• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Padre

Pro Squid
HUGE middlefinger from Nintendo and this game. Used four ink resistance drinks (80 games), didnt get single chunk even I had two squid force items. Most games I also had at least two disconnected players in my team. From now on I will report any player who plays a weak game in my team, thats for sure. These DSs must be stopped.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
HUGE middlefinger from Nintendo and this game. Used four ink resistance drinks (80 games), didnt get single chunk even I had two squid force items. Most games I also had at least two disconnected players in my team. From now on I will report any player who plays a weak game in my team, thats for sure. These DSs must be stopped.
Didn't get a single chunk or didn't get a single ability? I have a hard time believing you didn't get any abilities. You don't get chunks from drinks. If you didn't get a single ink resistance ability then that's wack

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sting Ray is getting on my nerves. There are at least two, usually three in the opponent team every match.

Unrelated, but I wish at least once I could get an Ink Saver drink ticket.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Used four ink resistance drinks (80 games), didnt get single chunk even I had two squid force items.
Drinks make the brand perk stop working for some reason. It sucks, I know.

There seems to be a lot of poor sports lately. I had two people throwing matches in a row, and then right afterwards, two matches with squidbaggers. One guy-imTonyvz-even went so far as to squidbag where his teammate had been splatted, because it was his teammate that had splatted me. (It made my knockout victory against him very satisfying, though)

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Drinks make the brand perk stop working for some reason. It sucks, I know.

There seems to be a lot of poor sports lately. I had two people throwing matches in a row, and then right afterwards, two matches with squidbaggers. One guy-imTonyvz-even went so far as to squidbag where his teammate had been splatted, because it was his teammate that had splatted me. (It made my knockout victory against him very satisfying, though)
Actually drink tickets still affect the gear based on brand
https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/7p48nm/the_true_effect_of_drink_tickets/

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Rainmaker has been and will always be the worst gamemode in Splatoon and NO ONE can ever convince me otherwise. There is NOTHING good about that mode. It SUCKS!

Okay, I feel a bit better getting that out of my system.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
I really wonder if anyone is level 99 yet. I'm only level 19 and I (in Ranked) get paired with level 65+ and it's terrifying, lol. I'm proud to say I did really well (I hate tower control) under the circumstances.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I really wonder if anyone is level 99 yet. I'm only level 19 and I (in Ranked) get paired with level 65+ and it's terrifying, lol. I'm proud to say I did really well (I hate tower control) under the circumstances.
I've seen plenty of people in the star levels in ranked and turf alike.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I'm not sure where he got those percentages, but they are not right, so better not to trust them. False information everywhere.
He got them from that game's code through datamining. Pairing a favored brand with a favored ticket with a 50/50 chance often seems quite misleading. Flip a coin 20 times and see how many times you get each side. Still, I'm confused whether you think you get chunks from drink tickets from your first post... I have a very hard time believing you didn't get a single ability of ink resistance.

Also, you do you know the percentages are wrong. There is literally no evidence out there backing the claim that drink tickets cancel favored abilities, except for exaggerated accounts by a few unlucky fellows

Padre

Pro Squid
He got them from that game's code through datamining. Pairing a favored brand with a favored ticket with a 50/50 chance often seems quite misleading. Flip a coin 20 times and see how many times you get each side. Still, I'm confused whether you think you get chunks from drink tickets from your first post... I have a very hard time believing you didn't get a single ability of ink resistance.

Also, you do you know the percentages are wrong. There is literally no evidence out there backing the claim that drink tickets cancel favored abilities, except for exaggerated accounts by a few unlucky fellows

I dont have any real evidence besides actually hundreds of hours of farming chunks, and those used tickets (maybe used hundred of them) do not give you abilities 50/50 when paired with right gear, thats for sure. Data can be mined, but there might be other factors or bugs going on here he might not be aware of. Try it for yourself with a ticket or two I guess. :) Cheers!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969

It's a lot more complicated than we thought.

This makes sense, as i and many others can attest to that tickets+brand doesn't exactly stack. While it can be blamed on bad RNG, the thread itself talked about a near 50/50 chance of this happening but i've wasted entire tickets on matching brand gear with none of the desired subs appearing. In fact, i had far more success using tickets on unmatching brands than on actual matching brands, and no, i do not believe this has to do with me being unlucky. It's hard to get inaccurate results with a 50/50 chance, It doesn't take long for a series of coin flips to reach either head or tails.

This cannot be merely pinned down on bad RNG, there's something more complicated going down there that interferes with this.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
*1, *2, and etc are now lvl 101 and 102....
Huh. Seems pointless, but I guess it gives you a nonstop goal instead of hitting 99 and S+ and being done with it.

I think FPS are my least best game, mostly because I am awful at aiming (meaning no chargers/long range shooters for me). I have been using different types of weapons to eventually get up to speed. Sploosh, KOSR, Tri, and foolin around with the ink-nouveau. As you can see with my choice in arsenal that Ranked gets salty quick. I don't think my choices are at all bad though.

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
Salty that I broke my S+ tower control and S+ splat zones bars and deranked. I have been bouncing around S+ and S for awhile now. Also stuck in A+ clam blitz. Fun times.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Rainmaker has been and will always be the worst gamemode in Splatoon and NO ONE can ever convince me otherwise. There is NOTHING good about that mode. It SUCKS!

Okay, I feel a bit better getting that out of my system.
I will take it over camping zones. Aka the team that captures the zone first is very very likely to win the match if they don't mess up.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I will take it over camping zones. Aka the team that captures the zone first is very very likely to win the match if they don't mess up.
I still have nightmares from Saltspray Rig.

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
You mean like most of your splat zones matches the zone never changes control? Or just that the first team to have control gets an advantage that's hard to overcome even if control changes? Either way that's interesting because I haven't had that experience. Zones change control a lot other than the odd very one sided match. Even in one sided matches the losing team usually has control multiple times. I honestly can't remember any time where I lost or won a splat zones match where the losing team never moved their timer from 100. Rainmaker on the other hand or clam blitz there are definitely a noticeable minority of matches where the losing team is still at 100 when the match is over. Tower control is in the middle but it is pretty rare again that the losing team never moves their timer from 100. I love the back and forth splat zones and tower control matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom