• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Jon914

Pro Squid
Matchmaking last night was brutal. I lost a streak of games where the opposing team was around +200 power vs us, and the results were predictable.

Disconnects were a lot more frequent. I almost never encounter DC's in normal play and saw them happen in 1:4 games last night.

A friend of mine and I played Salmon Run yesterday, and wow it was bad. Usually I play with a full group or at least 3 of us who I know I could depend on, but in several games the two randoms we had were terrible. Rollers who don't know you can actually do other things aside from rolling, Squiffers who can't contribute much. It was the first time I got fairly salty with SR.
I still kill my fair share of bosses as a roller, but I find that a good roller player should constantly support by ferrying eggs, keeping paths inked, rolling over mooks (so the charger player can do their job!) and reviving teammates.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Dear Charger Sniper,

Thanks for standing in our spawn the WHOLE match and letting people get close enough to you to bomb you to death multiple times. Your efforts were a great sacrifice and you have the rest of the team's most sincere gratitude.

Signed,
Team Flight

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
My Joycons didn't charge, so I'm stuck in handheld mode... And it took me 2 matches to realize the sensitivity wasn't set as I like it. *bops self with inflatable hammer*

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Roommate comes home from work, I'm about ~1hr into Spawnfest. I had to vent a little spleen (to the tune of "Hey, Team Spawncamp, how was work?"). Later I apologized.
Me: "You know I love you, right? It's your team I'm mad at."
Her: *GASP* "You finally said it!"
Me: "Your teammates are still jackholes!!"

I spent two hours getting to Champion, at least 90% BTFO losses. It seems mid-1600s fest power is where I belong.
She gets on and somehow ends up being in the exact situation. I'm Team Invis, she's Team Flight.

Both sides should be ashamed of themselves for this behavior, but at least the art and memes have been clean and friendly this time around =p

Jon914

Pro Squid
Shifty Station. Our team had 2 chargers, me (n-zap) and an aero. The 2 chargers stayed around spawn the whole match, leaving the two us to fight for the other 80% of the map.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Would have been cool if my co-invisibles realized a few times that if you get put up against a team with like 200 less power than you it's a pretty good idea to not let them stomp you. It costs a lot of points. Took a 7 game win streak to make up one loss❗I had 3 of my first 7 matches 3v4 so I only started out at 1575 power. Got as high as 1795 and ended at 1705 i think. Only a little salty...The play was pretty shoddy though, it was brutal out there...

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Would have been cool if my co-invisibles realized a few times that if you get put up against a team with like 200 less power than you it's a pretty good idea to not let them stomp you. It costs a lot of points. Took a 7 game win streak to make up one loss❗I had 3 of my first 7 matches 3v4 so I only started out at 1575 power. Got as high as 1795 and ended at 1705 i think. Only a little salty...The play was pretty shoddy though, it was brutal out there...
I think it was more brutal at that power level (1700ish) than the 1900 - 2000s. My son was in that 1700s power bracket and there were some crazy match-ups.

What's funny is that almost universally, everyone I have spoken to from flight thinks we lost. Also of note, nearly everyone from invisibility I have spoken to thinks they have lost. Maybe it was really close?

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Ya I realized about an hour in last night that my normal gameplay couple styles and strategys that I have were pretty much useless so I grabbed the dapple dulys and just started inking and suction bomb rushing the hell out of everything. I felt like every time i got splatted it was by 2 or even 3 people or I'd get one and immediately get killed. Pretty much tried to avoid contact with anybody. I think a lot of people were in the same boat. Was still a lot of fun as usual though:)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Welp, post-Splatfest rank battles strike again! Decided to partake in rainmaker with the brella. Lost every match and rank.

And adding insult to injury: when my bar cracked and my rank dropped, it was then announced that the rotation was over.

"Hey Ansible, yah n00b skrub GTFOH~!!!"

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Whenever you get shot, make sure to hammer the "ouch" button, even if your position is in no danger at all. Make sure to do it at least three times in a row. Your team will love the beautiful serenade of inkling whining.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Whenever you get shot, make sure to hammer the "ouch" button, even if your position is in no danger at all. Make sure to do it at least three times in a row. Your team will love the beautiful serenade of inkling whining.
I blame these people for the ineffectiveness of ouch. I hit Ouch as soon as I die so my team knows, sure, but spamming is saved for when an ally is walking into an ambush I can see on the killcam... which they die to anyway because my spam was ignored. WELP!

Dog King

Full Squid
I blame these people for the ineffectiveness of ouch. I hit Ouch as soon as I die so my team knows, sure, but spamming is saved for when an ally is walking into an ambush I can see on the killcam... which they die to anyway because my spam was ignored. WELP!
That's too relatable. "Hey guys, I'm warning you about the Splattershot that just flanked us!" Moments later, our team has been wiped. Does nobody listen to 'Ouch'!?

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
That's too relatable. "Hey guys, I'm warning you about the Splattershot that just flanked us!" Moments later, our team has been wiped. Does nobody listen to 'Ouch'!?
Since this was actually a thing the first time I played league ever I wanted to let you guys know that I've become a victim of ouch relativization™ due to the ouch spammers Elecmaw mentioned. Boo Libra, how could you?

After a well-deserved slap on the wrist I've started to pay attention the 'ouch' again and after a long Splat Fest grind I've not only been less prone to walking into the "inkoming team wipe" trap like most other randos I got paired with but also much better at predictive Splat Bomb strikes. So what can you do when someone is an 'ouch' spammer? Keep this in mind anyway and pay close attention - even if it was a trade-off, someone else might be already on their way or lurking in the shadows.

So very much "ironically" I've turned into "listen to my ouch warnings you dimwits" person myself. :D

Jon914

Pro Squid
Despite this weapon loadout being pretty easy for this SR (Splattershot, Jet, Sloshing Machine, Rapid Blaster), most teams last night were weak. (This morning, the teams have been better!)

I had a team not show up to low tide, despite me saying this way, until 10 seconds into the wave. Then, the follow up wave was also low tide, and they still didn't show up until after the wave started.

On a different wave, we failed a Cohock charge because someone decided to camp on their eggs and wouldn't move when I said "this way" at the basket. Then, one of the cannon people left to start ferrying eggs, and it all went downhill from there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom