• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral, Clam, and Kelp were leaning on the side of one of the buses where they were talking about the nightmare that Coral had.

Clam: That was horrible, sorry that attack made you scared.

Coral: It's fine, Kelp offered me the chance to sleep with her, which I took because I felt safer when she is by my side.

Kelp: I hugged Coral tight in my sleep.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"GUYS GUYS GUYS!" Rebekah yells. "We gotta go over there! It's, like, actual Off the Hook!"

Believe it or not, the platform hanging from the plane did indeed contain Pearl and Marina! And with them was...

...Shizue...?

She looked pale and green like a Sanitized, but Joy didn't care. When the platform landed, she embraced her friend, tears streaming from her cheeks. "Let's get back to Inkopolis together, okay?"

"As you wish," Shizue replied, her voice distorted, yet somehow choked up with tears.

"There were security cameras around," Marina said, "so we saw what happened. I used some leftover technology and what I could find of her ink to bring her body back, but there must have been some sort of miracle, because somehow she could feel again. I even detected a pulse..."

"And that Squid Sisters song wasn't even playin'!" Pearl added. "I would give you a lift, by the way, but there are waaay too many passengers for this old thing."

"Take the Inklings," Rebekah said, trying to contain her nervousness. "We'll handle the rest. And by the way...y-you couldn't really be..."

"Don't get cooked, stay off the hook!" they replied, giggling a bit while doing their signature pose.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh...I'm so sorry, this is just...you guys have just inspired me so much and..." She was crying. "Especially Marina, how she managed to escape here so effectively, I mean...it's really motivated me through my time here...I want to hug you so bad..."

Marina was starting to cry a bit herself; she hopped off the platform and gave Rebekah a big hug. Rebekah felt like something was being tied around her head...

"You...you gave me your bandana..."

"You deserve it," Marina replied. "You're really brave to try to follow in my footsteps. Just...be careful out there, okay?"

"Yeah, I will," Rebekah replied.

"I'd totally chat some more, but we have to get back," Marina confessed, looking back. "We still have to take those Inklings home..."

"C'mon, people, get a move on," Pearl shouted to the Inklings. "This plane ain't gonna just sit here!"

The Inklings, Rachel carrying Daniel, hopped onto the plane, leaving the Octolings to take the buses.

"Wait!" Pearl called, and Rebekah turned around. "I have a little somethin' too...I don't have a buncha time, but I saw ya back there, fighting and stuff, and you really moved my best bud so...I had an extra hoodie lyin' around and I figured you'd want somethin' like that, s'the least I can do." She hands a soft, pink hoodie to her. "Later, I gotta help these dudes get back."

"Thank you," Rebekah said weakly, then, with a wave goodbye, she retreated to the buses.

(OoC: The Inklings on the plane got stuff too, not special personal stuff, just Pearl/Marina-inspired gear, like the stuff you might get at Splatfests I guess (not T-shirts, but Splatfest exclusives)? You can't give your clothes to EVERYONE, y'know.)

Joy was happy too, as she was reunited with Shizue, even if the latter was now partially Sanitized; she was alive, which was a miracle in and of itself. As the plane took off, she couldn't let go of her best friend for anything; she never wanted to lose her again.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(I have this idea that Rebekah and Marina could have done missions together before, they just didn't really know each other that well and didn't recognize each other as much.)

Cephalobro

Coral, Kelp, and Clam saw all of the Inklings they have rescued coming with Off the Hook, seeing how they were happy to return with Off the Hook. At the same time, General Anemone felt a big relief when he knew he didn't need to worry about the Inklings getting captured again. With that, he commanded, "Alright everyone, you know the drill. Get inside the buses, we still have a lot of work to do before we reach the surface! Even more Inklings to rescue and even more facilities to shut down, but now a new requirement from me, we are to pick up all Crimsons who were freed from Octavio's mind control and help them as well. This is a huge opportunity for us, we will finally start the road to reunification!", Octarians of both types now cheered at what he said.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"I'm gonna miss some of 'em," Rebekah admitted. "But hey, at least they're happy going home."

Cephalobro

The Ringed Octarians and their remaining allies enter the buses, excited to get going again. While General Anemone watches them enter, he thought of a personal goal, which is getting revenge on Octavio, not only for giving him that scar on his left eye, but to also make him pay for the terrible things he had done. He says to himself, "I'm coming for you DJ Octavio, and this time I'll make sure you won't be able to brainwash anyone whatsoever anymore."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Some of the Octolings decided to treat this like a regular bus trip; Rebekah listened to music and looked out the window, Lana read a magazine, and Noah checked his CQ-80. (I'm guessing most of them don't have phones yet because many haven't seen the surface.)

Cephalobro

After everyone got inside the buses, they drove off to follow the routes in which Anemone planned out. Going for the closest facility.

Cephalobro

On the way to the facilities, the first driver pulled the bus over after seeing many freed Crimson Octarians just wandering around very confused, he opened its doors, "Need a ride?" the Twintacle Octotrooper driver asked, without an answer, all of the Crimson Octarians on the field boarded the bus. After which the driver closes the door and resumes driving toward the facility, the other buses following him.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

As the buses arrive at an area close to the current facility that's going to be taken down, General Anemone sees that this facility doesn't have great security, after what has happened yesterday, he is glad that his job is a lot easier and simpler today. "Alright everybody, we have arrived, while this facility doesn't use up a lot of power, you can rest assured this one is easy to take down. We can do it today if you want to get this one done and over with. Before we got a lot of members, this facility would've been hard to take down, but now we got the numbers advantage!" he finished while communicating to all busses.

Coral: I'm kind of thinking that doing it today would be better.

Clam: I kind of agree with Coral on this one, we will have a complete advantage if we strike before they know we are here.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"I need to practice my Inkling," Lana said. "When we get to Inkopolis, I should speak that way so things can be easier. Ahem..." She thought for a moment, then said, "Hello, friend. What is the life doing?"

"What is not down, my friend?" Noah replied, a bit embarrassed.

"I am OK, and what of you?"

"Am alright, just bit tired. Yourself is...?"

"And the me as well."

They both giggled.

(Sorry I had to :p hopefully Rebekah steps in and helps them...eventually :p)

Cephalobro

The entirety of the army agreed to tackle the facility today. "Alright", said Anemone, "We will be taking them down today, you know the drill, you just need to get out of the buses so that they can merge again.", after he said that, the bus doors have been opened, allowing for the army to get out of the buses, this now included the newly picked up Crimsons.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana grabbed her Brella, Noah his Octo Shot, and Rebekah her Slosher. They ran at the Octarian army and splat as many as they could...except one. An Octotrooper ended up smiling at Lana inoccently...

Cephalobro

As Coral, Clam, and Kelp got out of the buses toward the facility, they noticed how effortless this mission was thanks to a now larger army on their side. Splatting the enemy Octarians who got in their way, including the guards was easy enough. The Octarians at the facility didn't stand a chance since they couldn't fight back from the surprise attack. They quickly ran inside to save the captured Inklings.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana was holding the lil' trooper the whole time. :P)

Cephalobro

As they found the room containing the Inklings, they quickly found a key that wasn't so closely guarded. Coral went to quickly unlock the door. Releasing all the Inklings trapped inside, Kelp leads them out of the facility and back to the base, Clam was waiting at the door for everyone to leave, after which he contacted the General to blow up the facility. General Anemone gave Coral, Clam, Kelp and the Inklings as well as anyone else who ran in with them to get out of the facility before he destroys it. As the Octocopters prepare to go to place the bombs on the facility, it exploded on its own without anyone's action. General Anemone and everyone else back at the base was confused.

Coral: *turns around to see the explosion* Okay? How the heck did that happen?

Kelp: *also turns around to see it* Okay?

Clam: *does the same* Was it because of faulty wiring?

Everyone in the army was confused about how that happened in the first place, no one set it off. But maybe the General can explain despite him also being confused about this situation.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Someone please notice the Octotrooper Lana "adopted." :P)

Cephalobro

Kelp then takes a look at the Octotrooper that Lana has "adopted", hoping for the confusion to go away naturally. "Daw, look at that widdle Octo, so cute.", she said as her heart melted figuratively.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

As the army return to the base, they wait for General Anemone to explain just what happened inside that made the facility explode on its own. "So, we ran a scan of that place before it exploded and it turns out, the wiring was faulty as all heck, even with ends poking out right next to some volatile substance. I'm going to say it's that substance that destroyed the facility. How funny something unseen can win the race." he finished, trying his best not to laugh at the coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom