• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Funny Moments Thread

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Oh-oh ! I had a really funny moment ! Well... Multiple since all i do is not take the game seriously. But this one take the cherry on the cake;

It was in arowana mall. My team was loosing baddly and when we finally got back the control for our side, i get up on the left snipping side around the middle to notice an ennemy in our turf. So i back up, try to splat the ennemy who happen to be climbing the ramp to get me, i see a team-mates try and splat the foe, of course me and my team-mates both miss. My dynamo roller couldn't handle the quick shooter ! BUT, when i flicked my roller on the foe while he jumped down we happen to kill each other off, leaving both kill cam right in front of each-other on the ground. And then it's when it all happen. My team-mate come and make sure he's right between us after i booyah'd at him for surviving and he SQUID BAG.

He just want there, booyah'd back and then squidbag. And i was laughing to tears, japaneses player are the best. I love them so much, i love that guy. That was amazing ahah. I still remember it like it was yesterday. It was so random and perfect, just. Perfect, and how he booyah'd before squid-bagging like he was saying ''Don't worry i got it !''. Love it, love it UvU

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can recall three of my favorite moments.
  1. During one of the first splatfests I had just started using the L-3 Nozzlenose and was pretty hooked on the thing. Then one match on Walleye Warehouse I see this guy pop a bubbler, and in response I pulled out my Killer Wail and put it right in front of them. Turns out that the Killer Wail pushes Bubblers and Krakens with a lot of force, so the squid got stuck on a corner until his special ran out and got splatted.
  2. I've always heard of people pushing Bubblers into the water or into an abyss, but I've never been able to do it myself (mostly due to a lack of either on a lot of maps). Then one glorious day on Bluefin Depot I just so happen to find a guy who wanted to take on my Heavy Splatling with a bubbler on one of the pathways conecting the "bases". So I charge up and fire away, knocking them down into the water and laughing at my first "ring-out" ever.
  3. There was a time where I tried to play on Saltspray Rig to have some fun. One day I saw a surprise Kraken headed straight for me, so I panicked and used my Special Weapon, which just so happened to be a Killer Wail. Here's my train of thought in a nutshell: :scared::confused::(o_O:);):D:cool:

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I was moving up one of the pathways on Port Mackerel when an enemy took out their Killer Wail. I took out my kraken and got passed it and splatted their teammate. I then went after them, but they started running away in the "safety" of their wail so I jumped in to get a bit of an extra boost and splatted them :P.

IoCal

Inkling
Today I was using a scoped charger while standing behind a small wall. While I was charging a shot, an enemy shooter decides to climb up the other side of the wall to take me out. Because of the scope, all I saw was a giant inkling popping up right in my face and I freaked out. The sad thing is that if I had not been laughing my head off, I could have just splatted him. Nope. He splatted me instead.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
On a match of Moray Towers, I got the wall on the back of that tower e-liters camp on inked when the enemies weren't looking by jumping off for a moment and throwing a splat bomb. I hid there, and then whenever someone would jump from the above tower, I would get up and splat them from behind, and they were constantly dying to me for the rest of the match because none of them bothered to look for me, or even just take the other route. We won the game really quickly after that.

NNID
Geomancy-paw
Ooh, I've got one! Once I was at Moray Towers with my Custom Hydra playing some kind of ranked match (Rainmaker I think). I was heading over to one side of the stage when I backed up to charge my weapon, and this E-liter is standing on a ledge just above me. I notice she's pointing her laser at me, so I put my Bubbler up. And she sits there, with her laser pointed directly at me, waiting for my Bubbler to run out while I was charging. But the joke was on her, 'cause I got a full charge before my Bubbler ran out and when I fired at her, she didn't move 'cause I don't think she expected me to be able to hit her from that distance, so she got splatted and it was the most beautiful thing. I don't even remember if I won or not but I was laughing too hard to really care; beating ****y snipers is literally the best thing ever, lmao.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Lobby immediately has four level 50 S-ranks in it, among/in addition to whom I see several squad prefixes. Doesn't look good, especially considering all but two of the players present when the game starts are Japanese, and I haven't had any luck with them lately (when I can stay in Turf at all). On top of that, one of my team DCs right on spawn.

30 seconds in, I'm feeling more optimistic as a) I haven't been booted yet and b) I'm actually managing to cover ground and get a few splats in despite the odds. In fact, I kept passing little groups of players from both teams goofing around. It looked like they were letting us win since we'd lost a teamo - an occurrence I'd heard of happening but had yet to actually experience!

Come to find out, most of those probably-usually-totally-hardcore players were just partying and messing around. Most of them were on my team the second match, and we ended up losing by the same amount my team had won the match before. I didn't even mind, tbh, I was just happy to be able to actually play for a change, and near the end after I'd circled Kelp Dome twice and taken out a few other serious players, I just partied with them for a bit.

Third match I stayed in the lobby to see what would happen and if the good times would keep on rolling...and we all got booted about a minute in. Server maintenance strikes again XD

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now I have a rule about squidbagging: if you're gonna do it, then expect to have it done to you in return.

Such was the case with this E-Liter guy the other day. He managed to splat me, and squidbagged me for the better part of a second-and-a-half. I exacted revenge upon him later in the game, headbutting him with a Kraken and spending the next two seconds whirling around like an idiot. Later in the game I noticed that he managed to do unto my teammate what he did to me earlier, so I felt compelled to avenge him in the same way... only for the E-Liter's buddy to splat me while in the middle of it and squidbag me back.

I'm not really a big fan of turning a battle into Squidbag Central, but considering how it turned out I think I can let this one slide.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
You that moment, when you and an enemy squid cross paths unexpectedly and you both frantically try to turn around and shoot each other? That happened to me while I was using an E Litre. A blaster swam by me and we both panicked and shot at each other to the point where we both ran out of ink and just stood there hopping in each others ink until my teammate came and rescued me.

Now, anytime I happen across an enemy, I think of this and laugh.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
You that moment, when you and an enemy squid cross paths unexpectedly and you both frantically try to turn around and shoot each other? That happened to me while I was using an E Litre. A blaster swam by me and we both panicked and shot at each other to the point where we both ran out of ink and just stood there hopping in each others ink until my teammate came and rescued me.

That happened in one of my first splatfests haha. I was using the 3K and ran into a dynamo. We both had just ran out of ink and tried to take each other out just when time was up.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993

I've done ring-around-the-roller so often at this point it's gone beyond hilarious every time it happens :'D
If they don't swish-and-flick or straight up roll over me, we end up doing the dance of death around each other until we both run dry.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A blaster swam by me and we both panicked and shot at each other to the point where we both ran out of ink and just stood there hopping in each others ink until my teammate came and rescued me.
And thus, Squid Partying was born ;)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
WARNING: The following is what we call "black humor," as it is indeed getting some laughs at someone else's expense.

Now I know people hate on Moray Towers for being so charger-friendly, but I have to say, it's pretty hilarious to snipe people from below as they're falling from the towers. (Another idea stolen from WhiteHawke, but hey, if it works it works.)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to do that last night, on account of A) Using the Splatterscope, which isn't as suited to the task, and B) Never getting a chance to get into the enemy's base to try it.

Instead, my teammates filled that role. All three of them huddled on the lowest section of their base, all prepared to gang up on any sucker dumb enough to fall down there from the tower below. I relegated myself to hanging around the back lines, splatting anyone who tried to go around or managed to break through. That in itself provided another source of comedy, as the two rollers on their team would often try to go the long way around to the center, only to stop dead in their tracks when they saw my laser and turn tail.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
Ah jeez-- I know ive had so many but the main ones I can remember is going against bubblers in mahimahi resort and being able to shoot them off into the water before they get me. Its the funniest thing to me.
A couple other moments ive had: fooling krakens into trying to swim over grates in mahi mahi resort (and occasionally camp triggerfish!)
There was a time when I annoyed a pair of snipers into leaving a match simply because they annoyed me. It was on the museum, and theyd be up on the typical perch next to the spinning thing and id hide behind a wall with ninja squid and id throw an occasional burst bomb at them and catch them off guard to try and aim at me and by that time, im already hiding behind the wall again- i dont remember ever splatting them ACTUALLY but i know I did annoy them a lot by pushing them around with annoying burst bombs, hehe

EDIT: by the way i didnt make them turn off the wiiu or anything, by the time i was in the next game, they were gone. so i figured it annoyed them (to be fair their team also lost..)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
fooling krakens into trying to swim over grates in mahi mahi resort (and occasionally camp triggerfish!
Oh, I once had a cute moment like that. Myself and a Charger on my team were, probably in TC, holding the fort on our side of Triggerfish in the main lane. In fairly quick succession, two opponents chased us down with their Kraken and we ran onto the netting, causing them to fall through; both times, we basically hi-fived each other with a 'Nice!'.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Many moons ago, back in the spring, there was a Turf match on Moray that had me confused.

The other team repeatedly, rather than inking any turf, made straight for one of the boxes/air handlers/whatever they are on the landing just above mid, on our side. They would then, all four of them, gather up there and try to splat anyone coming down the ramp at them. Over, and over, and over... I finally started feeling bad about just splatting them constantly and went off to go cover their turf.

Later I got the feeling they'd all come from an extended stay in Rank and had just forgotten which mode they were in :'D

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Maybe lag maybe not I was playing twin on TC Arowana... I jumped to the tower and landed below the stage it was all white, we lost that match because it took so long to fall it was weird...
Also yesterday I was sniping a person, kept sniping... heard the sniping sound, you know, 3 times, then they died, and then poofed... lmao saltspray rig sniping is easy and fun!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I consider getting squished by a Roller to be a very humbling experience. Among lower skill levels it's fine, because they haven't really learned how vulnerable a rolling squiddo is, but when it happens to more experienced players? You'd be wise to take a minute and reconsider your life choices. At least, that's how I felt when I got mowed down by one while trying to climb a wall.

Also, and this one actually kinda bugged me as much as it amused me: Me and a teammate were ambushed by an enemy squid. In the ensuing scuffle, the foe and I splatted each other. I don't know if my teammate helped out at all, but for some reason he then started squidbagging where we'd died.

That's just kinda irritating to me. I mean... If you're gonna taunt your opponent, go ahead, but when it's somebody else's kill...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Got this on recording too...

I was playing splat zones as a scoped splat charger on Mahi Mahi with I jumped from off the right entrance to the mid to avoid a sonic wail, water started going down and I went over to under the walled platform as an elite went up the wall to the rising platform and missed 3 times.
Then as the writer reaches the top I splat him literally by hitting a shoe from underneath the platform. Then I went afk cause I walked out the room

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Got this on recording too...

I was playing splat zones as a scoped splat charger on Mahi Mahi with I jumped from off the right entrance to the mid to avoid a sonic wail, water started going down and I went over to under the walled platform as an elite went up the wall to the rising platform and missed 3 times.
Then as the writer reaches the top I splat him literally by hitting a shoe from underneath the platform. Then I went afk cause I walked out the room
Fun fact, Camp Triggerfish is another good map to go shoe-hunting ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom