• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Luminario

Full Squid
Something has really gotta be done about this Match-making. I'm out here, doing the absolute Most, and we lose cause some teammate of mine failed to get past 500 points. This isn't even confined to lower-leveled squids I'm forced to babysit, this happens with 20+ people too. I'd understand if this was just happened every now and again, but this is a recurring thing for days now and I'm down to dry with my E-Liter.

Pokey83

Full Squid
NNID
Pokey83
I use Luna Blaster for Turf Wars and Ranked Battles. Today's forecast is a cloudy chance of salt. People hate me online.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've got nothing, no excuses. I just suck today. With an astounding losing streak of 7 games, marvelous 1/6 KD ratios and high scores of 500 points and less, my sheer suck-titude have drenched me and my teams in utter failure.

I didn't just have my humble pie, it just got thrown straight into my stupid face.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I'm being as a psychiatrist for two people on this forum, and while I'm all for helping them, I'm a little disappointed with how I (who as someone has already pointed out, is probably unqualified to do so) is the one who seems most concerned for their health. I get that we all have our own issues to deal with but seriously.... Ease up on the twitchy reporting fingers, all right? I'm not calling anyone out I'm just saying that a ban hammer should be a last resort.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I'm being as a psychiatrist for two people on this forum, and while I'm all for helping them, I'm a little disappointed with how I (who as someone has already pointed out, is probably unqualified to do so) is the one who seems most concerned for their health. I get that we all have our own issues to deal with but seriously.... Ease up on the twitchy reporting fingers, all right? I'm not calling anyone out I'm just saying that a ban hammer should be a last resort.
Not to nit-pick, but psychiatrists, at least where I live, are practitioners who prescribe drugs. What you're referring to is a psychotherapist.
Nitpicking aside, I hope you're making progress. I offered my help as I have the experience myself but the user did choose not to take my offer and I'm noone to force myself on them, if you get my drift.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The rules are in place for a reason, and no mental illness or state of health excuses someone from acting decently in a public space. Also, correlating reports with bans is kinda jumping to extreme conclusions, the mods around here are more likely to issue warnings and infractions or talk it out with offenders than immediately throw someone off the website. The person you're speaking of was never in danger of getting banned.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I ran into my first squid-partying game yesterday during Turf. For all that I've heard others complain about it, I'd never seen it for myself. For the longest time I could hope that the plague simply hadn't spread to the Oceania playerbase. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

We were playing on Manta Maria and got utterly curbstomped because my stupid ****ing team insisted on just sitting around squidbagging instead of actually doing anything useful. At one point I got killed by an enemy sniper and two of my allies proceeded to ****ing squid-party with the guy instead of actually doing anything about him. We ended up getting slaughtered because the enemy team had just enough players taking the game seriously to ink a good amount of turf, whereas I was the only one on my team actually trying to play the game. Ordinarily this would have been a minor inconvenience, but I was trying to level up my gear and get a Freshness Bonus on my Mini Splatling, so it was completely infuriating and an utter waste of my time.

And it's only happened to me once. I can only imagine how people who get this regularly must feel.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Salt of the day #1: Tenta Missiles. Had one round with a) a very seasoned Jet Squelcher and b) another Tenta Missiles user. Needless to say, I spent 80% of the time dodging them (or getting splatted by them, or getting that one follow-up splat). I'm not even mad, this is actually amazing. :D

Salt of the day #2: The ranked system is really bull. After only two promotions I'm already at B+ and trying to re-evaluate my life. I used to pull my hair out just to get to that blasted A- back in the day and having B+ handed to me with no effort at all makes me feel cheated. And all I wanted is to relive those nightmares again. Masochist much?

aji

Inkling
Salt of the day #2: The ranked system is really bull. After only two promotions I'm already at B+ and trying to re-evaluate my life. I used to pull my hair out just to get to that blasted A- back in the day and having B+ handed to me with no effort at all makes me feel cheated. And all I wanted is to relive those nightmares again. Masochist much?
if you were above A- in the first game why would you not expect to quickly rank up to at least B+ in the second? the game hasn't changed THAT much. i personally am struggling to stay in the A tier, and never played the first game

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
I ran into my first squid-partying game yesterday during Turf. For all that I've heard others complain about it, I'd never seen it for myself. For the longest time I could hope that the plague simply hadn't spread to the Oceania playerbase. Unfortunately, that was not the case.
I've heard legends of these... Do they only exist among high level/rank players? Because I'd love to find them someday! They sound like silly fun. :D

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
if you were above A- in the first game why would you not expect to quickly rank up to at least B+ in the second? the game hasn't changed THAT much. i personally am struggling to stay in the A tier, and never played the first game
Because the first game had a much more punishing rank system. That's all I'm going to say because I still can't really wrap my head around it. I used to be somewhere S-ish though. A- was just the first milestone which took me forever - and it was a loooooong grind. Not a "oh I see you got a promotion, let's skip two ranks. Oh, another promotion? Let's skip another rank! And by the way, deranking is almost impossible". I'm feeling carried by the system is all and it has no incentive for me to get to S-rank while this system is still in place.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Just played a Goldie round where we were a few eggs short of quota and running out of time. There was a pile of eggs where the Goldie was shot, but for whatever reason, my teammates continued to go after the Goldie instead of bringing in the eggs. We came up 1 short.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I've heard legends of these... Do they only exist among high level/rank players? Because I'd love to find them someday! They sound like silly fun. :D
It's probably loads of fun until it costs you your freshness bonus for the umpteenth time, or slows down the already-painful grind for ability chunks. I don't know how common it is though. I'm pretty sure most of the players doing it in the game I had were in the mid-late 20s, maybe a few in the teens as well.

Just played a Goldie round where we were a few eggs short of quota and running out of time. There was a pile of eggs where the Goldie was shot, but for whatever reason, my teammates continued to go after the Goldie instead of bringing in the eggs. We came up 1 short.
Dear god, if I had a dollar for every time a perfectly good Run had been ruined by this exact type of stupidity, I'd be a lot richer than I am now. I had one the other day where my teammates insisted on chasing after the Goldie instead of coming to pick up the two eggs I was guarding. I ended up getting overwhelmed and splatted and had to watch the Snatchers run off with those two eggs. Guess how many eggs we fell short of the quota by :mad:

I also discovered my new favourite type of idiot in Salmon Run: the Inkbrush user who doesn't quite seem to understand that they cannot hit the Steelhead without the aid of a slope, but still insists on jumping up and down like a moron and blocking the shots of people who can.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Y'all mind if I uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...not register half of those rapid fire shots you just clutched like a badass in close range with a Splatling and result in a trade anyways? Y'all mind if I lowkey discourage you from using rapid fire weapons out of fear of the majority of important shots not actually registering because of the 16hz tickrate and therefor severely limiting your playstyle and fun because of it?
IM...IM SO.........

Maave

Inkling Commander
Y'all mind if I uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...not register half of those rapid fire shots you just clutched like a badass in close range with a Splatling and result in a trade anyways? Y'all mind if I lowkey discourage you from using rapid fire weapons out of fear of the majority of important shots not actually registering because of the 16hz tickrate and therefor severely limiting your playstyle and fun because of it?
IM...IM SO.........

I heard four smacks. FOUR SMACKS. Why are you not deaaaddd

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So i looked up some tournament footage of Splat Championship, and guess what the winners of said tournament used?
3 Tri-Sloshers in their team. THREE TRI-SLOSHERS. TWO OF THEIR GAMES THEY WON IN A KO!
And even then, the losing team had two tri-sloshers. I'm guessing the critical mistake they made is they should've used an entire team of them. What the hell. Even the hosts ended up calling the "meta" disgusting.

Good lord, the Luna wishes it could be this OP in S1. It's one thing if it was hard to learn, but it's so not. You pick it up and just ram the ZR key until everything else dies.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
So i looked up some tournament footage of Splat Championship, and guess what the winners of said tournament used?
3 Tri-Sloshers in their team. THREE TRI-SLOSHERS. TWO OF THEIR GAMES THEY WON IN A KO!
And even then, the losing team had two tri-sloshers. I'm guessing the critical mistake they made is they should've used an entire team of them. What the hell. Even the hosts ended up calling the "meta" disgusting.

Good lord, the Luna wishes it could be this OP in S1. It's one thing if it was hard to learn, but it's so not. You pick it up and just ram the ZR key until everything else dies.
If it were truly that unstoppable, you would be seeing 3 tri-slosher in every match. As of now, you see the Tentatek more often than the tri-slosher.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If it were truly that unstoppable, you would be seeing 3 tri-slosher in every match. As of now, you see the Tentatek more often than the tri-slosher.
guy with cup reaction image.gif

Are we playing the same game? I see teams with 2 or 3 tri-sloshers all the time, both in League and on streams. The meta king is inescapable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom