The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral: In return, we are rescuing Inklings who were captured by the enemy. The facility that we will storm today holds the final group of Inklings that need to be rescued. We still have the Inklings that we rescued from the previous facility and will send them back to Inkopolis along with the Inklings we will rescue today.

Cephalobro

Kelp: You can help us find the prison cell that they keep the Inklings in as well as the central computer of the facility.

Clam goes outside to tell the bad news to the group.

Clam: I have some bad news, I talked to the General about the final facility and it looks like the security there has been ramped up big time. From what I remember, he said that both the grunts and the elites are set on the front lines and also detected hypnotism signals emanating from the inside. Not only that, but he said that the rest of the Sanitized Octarians are inside guarding the prison cells.

Coral: Yikes, they really don't want us going in there. But we have to, that facility is using up a lot of power, if we don't destroy it, the usage of power will be a surefire way of having the entire valley collapse before we make it to the surface.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral: Not on this one, the enemy has been getting more aggressive lately. Probably because we stole all of their supplies from the previous facility that we destroyed.

Kelp: That and because they don't want us to live if we have to live free from DJ Octavio's influence.

Clam: Which makes fighting his army our only choice for both our freedom and survival.

Ocean hears the others explain things to the Inklings and she decides to help by going outside.

Ocean: Thankfully, defectors who joined us brought a secret weapon that the enemy is afraid we will use, it's in the form of a song called Calamari Inkantation. You may have heard it before, but it's an anti-hypnotism song, we don't know how it breaks someone from hypnotism, but it does.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"It probably blocked out the usual music playing across the valley," Lana replied. "It was a new sound that was nothing like what we had heard before. It made us think of different things, er...differently. Such a different experience could have changed the minds and thus the hearts of us Octolings."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Oh, and it's been a year, so Lana's Inkling has gotten considerably better, though she isn't without her mistakes.)

Cephalobro

Coral: We should probably get some breakfast now before the meeting starts. We will need all the energy we can get to storm the final facility.

Kelp: My uncle definitely wants the facility taken down today. This will be our most important battle yet.

Clam: All the more reasons to be careful, one wrong move can jeopardize our advantage.

Ocean: The final facility being taken down will mean the end of DJ Octavio's influence on Octo Valley completely, he will be forced to move to Octo Canyon.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana's eyes lit up. "And then we'll finally be able to go home?"

Cephalobro

Coral: Yes, our new home on the surface. Just talking about it gives me excitement!

Clam: Priorities first, we will need to make sure nobody is left behind, I think we will be organized into search parties to look for survivors.

Kelp: My uncle told me that his tech team has developed a better bio scanner, its signal will basically go through all kinds of walls and allow us to find any living being we need to bring with us to the surface.

Ocean: Since the only wildlife here are sparrows and starfish, my unit already caught every single one of them so we can release them later once we get to the surface.

Last edited:

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
Lizzy : (Following them with grant and striker) WOAh Woah woah, Hold on a second. You're secret weapon ... IS calamari inkantation? Ocatvio Will totally be prepared for that.

Cephalobro

Coral: He could be prepared for that, but we are also prepared for any dirty tricks he might pull, such as shutting down the entirety of Octo Valley because we would play the song on speakers.

Clam: We will connect them to a super-powerful battery so there will be no way of stopping the song even if all of Octo Valley shut down.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"If Octavio shuts down all of Octo Valley...what could happen? With all the domes shutting down..."

Cephalobro

Kelp: Well, he would be at an even bigger disadvantage if the whole Valley is shut down for too long, aside from a faint glow that everyone emits, he wouldn't be able to see us coming. Besides, all of these platforms would come crashing down instantly, which would harm him more than it would help him.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"But what about us? What if the shutdown goes too far and we die before we escape?" Lana wasn't feeling very analytical at that moment.

Cephalobro

Ocean: Then we would never be able to see the light of day, but looking at many factors, it's unlikely that death would be the result, especially considering my uncle worked to install hover techniques for things that weigh tons like the buses.

Cephalobro

Coral: Either way, we should not stick around to see what really happens. The mission won't accomplish itself after all.

Clam: He's right, while we are in this nightmare, we are here together, working to beat it and be done with it. While we could just leave at that one kettle after storming the final facility, we aren't cowards. We will find all the survivors we can before escaping Octo Valley, General Anemone would be very disappointed in all of us if we just decided to leave the rest to die.

Kelp: The possibility of the domes crashing down on us is scary, but having the possible guilt of leaving others behind while they are being crushed is even scarier.

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
Striker: That is exactly what think, but there is one problem I can see. From all that I know about Hachi, I know he always reports the strength of any foes , Thats how we almost didn't defeat Octavio before, which is why, and I hate to say this , we will need him if this is going to succeed.

Cephalobro

Coral: One of the Octospartans will interrogate him and I will help with the interrogation.

Clam: Wait, is it to do the good cop/bad cop dynamic? If so, then that's a good way to get anyone to cooperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom