there's not a lot I'm absolutely unwilling to play. Although I haven't played Rain Maker in ages, just bad timing I guess. Or good timing, depending on how you look at it.

Anyway. S+ 75. I'm so close to the top I can almost taste it!!! D:
Definitely brag worthy!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Oh my god so first off I was was playing a splat charger on ranked just now and I see a super jump mark at the base of the ramp from the second level, so I try to get close to hit it and fall off with the full charge, so I decide what the heck at least I'll cover the turf and fire the shot and hit the player as he lands just as die.

Second off I got this set and don't know what to do with it
:head_vis000: :ability_runspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_specialcharge:
Kraken 528: :ability_runspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_shi005:: :ability_inkresistance: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh my god so first off I was was playing a splat charger on ranked just now and I see a super jump mark at the base of the ramp from the second level, so I try to get close to hit it and fall off with the full charge, so I decide what the heck at least I'll cover the turf and fire the shot and hit the player as he lands just as die.

Second off I got this set and don't know what to do with it
:head_vis000: :ability_runspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_specialcharge:
Kraken 528: :ability_runspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_shi005:: :ability_inkresistance: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Use custom hydra?
You're just one run speed aviators difference from my 2nd favorite hydra outfit (kinda lucked out that it has prema-stats AND freshness).

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Got a solid Quad Splat with my Octobrush on Blackbelly Skatepark. Get on kill, I see an enemy inkbrush trying to get to the top of the tower, I come from the other side, get them, my flicks wound up killing another player who was at the base of the tower, and after all that within the last seconds of the match, I jump off the tower, and splat the fourth teammate.

After a string of soul crushing losses in a set of previous matches, I really needed that.
quad splat with inkbrush is hard. congrats

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
BRAGGING!
I got squid bagged by a salty squid who was winning... and then I took the lead in the last 30 seconds and won the game :^)
(sorry for advertising a lot it's just I wanna show you the great stuf lmao tho this is my fave upload so far)

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I'm proud to have gone from S 54 to S+ 30 within an hour last month with my trusty Custom Jet Squelcher. I can't believe I actually did that since I don't practice in squads and I've only played ranked four or fives times since reaching S for the third time in February. And I did pretty great each round, too. So I know it wasn't from getting carried. Maybe that was just a great map and mode combination for me. I have no idea.

Also, a few days ago I somehow got 17-3 in a turf war with a Custom Range Blaster despite me usually doing bad with all blasters. I can't tell if I just got lucky or if I could potentially be a great blaster user once I get the hang of it.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I got De-Ranked into A+ Rank again, and after the events of my previous sessions, I got really pissed off.
Going with the AeroSpray PG I went full ham on my opponents, relentlessly charging in with Burst Bombs and the Kraken I got many kills, and managed to myself back to S Rank 35.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I loaded up Splatoon for the first time in months and completely dominated several turf matches, in inking if not k/d. I still got it! :D

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I loaded up Splatoon for the first time in months and completely dominated several turf matches, in inking if not k/d. I still got it! :D
HA! It's weirdly comforting to know we always seem to fly on opposite ends of the match spectrum:
Aside from a few close wins, I've been doing HORRIBLY after my month splatoon break and almost dropped out of S xD

But the main reason I post is because i was TOUGH in those matches!

How tough are ya?

How tough am I? HOW TOUGH AM I ?! I got 2 triple kills in one match today!

Yeah so?

>=/ With the H3 nozzlenose.

o. O;;

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
On Moray Towers Rainmaker S rank yesterday, the match started with one of my teammates disconnecting. In order to compensate for the missing player, I practically threw myself at the Rainmaker and carried it to the 40 mark early on all by myself while dodging and splatting foes with it. That ended up being the game-winning push. Of course the enemy team recovered, but I still picked up the Rainmaker whenever I could so as to prevent them having it. I did die a lot, but I don’t think there was a single point where my entire team was respawning. My two teammates did an exceptional job defending and holding the other team back. I thought we’d lose for sure when the opponents took the Rainmaker to the 41 mark, especially since I got splatted a lot at that point, but somehow my allies managed to push them back just long enough. It was extremely close; the Rainmaker was right there at 41 for ages.

I’m really proud that we managed to win this though! In those situations, I actually feel motivated to play better because I know from experience that teams of three can be very tough to deal with and definitely have a winning chance.

In another Rainmaker match yesterday, this time on Hammerhead Bridge, the enemy team had managed to take a comfortable lead near the end of the match. I picked up the Rainmaker for overtime. By moving forward very carefully, letting my team take the lead and providing support charged shots, I successfully ran all the way up to the 22 points mark. One thing to like about overtime is how it can (sometimes) lead to a great coordinated push :P

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Almost beat my high score...

My record was with the same weapon on the same stage, with different gear though it was 2,717 RIP! 4 POINTS MORE I WOULD HAVE RIP!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Moray Towers redeemed itself Monday night. All that hide & seek really paid off, I guess.

Speeding up the ramp, I hear a Kraken going off right behind me. Either I must not have been a tempting target (hooray, ninja squid!), or it was a panic-button misfire, or just one severely uncoordinated squid, because whoever it was completely disregarded me. I round the turn and from the ramp just above, CarpetBomb Rush that entire lower area...

...just in time for that Kraken to run out.

Totally made up for the fact that Tuesday the woo was back to its old shenanigans.

jrensink78

Inkling
NNID
daddyticotaco
Was playing rainmaker on Hammerhead Bridge. I died after a small push for the lead (maybe to 60ish) and noticed everyone on my team was dead. Then I noticed 2 people weren't coming back. It ended up being a 2v3 with a good 3 minutes to go. I figured that we were probably going to have a hard time keeping our not-so-impressive lead. Lots of back and forth and getting wiped, followed by long swims/runs back to the middle. But we kept stopping them. Then we took that fish about 2/3 of the way across the map in a single run and dunked it! Dang that felt good!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I think today's favorite match had to be the one where Troublesome Friend and I both went 1:1...and only splatted each other. There's something so satisfying about splatting someone on the center of the bridge in Hammerhead with a suction bomb tossed from the ledge on your team's flank. I didn't even mind that he's gotten really good with that Squiffer, which apparently has more range than I remember those things having :'D

We also now have an official place in Mahi to meet up and party. Win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom