• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I didn't think Splatoon 2 had servers. Aren't the matches P2P connections, which accounts for hits that don't register, ink suddenly showing up in an area, and people getting splatted a body length away from someone's aimpoint?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I didn't think Splatoon 2 had servers. Aren't the matches P2P connections, which accounts for hits that don't register, ink suddenly showing up in an area, and people getting splatted a body length away from someone's aimpoint?
Yes. This game has peer-to-peer matches and a 16hz tickrate. Nintendo's servers are only used for matchmaking and final results.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Zero eggs. I thought I'd do salmon run with randos for once, and I get someone who bothered to collect ZERO EGGS and we lost on the first wave because of it. In Profreshional. YOU ***DAMN IDIOT. There is a clear objective in all modes, WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE IGNORE IT?
I feel your pain. I've been in groups where there were more than enough eggs laying about in a single area to meet the quota being ignored for easy bosses that could be left alone a bit and not wipe the crew. You can spam, "This Way!" only so often. And for the record, I made profreshional with random teams only. Since then I have teamed up with friends online only twice, and I always play Salmon Run to 1200 points the day it opens up.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Man, the past three weeks or so have seen a noticeable increase in the overall effectiveness of my Salmon Run teammates. And then all of a sudden they decide to drop the ball today. What gives?

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Just had a satisfying one in Salmon Run.
I made it back with the last egg needed to make quota with 2 seconds left on the timer!
Went from that to the exact opposite back to back. CHUCK THE EGG LIKE IT'S A BOMB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I see Manta Maria's one of the Splatfest stages. Cat-4 salticane in 3...2...
:rolleyes:

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I haven't had a chance to play on that one yet, but everyone else I know who has tells me it's (and I quote) "weird".

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
I haven't had a chance to play on that one yet, but everyone else I know who has tells me it's (and I quote) "weird".
It feels bigger than the other stages and has plenty of sniping perches (they're grates though so you'll be running back to reload.)

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
My Flight team: No Champions, power rating 1750. Invis team, all Champions, power rating 1900. Slaughtered

Jon914

Pro Squid
Man, the past three weeks or so have seen a noticeable increase in the overall effectiveness of my Salmon Run teammates. And then all of a sudden they decide to drop the ball today. What gives?
I felt the same way today. Perhaps the "easier" runs carried more people to Profresh who aren't ready for it. I didn't think today's weapon selection was "hard", but my teammates today kept dying.

I had one run where I rescued 8 people, never died, and we lost wave 3 with 1 egg short, even though I inkjet rescued 2 people right next to the basket holding eggs with a few seconds to spare... :(

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Seems that every time my team is outranked by 50 or more points we lose 50%ish to 35%ish. Anything closer and we win.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Constant disconnects. First time experiencing it so hard. The salt is real because I'm in my placement matches. -_-

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Not really, it's always like this and more noticable when the entire fanbase is playing.
It was like that for me too. Now I am plugged into my router and with decent internet. I rarely disconnect anymore. Splatfest is the exception.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Dear Random Teammate in Splatfest,

When there are two of us, and one of them, move around the corner with me to splat them rather than standing there inking the same spot horizontally to them while they sit behind the cover.

Signed,
SqidVishus

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
A friend of mine and I played Salmon Run yesterday, and wow it was bad. Usually I play with a full group or at least 3 of us who I know I could depend on, but in several games the two randoms we had were terrible. Rollers who don't know you can actually do other things aside from rolling, Squiffers who can't contribute much. It was the first time I got fairly salty with SR.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Flight Power (us): 1910
Invisibility Power: 2080

Yeah. Seems legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom