• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral was relieved to have saved the Inklings' lives just in time, he thought that the army would get the blame if they couldn't return the Inklings to Inkopolis alive. Clam made a suggestion for General Anemone.

Clam: So General Anemone, after the next facility, do you want to call someone to pick up these Inklings and return them to Inkopolis?

General Anemone responded, "Yes, I have noticed that when we had so many Inklings in here, the base began to get crowded. So after we destroy the next facility, I'm going to try to send these Inklings back to Inkopolis. But for right now, we should rest before journeying again to the next facility, overconfidence is a recipe for failure after all." he explained.

Cephalobro

(I am thinking of writing a fanfic featuring Coral and Clam's parents during the Ringed-Crimson war taking place during the time in which neither Clam nor Coral was born yet and it would happen during the course of 3 in-universe years. Although I'm an amateur at best, I think it's the passion that counts.)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(That’s very true. I have written as well (and trust me I worked on it a lot) and I think you could probobly do stuff. Also sorry for my absence. I had tests every day this week because it is nearing finals (kinda) so I wasn’t able to do this. But I’m back now! What happened when I was gone?)

Cephalobro

(That’s very true. I have written as well (and trust me I worked on it a lot) and I think you could probobly do stuff. Also sorry for my absence. I had tests every day this week because it is nearing finals (kinda) so I wasn’t able to do this. But I’m back now! What happened when I was gone?)
(Basically, after the whole traitor mess, one day later, Off the Hook came by to pick up the Inklings who were rescued from the previous two facilities.

We just destroyed the third facility, which was easier than we thought since it had lousy security to begin with and it had the worst wiring job ever, even some of the ends of the wire poking out, one those ends just so happened to be near an explosive substance, thankfully, the Inklings captured there were rescued in time. Now before that, on the day in which Off the Hook came, Calamari Inkantation blasted through the Valley.

Many Crimson Octarian stragglers heard it and now they are freed, with already many Crimsons on the Ringed army, General Anemone made it a requirement to pick the stragglers up, and it just so happens that they are on the route between facilities that he has planned, now off course, there aren't any near the already destroyed facilities or on the route of them.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(Just a heads up, I'm not going to be able to do much RPing in the duration of April since I'm going to be very busy with my college stuff, but when I do finish everything, I'm going to return. If I can, I'll get a few posts in this, so the story will still continue, but it will be physically slow in April.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

After everyone has changed back to their usual clothing, Coral and Clam were seen at the arcade, Kelp is sitting down, watching them with her sister.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rebekah is chilling on the couch, and Lana and Noah are playing a video game together. (Lana wanted to play a racing game, but Noah insisted on one where you shoot zombies.)

Cephalobro

As the night rolled on by, everyone went to sleep to get ready for the next day. Coral and Kelp wonder if the Inklings will accept them and their species on the surface, if there are those who still hate Octarians as a whole and if they should watch out for those kinds of Inklings. On the other hand, the Inklings on the surface might not even notice unless they see someone from the Tentacle Troop walking around the populated areas. One thing is certain, once they get there. Them and the other Octolings will have to push for the rights for the tentacle Octarians, they protected them after all, so it is only fair for Octolings to return the favor and fight for the tentacle Octarians' rights.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana's Octotrooper seemed curious about an open box in the corner.

Cephalobro

As the screens in Octo Valley brightened, Coral woke up early, feeling a bit down after knowing that he's still under the artificial sky, the only day where he got to see the natural sky was when he took up a shift at Grizzz Co., this is one of his incentives to help both Octarian species reach the surface and enjoy the pleasure of being under a real sky. He remembers the time when his father used to talk to him about the surface being a great place to live in, this only makes his desire to reach the surface grow even more.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas and Anubi both wake up and start what will become their normal routine. Wake up very early, eat a quick breakfast, train, then meet up with the others at the time the others will be waking up to eat their breakfast.

Silas opens his eyes to Anubi standing over him, snapping his fingers. “Wake up sleepy head, we got a day of training ahead of us!” Silas groans but gets up anyway. He usually gets up early, but not this early. They both have a quick meal before heading over to the sparring grounds, which is a cross betweeen a gym and a obstacle course. Anubi chooses some stealth training today. “Ok so what I want you to do is pick up one of these 3 balls without me noticing.” He says placing the balls on pedastles. “I suggest you do this without me noticing because if you don’t then it will hurt” he says, gesturing to his scythe.

(Writer had to do other things, so let’s just say it’s didnt go so well for Silas and he learned a bit of stealth. They are now meeting with everyone else so that’s where I am in the RP)

Cephalobro

Clam wakes up due to the talking between Silas and Anubi, he just quietly goes to the hub of the base. Once he got there, he notices that Coral got there before him, already wearing the armor and sitting on the couch, still feeling down.

Clam: What's wrong, bro? *sitting next to Coral*

Coral: Well, it seems like our whole life was only lived under the artificial sky of Octo Valley, when I took up that GrizzCo. shift, I noticed how good it is to feel that natural wind. I caught a glimpse of the natural sky during the day through those doors of the Inkopolis's GrizzCo. building.

Clam: Well don't worry, someday, we will reach the surface and not have to live under these artificial skyboxes anymore. I talked to Anemone the other day and he told me about his plans. We will make an Octarian town on the surface, specifically on the abandoned part of Inkopolis, this is where we will have one of each Octarian species being the leader of the town. He told me that it will be a male Octoling from one of the two species while the other will be a female Octoling from the opposite species, but they will have equal power over the town. This will hopefully also reunify our species on a genetic level as well.

(Just this week and the next for my first semester to finish, but it looks like I will be able to get more free time the more these last two weeks continue.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Kelp walks in the room, wearing her armor and sits next to Coral.

Kelp: I heard what you said, I'm sure we will reach the surface.

Clam: And we will fight those who will try to keep us from reaching it.

Coral: Thanks guys, I really needed that morale boost.

Just then, General Anemone talked through the intercoms, "Another day, another trip to another facility, now we had such an easy time with this one, unfortunately, the one we are going next has layers and layers of tight security, the first case of there being many Octamazons outside guarding it. But don't you worry, I already made sure we will win against them and get access to the inside." he then continues saying. "I found out about that facility and that's where they have one of their most important secrets. We will go there to learn their secrets by taking a specific file from their office, with the knowledge of the secret, we will be able to exploit their weaknesses!" he then finishes, "I also heard that there are many Ringed Octarians being held there as prisoners along with Inklings, we will off course rescue both and as per usual, we are going to destroy that facility so that they won't be able to use it anymore."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
When they go to the facility the next day, the Octamazons guarding the facility are ready.

"Stand down, Inklings!" one says.

"Wait a minute..."

"Those tentacles. They're not..."

"Have we been sent to fight..."

Suddenly, they all jolt, and their expressions turn blank.

"Target acquired. Seek and destroy."

Cephalobro

As Coral, Kelp, and Clam along with the rest of the army encounter the Octamazons, this is proving disastrous.

Coral: Yikes! They surrounded us with ease!

Clam: This is not good at all!

Just then, an Octamazon said, "Ha! Do you think we would let you destroy another one of our buildings? You Ringeds must be so stupid!"

Kelp: Wait, you're not wearing your goggles?

(This is where we encounter the first of many Octarians who are loyal to DJ Octavio.)

The Octamazon then answered with a cold reply "Of course not, you stupid Ringed scum! DJ Octavio is trying to save you from those ugly squid monsters on the surface, but you betrayed him!"

While this was going on, Coral called General Anemone.

Coral: General, this is bad, we can't do much against these Octamazons. We need backup!

General Anemone replied, "I feared this day would come, hang in there, I'm going to send help!"

After a few minutes pass, the Octospartans showed up, one of them said "Ew, more ugly hags!" while pointing his Blaster toward a group of the Octamazons. Another Octamazon said, "Ha, I would like to see you try to take us down!", after she said that, she exploded from a sniper shot far away. It was then revealed that it was Shark who shot her, "Keep babbling on, you will only weaken yourselves even more." he said as he chuckled.

Insult after insult from both Elite groups, a battle between the Octospartans and the Octamazons eventually erupted. A lot of ink being flung and shot from both sides. The rest of the army used that to escape. Clam, Coral, and Kelp used this as an opportunity to help the Octospartans win this battle.

Clam: *Grabs one of the Octamazons by the leg and slams her into the ground multiple times.* Ha! How do you like it being in constant trouble?! Because you do this to us all the time!

Coral: *Shoots another Octamazon with his Octo Shot* Not so smart now, are you?

Kelp: *Strikes yet another Octamazon on the head with her roller* And this is for being cold with us!

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rebekah grabbed Coral's arm before he could do anything more. "Stop! The ones with shades are hypnotized," she said. "Hold on a moment."

She stopped the Octospartans from attacking the hypnotized Octamazons, then, dodging their attacks, pulled off their sunglasses one by one. The confused Octolings rubbed their eyes, and Rebekah got them to safety and explained to them what happened while Lana and Noah were helping fight the loyalists.

Cephalobro

While the Octospartans stopped going after the Octamazons who had goggles on, they kept fighting the loyalists. Coral, Clam, and Kelp managed to slip through the defenses. After a short time, the loyalists were wiped out, except for one. The Octospartans chuckled and said to the last Octamazon who is a loyalist, "You mess with our dudes and dudettes, you pay the price!", after which two of the Octospartans started a wrestling match against her, she didn't stand a chance.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rebekah looked around, then slipped off into the facility to retrieve the file while the Octospartans were fighting the last Octamazon. There were a few tentacle Octotroopers, but she defeated them easily.

She had to stop when she saw the face of an Octostamp who was about to attack and blushed. "Aww, you're too cute!"

The Octostamp looked confused, then smiled a little.

Rebekah returned with the file in one hand and the Stamp in the other arm, grinning. "I'm baaack~!" (couldn't resist :P)

Cephalobro

Coral, Kelp, and Clam along with their allies slip into the facility to free the Inklings and the Ringed Octarians trapped inside. After they freed them, Coral, Clam, and Kelp decided to thin out the number of guards by splatting them. Although, some of the Crimson Octohurlers didn't want to attack them out of fear of being splatted. "Don't hurt us!", they exclaimed, taking off their binoculars. Clam decided to lead them out as long as they don't support DJ Octavio anymore, to which they agreed and followed Clam outside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom