The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Between rageuitters, excessive squidbaggers, the rare squid partier, ranked match throwers (cause they have 3 cracks and want to reset), and players on my team that just give up and let themselves die to get it over with, is it so much to ask for people who just PLAY THE DAMN GAME? IS THAT REALLY ASKING SO DAMN MUCH!?
I never get any of that lol

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I never get any of that lol
Here's a lesson for you: responding to someone saying that you don't have the problem they're mentioning, with no further discussion or input is a classic form of poor internet behavior. It contributes nothing, generally irritates people, and is NEVER appreciated.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I guess they just wanted to let everyone have their S+ rank without having any of the effort involved. The unfortunate side-effect is going to be that newbies are gonna be mixed in with pros, but hey at least everyone is S+ now!

The real struggle is going to be getting flags in turf war. Amidst the people who d/c, the matchmaking and the squid trying to get a flag on the goo tuber it's gonna be harder than ranked will ever be.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Here's a lesson for you: responding to someone saying that you don't have the problem they're mentioning, with no further discussion or input is a classic form of poor internet behavior. It contributes nothing, generally irritates people, and is NEVER appreciated.
I don't take social cues well (or at all) because I'm a misanthropic sociopath with a love of violence.

So thanks for the tip.

D

Deleted Member

The difficulty in the ranked matches I've currently played ranged from:
Lol
to
ARE YOU FEELING IT NOW MR. KRABS!?!?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I really have no idea what that term means.... I don't speak internet.

I would tell you to contact the guy that diagnosed me but uh.... I'm pretty sure that they won't be able to tell you anything without my consent, which you don't have, so I won't.

Last edited:

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I would tell you to contact the guy that diagnosed me but uh.... I'm pretty sure that they won't be able to tell you anything without my consent, which you don't have, so I won't.
Not gonna question your diagnosis because I frankly don't care, but since according to your signature you're a close relative there I might just note that you always can choose not to. Needless to say, if your general goal is to torture people on a psychological level then disregard that comment and have fun. It's one of the best ways to deal with boredom anyway.

Between rageuitters, excessive squidbaggers, the rare squid partier, ranked match throwers (cause they have 3 cracks and want to reset), and players on my team that just give up and let themselves die to get it over with, is it so much to ask for people who just PLAY THE DAMN GAME? IS THAT REALLY ASKING SO DAMN MUCH!?
Wow, not gonna lie, this pretty much sums up my competitive experience from Overwatch season 5. I didn't reach level 10 until after I read your problems in Spla2n ranked and now I'm geniunely curious if it can really get any worse than my general experience in Turf and Salmon Run. I've yet to decide which one takes the cake in terms of teammates who either DC or throw the towel in too early, so I should just play some ranked today so I can honestly say I feel ya. But for the meantime, I sort-of can relate on an abstract level.

Now if this helps, a friend of mine (who hasn't been to SB forever like me before recently) has also had terrible experience with squid partiers in the first game and was more or less as frustrated and infuriated as you. What helped her reduce the salt is to "stop expecting anything and you can't get disappointed" which is ultimately a sad thing to do since it's metaphorically speaking pretty much throwing in the towel yourself on a psychological level. Now with the reporting system you might want to just report people who clearly throw or just squid party during ranked. It's annoying enough if this happens in Turf War when they're on your team but you lose so much more in Ranked that it can be considered legit not funny anymore.

Hope this helps.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Off to San Fran... home of DedSec.
The airport wifi has made me disconnect from 3 Turf Wars now. I think I'll just go beat my records on hero mode.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I think honestly the worst thing about last night was the fact that there WERE no disconnects! I lost 8 matches in a row, and out of a total of 16 I won 3. I can safely say that pretty much every loss was a case of my poor planning. I'd do the newbie tactic of head straight to the middle, try and stand my ground and either get taken out by the flanks or extensions, then spend the rest of the game not really extending just going after people that get too near because it was starfish and they made it to our side of the stage immediately. Or it was humpback and pretty much the same thing happened. Except on that one I'd move into the middle a little bit more and then get taken by the flanks. Or be on th side and get surrounded. It's a shame really because I do like the sloshing machine, it has excellent range is at most a 3 hit, directs are really satisfying, no jump RNG and an autobomb to add to the mix for solid zoning. Stingray I don't think fits but you can still make it work; my first game I got 8 kills no deaths. It was great, but it just became a shambles by the end of it I think I'll blame tiredness on my lack of imaginative tactics and my possibly slow reaction time. It's probably the weapon I've played the most that still has the flag on 0.0. If it could go minus, it would.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
MFF and HBPT should never be in the same rotation. I REALLY dont like MFF but they're waaaay to similar for what you do in each mode ranked. After 10 rounds you forget what you're playing on despite the 5 second intro....at least I do anyways.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I guess this is mostly a happy post, sprinkled with a pinch of salt...

(This is about finishing everything in one player-mode.)
So, I managed to 1000% the one player-mode of this game earlier today, which is great! Buuut... I, for some reason, had gotten the idea that I would get the full Hero Suit when I was through with it all (y'know, the epic suit you have when you have collected all of the gear/protection parts in the levels), so I was really looking forward to that, but nothing happened, besides me of course buying the two last hero weapons from Sheldon which still is very nice (on a sidenote: my last unlocked weapons were the Brella and Splatling).
It felt a bit bittersweet to see DJ Octavio off for the last time. :')

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Finished hero mode 1000% four weeks ago. Did I get any Octo Armor?
NO.
Anyway, I know that every time I see Marie alone at a splatfest, I'll cry, so I always play a few levels every day. I've been working on beating all my records with certain weapons. I beat the Octo Samurai in 51 seconds.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Why does the Nintendo Switch have such shoddy wi-fi? I've been hearing complaints both here and elsewhere since launch, and now a friend of mine can't reliably play Splatoon because their Switch is the only device in the house that doesn't play nice with their router. A portable system should have more robust hardware than this! BAH!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Why does the Nintendo Switch have such shoddy wi-fi? I've been hearing complaints both here and elsewhere since launch, and now a friend of mine can't reliably play Splatoon because their Switch is the only device in the house that doesn't play nice with their router. A portable system should have more robust hardware than this! BAH!
Yeah. I've noticed that unless you stand right next to the router, it won't work. It's kind of silly.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Ohmigosh, can confirm this as of today.

Played over at a friend's house (it's actually her switch, I don't have my own yet *le sob*) today instead of at my place and her switch would just disconnect during matches all the time the very moment her mum starts streaming amazon prime videos. It's not like the Nintendo Switch disconnected noticeably but it just couldn't handle matches. We tried it for five consecutive matches and kept DC'ing so we figured we'll be playing something else for the rest of the evening.

To add insult to injury she can't even avoid this by hooking up the Nintendo Switch using an Ethernet-cable because the router is two floors below - she's already dependent on a repeater. Weirdly enough she never experienced problems with playing Splatoon 1 over her Wi-Fi which uses more data than Splatoon 2 on the Nintendo Switch.

So, I feel ya there. I definitely feel you both. The first thing I'll do when I get my own Switch is to hook it up directly. Even though it's worked perfectly fine over Wi-Fi at my place I am not gonna risk it on ranked matches. x_x

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
This poor person! I assume they are probably pretty cool and maybe fairly handsome too. I just hope the wifi extender they just bought no doubt will get things working better. c:

Assuming they decided to take that course of action since they must not be able to go with a wired connection easily unfortunately. >.>

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I brought my Switch with me to San Fransico but now I'm afraid the hotel wifi won't let me participate in the Splatfest
*sob*

Griff76

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3196-7781-0416
Hoping someone can thread this in appropriate place, but I can't seem to post to forums other than replies..

New Salmon Run 2 map. Super easy way to defeat night time when fireflies surround you.

Make sure wall is inked. Climb to the top. The salmoniods can't get to you, and it's like shooting fish in a barrel for the other three!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I don't understand how this game doesn't understand basic weapon distribution. Getting stuck against 4 Sting Ray users in Port Mackerel, getting stuck against 4 Tenta Missile users ANYWHERE, getting stuck against 2 Jet Squelchers when you want a change of pace by using a short range weapon for once, getting 2 chargers or 2 splatlings on the same team, getting matched against 2 or more Ink Armor users. These are all as good as death sentences. There is absolutely ZERO excuse for this. Turf war is casual, but that doesn't mean it should be completely random. Because random is NOT fun, I'm sorry. It is NOT fun. Remove regional matchmaking and give us back our global matchmaking so we can actually tap into the other parts of the world's players. I just had to spend 10+ minutes in turf war lobbies just waiting, and they timed out regardless. Yet another reason we need global matchmaking back. We need it so lobby wait times aren't abysmal and so that we get actual balanced team weapon compositions. Main weapon-wise AND sub weapon-wise. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom