• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral: Then I hope you're ready for the biggest battles of your life, because I have a feeling that the enemy is super serious this time around.

Cephalobro

The buses arrive at a place close enough to the final facility. After the buses stopped, General Anemone talked through the intercoms "We have arrived, warriors. Some of you may be nervous, but remember that this is the freedom that we are fighting for, fighting for our chance for a better life that the surface provides and fighting for those of our loved ones who perished under the rubble." he begins.

"Before we go into this mission, meet me outside and I'll show you what to expect. Remember, this is not the time to be playing around, we all are going in on this. I expect you to have a lot of courage, this is going to be our most difficult battle yet, but don't give up, not when we have won all of the important battles starting with acquiring the buses." he continues.

"We are the ones who will finish the war before they finish it for us. But for that to happen, don't even think about giving up!" he finishes. The doors of the buses open and everyone heads outside. General Anemone is seen looking at the enemy army, a huge number of them in front of the final facility. He then turns around to see his own army right before him and the buses merging again.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana releases her bun, revealing longer hair than most of the other Octolings, and readies her Brella.

Cephalobro

"You know the drill, Octolings make one line and the other Octarians another line." General Anemone begins with the mission briefing. "The Octostrikers will try to reduce enemy numbers as much as possible before the rest of us go into battle. I would also appreciate picking off the more dangerous enemy units from afar, which is what the Octosnipers as well as any Octoling with a charger will try to do. Once their numbers are reduced enough, everyone is to fight the enemy. I along with the other Octohurlers will try to take out lanes of enemies who might be planning a sneak attack. Once we win the battle outside, regroup and wait for my orders before you go into the facility." he explains. "Take some time before going to battle so you can get rid of the uneasiness you might have."

Meanwhile, Coral does have some uneasiness, this isn't going to be a typical battle he was used to, he knew that.

Coral: I'm nervous about this, you know, the fact that we are risking everything we have for our chance to escape.

Clam: The important thing is to stay strong, our parents would always want us to. I remember the day when dad told us he promised that we would move to Inkopolis and that mom would always smile when she heard that.

Hearing about how they were originally going to move to Inkopolis made Coral become more confident as it's now his goal to keep the promise that his dad made.

Coral: Hardest battle or not, I will keep doing my absolute best out there. I'm not going to let some DJ keep me down here. I'm ready to fight!

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Getting an idea when her hair keeps distracting her, Lana chops off her long locks and four Octotroopers join the team.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"I wield a Brella," Lana said. "What should I do?"

Cephalobro

General Anemone looks at Lana and the other Brella wielders, "You and the other Brella users will need to cover for the Splatling users and the Octocommanders, this will allow them to mow down a big part of the enemy's troops." he says as he brings out his radar. "They will give you a heads up when they are ready, the Octocommanders will let you know by waving their tentacles. Remember to move out of the way once they give you the signal."

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana nodded, swallowing hard. "Okay. This is the last one. After that we can go home. Right?"

Cephalobro

General Anemone looks at his plans, "Yes, we can start our journey to the surface once this battle ends. I will send search parties to look everywhere in Octo Valley to make sure we are not leaving anyone behind.", General Anemone then looked at Lana's hair and then at the Octotroopers that came from cutting it, "Those four Octotroopers will be sent back to the base so they can be safe."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Okay," Lana replied, then tested her Brella to see if it opened properly and such.

Cephalobro

General Anemone looks at the group of Octostrikers who are ready to launch Inkstrikes at his command. "Okay Octostriker unit, start launching Inkstrikes in hexagonal points around the enemy."

As per General Anemone's command, the Octostrikers launched the Inkstrikes on six spots where the enemy army is standing, the six spots that would make a hexagon shape if they were connected. While much of the enemy tried to get away from the inknadoes, a huge number of them were splatted, with a variety of different enemy units now being ink. More Inkstrikes were being launched until the Octostrikers ran out of them. While the enemy numbers are still large, the Inkstrikes put a reasonable dent in them.

"Your turn, charger wielders and Octosnipers. I need you to target the enemy's Octolings, Octocommanders and Octobombers." he commanded his sniper team. Shark is the first one to shoot.

Shark: *Aiming at an Octamazon* See ya never. *splats the unsuspecting enemy Octoling*

The Octosnipers then started shooting the enemy Octocommanders, splatting each one of them. The Octolings using chargers went on to splat the Octamazons and the Octobombers, further reducing the chance of the enemy stopping General Anemone's army from winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom