• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Meh. I wanted the snails, though :T
Snails are the only reason a good number of us show up at all :P It certainly shows your loathing of turf that you're not willing to suffer even for loot, and that is in no way a bad thing considering how awful it's been.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Same as it ever was... If you’re a zero kill charger player, a roller who can’t make 500 inkd or a level 5-11 you’re probably on my team.We’ll be up against a team of 35+ level players who have us pinned pretty much immediately. every time I die (wich is frequently) It’s by the hand of 2 or more. Vs sci fi team and mirror matches alike. My splat karma must be off or something. Lost 20 straight matches today and dropped below 1600 power...I think i might be done for the day...

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
*takes a deep breath*
Okay guys. So I had a terribad losing streak and got insane enough to start another experiment to see whether the custom E-Liter is salvagable or not. Two things I've noticed: First of all, I haven't had any notable success performing with the weapon due to its special being awful and Beakons being ignored over the course of the whole match, but most importantly and second of all, what hampered my ability to give me good results more was teammates unable to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Guys, please. I put up a full fight even when you choose the Tenta Brella, or the Goo Tuber. I don't judge you for trying the Inkbrush Nouveau or the Foil Flingza. Regardless of whatever you did in your decision-making process, I give it my best. What I ask in return is to at least try to win matches, because me and the Splattershot Pro in that particular match ended up being two men short here.
I really don't want this
to repeat at any point in time again. Not only for me, but for anyone trying to make something else viable in turf. Even if you don't lose ranks, losing because someone (or two of them) decide to forfeit the match before it starts is not a good and fun experience.

And on another note, while enjoying myself with the vanilla E-Liter, I've had another match worth mentioning, sadly in this thread. So the matchmaker decided to go bonkers again and pitched me with three newbie-level players against ranked'esque folks. We had a Firefin Splat Charger trying out the weapon with no avail, who decided to DC mid-match (either by chance, or by ragequit seeing how much he strugled), a Silver Aerospray going 1/11 in KD and a Herobrush experiencing a similar fate. With this team comp in mind, I myself had to walk out with a lousy 5/5 due to being 4v1-nned on every so often.

Here's a short footage on the horrors (and my fellow charger DC'ing)
and the results
And if that wasn't enough, the Heavy Splatling d00d has been Stingraying the Spawn point everytime he had his special up and it ended in a full-blown spawncamp once my bud DC'd. Needless to say, I can deal with defeats like that. What I'm worried about more is my teammates. They must've been devastated. What is the point in me writing this? For you guys reading this, please refrain from such r00dness in a turf match when you get pitched against newbies. I'm not asking to let them push through so they can turn things around, but don't go Stingray'ing the Spawn. Don't go sharking right at spawn. If two of you guys are already up there, don't turn this into an overkill. It's the reason why some people abandon the game when this is the average experience they're getting before gitting gud. Have some mercy. Though I'm aware two of my buds were rather high-level there, so maybe I've been accidentally turning a blind eye to match throwers, maybe they were trying unfamiliar weapons, who knows. It's a general message because I've had similar things happen when 2/3 of my randos were truly low-level and it's really sad to see how overly, unneccesarily aggressive the players in this game can be.

Sincerely,
a concerned charger main

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
*takes a deep breath*
Okay guys. So I had a terribad losing streak and got insane enough to start another experiment to see whether the custom E-Liter is salvagable or not. Two things I've noticed: First of all, I haven't had any notable success performing with the weapon due to its special being awful and Beakons being ignored over the course of the whole match, but most importantly and second of all, what hampered my ability to give me good results more was teammates unable to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Guys, please. I put up a full fight even when you choose the Tenta Brella, or the Goo Tuber. I don't judge you for trying the Inkbrush Nouveau or the Foil Flingza. Regardless of whatever you did in your decision-making process, I give it my best. What I ask in return is to at least try to win matches, because me and the Splattershot Pro in that particular match ended up being two men short here.
I really don't want this
to repeat at any point in time again. Not only for me, but for anyone trying to make something else viable in turf. Even if you don't lose ranks, losing because someone (or two of them) decide to forfeit the match before it starts is not a good and fun experience.

And on another note, while enjoying myself with the vanilla E-Liter, I've had another match worth mentioning, sadly in this thread. So the matchmaker decided to go bonkers again and pitched me with three newbie-level players against ranked'esque folks. We had a Firefin Splat Charger trying out the weapon with no avail, who decided to DC mid-match (either by chance, or by ragequit seeing how much he strugled), a Silver Aerospray going 1/11 in KD and a Herobrush experiencing a similar fate. With this team comp in mind, I myself had to walk out with a lousy 5/5 due to being 4v1-nned on every so often.

Here's a short footage on the horrors (and my fellow charger DC'ing)
and the results
And if that wasn't enough, the Heavy Splatling d00d has been Stingraying the Spawn point everytime he had his special up and it ended in a full-blown spawncamp once my bud DC'd. Needless to say, I can deal with defeats like that. What I'm worried about more is my teammates. They must've been devastated. What is the point in me writing this? For you guys reading this, please refrain from such r00dness in a turf match when you get pitched against newbies. I'm not asking to let them push through so they can turn things around, but don't go Stingray'ing the Spawn. Don't go sharking right at spawn. If two of you guys are already up there, don't turn this into an overkill. It's the reason why some people abandon the game when this is the average experience they're getting before gitting gud. Have some mercy. Though I'm aware two of my buds were rather high-level there, so maybe I've been accidentally turning a blind eye to match throwers, maybe they were trying unfamiliar weapons, who knows. It's a general message because I've had similar things happen when 2/3 of my randos were truly low-level and it's really sad to see how overly, unneccesarily aggressive the players in this game can be.

Sincerely,
a concerned charger main
I’m with you on that last bit for sure..I play mainly.96 gal, and heavy deco. Not only when I have noobs on my team but also when it’ 3v4. The general attitude is crush the weak team into oblivion. If my team is the weak one i can’t do much with my weapon choice but sit in the spawn bubble and get like 15 kills. If im on the strong team i usually hang at mid point and make sure nobody makes it to our side of the map. I know it’s been talked about a lot here but i’m really not feeling it..

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I’m with you on that last bit for sure..I play mainly.96 gal, and heavy deco. Not only when I have noobs on my team but also when it’ 3v4. The general attitude is crush the weak team into oblivion. If my team is the weak one i can’t do much with my weapon choice but sit in the spawn bubble and get like 15 kills. If im on the strong team i usually hang at mid point and make sure nobody makes it to our side of the map. I know it’s been talked about a lot here but i’m really not feeling it..
Yes. Just had another 3v4 match and it ended in another blood-thirsty spawncamp. ;m; I really don't know why some people feel the need to be so in your face about it. I'm trying to give the Splatoonity the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a minority of people being overly aggressive when this happens, but usually it turns into exactly this very situation everytime someone DC's on my side. Of course, depending on the opponent's strength I may still win this or at least put up a good fight and lose by only a handful of points but more often than not it spells doom, lol. My condolences you're having this experience too, it really sucks when it happens.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Yes. Just had another 3v4 match and it ended in another blood-thirsty spawncamp. ;m; I really don't know why some people feel the need to be so in your face about it. I'm trying to give the Splatoonity the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a minority of people being overly aggressive when this happens, but usually it turns into exactly this very situation everytime someone DC's on my side. Of course, depending on the opponent's strength I may still win this or at least put up a good fight and lose by only a handful of points but more often than not it spells doom, lol. My condolences you're having this experience too, it really sucks when it happens.
Depends on my weapon. If i’m using my main two we’ll be in trouble, but if i pick up dulie squelchers i can at least keep a bad team closeish and ink 1000 plus;)

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Depends on my weapon. If i’m using my main two we’ll be in trouble, but if i pick up dulie squelchers i can at least keep a bad team closeish and ink 1000 plus;)
True, true. Though I have friends complain that the matchmaker has been so bad to them that even using a "safe" weapon like the vanilla Splattershot doesn't help them a lot. Turf has become so stressful for them at this point that they rarely ever play it anymore, which I can absolutely understand. And I'm speaking of people who easily score 2.2k in league quads, mind you. ;m; I myself am aware of the risks that you take when being a charger main, even moreso with the E-Liter, but dropping it in favor of a potentially easier upheld imba W/L ratio would hurt me more than bring me joy, personally. To each their own poison, of course. I basically felt the need to write this up because it made me wonder how others feel about it, especially on the more casual side of things.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
True, true. Though I have friends complain that the matchmaker has been so bad to them that even using a "safe" weapon like the vanilla Splattershot doesn't help them a lot. Turf has become so stressful for them at this point that they rarely ever play it anymore, which I can absolutely understand. And I'm speaking of people who easily score 2.2k in league quads, mind you. ;m; I myself am aware of the risks that you take when being a charger main, even moreso with the E-Liter, but dropping it in favor of a potentially easier upheld imba W/L ratio would hurt me more than bring me joy, personally. To each their own poison, of course. I basically felt the need to write this up because it made me wonder how others feel about it, especially on the more casual side of things.
Ya i definitely prefer my mains to the ez turf weapons. I as well have had many moments of not having fun. 10 plus losses in a row doesn’t make anybody feel good, even those with the most positive attitude:) I like the dulie squelchers as a backup plan to help my mood when i’m on a bad loosing streak but still want to play because at least I can ink a lot of turf and maybe turn my luck around. People think it’s crazy now, wait till Christmas day..

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Ya i definitely prefer my mains to the ez turf weapons. I as well have had many moments of not having fun. 10 plus losses in a row doesn’t make anybody feel good, even those with the most positive attitude:) I like the dulie squelchers as a backup plan to help my mood when i’m on a bad loosing streak but still want to play because at least I can ink a lot of turf and maybe turn my luck around. People think it’s crazy now, wait till Christmas day..
Yeah, I feel ya. Had such losing streaks when doing my fun experiment with the Custom E-Liter for a variety of reasons (one of them being the weapon having a bad kit), but also with the vanilla one, especially when the Ink Brush Nouveau and the Foil Flingza got released. What I do is take a break and wait for the next rotation or switch to Salmon Run when available. Good on ya for having a weapon to fall back to, I personally switch back to the Firefin Splatterscope occassionally to ensure that permanent top-of-the-team status though results may still vary even then. Turf is crazy. Can't wait for that Christmas rush to turn it up a notch! :D

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
The crux of some of those type of weapons is if the majority of people on your team don’t know how use you it doesn’t matter how good you are. Aka if everybody on your team is behind the heavy splatling player you’re doing it wrong..

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Aaaah, I'm feeling used! :p

Yeah, it happens. I bet that on the flip-side to people hiding behind you, you've also had these people jumping right in front of you, blocking all your shots, or short-range weapons staying on what's more a sniping perch for a prolonged period of time for no reason I can make out of. Luckily with the rise of S2, at least my fully charged shots can go through allies and enemies alike, making it more bearable. Though once you happen to run into teamies grouping up in one corner of the map for all eternity inking the same spot while ignoring everything else, I doubt this is them not knowing how to synergize with your weapon choice and rather complete lack of gamesense altogether, harhar. You're not wrong though! Some people gave me the impression quite often, but some of them adapt to me over the course of the match too, as do I play around them if possible. It goes both ways!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I've never liked killing newbies. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so if one is against me, I try avoiding them. One thing I haven't seen in a long time is a babby Charger. Those are always so charming. If it doesn't affect my team too much, I'll let the Charger get a kill on me for a taste of blood.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I've never liked killing newbies. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so if one is against me, I try avoiding them. One thing I haven't seen in a long time is a babby Charger. Those are always so charming. If it doesn't affect my team too much, I'll let the Charger get a kill on me for a taste of blood.
I generally don’t advance much past mid map unless it looks like a teammate needs assistance. It feels cheap and too easy to kill noobs, but Anybody who tries to advance past mid is fair game if i can get to em..;)

the

Inkling Commander
Oh my god i cant play this game, idk what it is i just get so much adrenaline and i play horribly after a few matches (and thats if i even do well in the first couple) i hate splatoon 2. It's so aggressive and unfun. I hate it so much

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
this game would quickly become enjoyable if it just had global matchmaking

several weeks of getting dumped into clanner lobbies and getting destroyed sure is quality matchmaking bois
I am going to say I don't miss being splated by a Japanese player two seconds after I splated them.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I am going to say I don't miss being splated by a Japanese player two seconds after I splated them.
On the other hand I actually enjoyed it when my matches could actually start. Ping based matchmaking is nice and all, but is a bit too restricted right now. It consistently takes over 2-3 minutes for matches to start, I keep playing the same 10-15 people in the same session when playing ranked, and lobbies timed out more times in one week of Splatoon 2 than I did in 2 years of Splatoon 1

On a side note, (that's a purely me thing can't speak for all of you) in my experience in Splatoon 1 the laggy people were always people with names that I could read, never Japanese players

Edit : typos and stuff

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'll take any and all lag oddity in exchange for actually starting matches quickly and with a variety of people instead of the same few over and over.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I still get that type of lag, despite it being regional matchmaking.

If you live in the US you probably don't have that much trouble with it yet, but in the EU the amount of active players have been dwindling to the point S+1 and S+50 players are shoved in the same rooms. Can't imagine it'll get better once the paywall goes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom