• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Funny Moments Thread

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Several matches in one sitting yesterday, I ended up being on a team of three Splash-o-Matics and one random other weapon. Random Other Weapon got completely ignored as the rest of us immediately fell into a heated competition to determine Alpha Splasho status.

I won every time.
BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW ALPHA, INFERIOR-O-MATICS.

---

Arowana Mall, later in the same session...my Troublesome Friend and I are on opposing teams. We meet up in mid, and proceed to...turf straight past each other and just go about our business. We should do that more often XD

---

75% of the lobby was carrying things with Inkstrikes. So many Inkstrikes. A never-ending forest of Inkstrikes. NO PLACE WAS SAFE.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
75% of the lobby was carrying things with Inkstrikes. So many Inkstrikes. A never-ending forest of Inkstrikes. NO PLACE WAS SAFE.
So it was basically the Splatoon version of the Cold War gone wrong? I've been there (on the recieving end of a last second quad Inkstrike to the base o_O)

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
So it was basically the Splatoon version of the Cold War gone wrong? I've been there (on the recieving end of a last second quad Inkstrike to the base o_O)
I thought I'd seen the worst of it one time in Walleye, but this...this was truly both amazing and demoralizing at the same time XD

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought I'd seen the worst of it one time in Walleye, but this...this was truly both amazing and demoralizing at the same time XD
Oddly enough, it was at Walleye as well o_O. But I still think that nothing beats the "Can You Hear Me" :killerwail::killerwail::killerwail:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So this kinda glitch I found on rainmaker on Ancho V games, so I played new squiffer here a hid on the arcade table off the ledge and was hiding on top of it sniping people from behind (they had two scoped eliters)
So honestly the custom eliter had it and kraken and jumped at me while I was still on it and he got stuck, suspended over in an indefinite jump until the special ended.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think it's kind of odd how I've been playing this game for a whole year, and only now have I been blessed with the sight of someone trying to roll over a Splat Bomb. I guess that makes up for the slight overabundance of people who manage to fall off the map from their spawn (myself included).

Then there was the time I was trying to run away from a Carbon Roller with my Splatterscope. Out of sheer dumb luck I'd avoided getting caught by his initial swings, but I then screwed up myself by clumsily firing uncharged shots at him rather than, y'know, fleeing. So there was a good 3 seconds where I was just backing away firing as he was slowly inching forward, swinging away somewhat futilely; eventually we caught up with each other, getting a mutual splat in.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
All of the players on the enemy team were shooting at the Rainmaker shield while really close together, so I attempted to attack them from behind and I was sure I'd be able to get a quad splat. All of them turned into a Kraken just before I could splat them, and I was laughing too hard to even attempt to run away from them.

And in Bluefin, someone had just thrown a Splash wall as I turned into a Kraken to chase him, and it landed very close to the base of the grated walkway. I tried to maneuver around it and go through the small area left uncovered, but I hit the wall, which knocked me back into the walkway, and I fell through. He then proceeded to swim through his wall and advance further into our side of the map, towards the center rather than upwards. But right as I fell through, I started to hold right, and since I was still a Kraken, I was able to attach myself to the wall and start climbing up, and then I chased and splatted him just before my special ran out.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Oooh! I have some really cool ones!

Okay, so there was this time that I was playing as the Kelp Splatterscope on HammerHead Bridge and I was being pressured by an aerospray that was just barely outside my field of vision. I really didn't want to give up my position, but I thought I'd have to but just as I was about to leave Killer Wail had fully charged. And I wondered "Could I trap him in that corner with a sprinkler?". I threw it a bit behind him and then aimed my killer wail at him. He tried to escape, but the sprinkler slowed him down just enough for the Killer Wail to splat him.

I was also playing on Museum d' Alfonzo when I saw an enemy super jump icon. I began charging my shot, but about halfway through I got an even better idea! I placed a sprinkler right on top of the Super Jump icon and got what was most likely the first sprinkler kill in all of Splatoon.

I also was playing on Piranha Pit and riding the enemy's ramp. I noticed an enemy e-liter who apparently was not aware of my presence quite yet. I rode the ramp up 90% of the way and at the last second I jumped and shot and killed the e-liter instantaneously!

And last but not least I was playing on Urchin Underpass and one of the squids on the enemy team was slinking around in the corner trying to guard his buddy's super jump. I was behind the ramp on my side, so they couldn't see my site. I did a very small jump and killed them both in one fell swoop!

I really think I should have started using chargers AGES ago!!!

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
I got two more scenarios you guys!

Okay, so I was playing as the Kelp Splat Charger on Morray Towers and I was trying to drag my site to this Splattershot Jr. He ended up activating his Bubbler as I prepared to fire, which led me to back off for a bit. I then pointed my site at him again and I was gonna try and splat him right when his Bubbler ran out. I ended up shooting a bit earlier than I thought his Bubbler would last and I was like "Squit, I just blew that one". I then realized that I had actually pushed him off the edge causing him to fall to his death and then I was like "Of course! All according to plan!".

I was playing this one match on Walleye Warehouse where I was taking potshots at what I believe was a Carbon Roller. Unfortunately he managed to close the gap and ended up splatting me. He then proceeded to mercilessly squidbag my corpse.

But just then a friendly blaster came along flanked him, killed him, and squidbagged him. But it gets better my other two teammates join in, so I have three other squids gleefully squid partying on his grave and I start to press the Booyah button and they proceed to join me and everybody proceeds to mash the Booyah button.

Never in my life have I witnessed such a beautiful display of solidarity (and disrespect!)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Okay so yesterday I couldn't stop laughing. I went in tower control on blackberry skatepark as a carb. and as I went to the tower I snap to the ledge and jump as a .52 gal toss a wall on top of me, propelling me forward as I press zr causing me to not only splat him but also his friend who was a couple of feet behind him all in the same motion due to the speed boost from the splash wall

Maave

Inkling Commander
I got in a Charger standoff. I was playing E-Liter on Walleye Warehouse TC and I head left to the perches. As I'm standing on the grate I see someone coming up so I walk left to cover myself with the corner and start charging. A Hydra comes up the platform and starts charging. We can see each other through a transparent inkproof area of the wall, both charged up, neither one willing to move. We just stared at each other for several seconds. I jumped up and down a few times and he joined in, then we both backed out without fighting.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
I've had some pretty wacky things happen to me since I've gone from C- to A+ on my charger alt. So I've got a bit of an update for you guys and this story is by far my favorite.

I was on Museum D' Alfonzo and I was sniping with my charger and I got pushed into "the pit of death" by those rotating gallery displays.

I land right next to a Carbon Roller and I'm like "f***" He quickly proceeds to back me into the corner and I'm like "Sh*t there's nowhere for me to go and there's no way I can escape by super jumping. He's simply too close!"

I then got a wickedly deceitful idea. I attempted to initiate a squid party by rapidly squid kidding which they gladly joined.

I'm imagining they must've thought I was surrendering, but when they turned their back to me I charged a shot 3/4 of the way and killed them. I'll bet I gave them a lifetime of trust issues following that incident. I'm such a d***!

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
So I Super Jumped into little shooting match between two opponents and a teammate, upon landing, I threw a Splash Wall at the two, the wall killed them both, and I died as well. I was laughing at that trade right there.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I got my teammate completely dunked on by mistake. A kraken came after me on Ancho-V so I lifted the fan platform and jumped to the uninkable box. The kraken follows a second later, misses the box and nails my bystander teammate instead. It was a perfect arc right into him, I felt bad about the setup but was laughing too hard at the stylish slam dunk

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Troublesome Friend's friends have been popping into our hide & seek rooms pretty often these days, so it's a pretty common occurrence to hear the two of us SCHING! SCHING! into the lobby...and then when one or more others also appear, there's a flurry on messaging of WHO'S THIS, FRIEND OF YOURS?, to which the answer is almost always LOL IDK MAYBE.

Monday night someone he does know from Tumblr pops in. S+, 50, damage-stacking e-liter. Turned out to be a cool squid though, considering at the end when things had devolved entirely into party mode and we were just graffiti-ing up Arowana, they proceed to demonstrate they're darn good with that charger by drawing...something...on one of the walls, and then swimming up to the top of...it. (lms if u get the joke)

I'm so peeved I had to duck out to go eat right after that X'D

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A bunch of Chargers huddled together on Moray Towers' prime sniper perch? What ever shall we do?

The answer: charge up your Bubbler, sneak up the wall, and throw a Disruptor at their feet. Dodge their shots, then light 'em up with the Zink Mini Splatling. 'Twas hilarious to me, anyway, seeing them scramble and try to regroup as I took each one out.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
A bunch of Chargers huddled together on Moray Towers' prime sniper perch? What ever shall we do?

The answer: charge up your Bubbler, sneak up the wall, and throw a Disruptor at their feet. Dodge their shots, then light 'em up with the Zink Mini Splatling. 'Twas hilarious to me, anyway, seeing them scramble and try to regroup as I took each one out.
I did almost top that once. Two of them, on The Perch (tm), both so occupied with the skirmish down below that they completely ignored the suction bombs that landed all around them....from the bottom of the ramp.
~G L O R I O U S~

mar¡

Inkling
I have a couple:

Extreme overtime in Rainmaker Moray Towers. We were behind 64ish-15. I took the rainmaker and waited. Waited, oh so very long for having the rainmaker, and watched the game pad. Noted a clear path using the ramp as a shortcut. As soon as I saw most of the opposing team had be wiped, I ran my arse over there with 12 seconds on the rainmaker.

This next one happens a few times. I do this thing were if I notice a sniper is using a scope, and I find them alone, I will jump over their line of sight multiple times before chasing them off, or splatdash zig-zags (more risky). Usually I don't know why I find this funny. Actually, I think it's an adrenaline rush topping a feeling of triumph.

Now that I think of it, I might be somewhat sadistic. I play fair, though.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ahh, the perennial classic of mistimed Super Jumps: the moment when a Squid Beakon unwittingly becomes ground zero for an Inkstrike, much to the chagrin of many a freshly-respawned player like myself. One time, however, I somehow managed to time my jump just right, so hat I'd land where the Beakon was right after the Inkstrike ended. So off I go, safely jumping over the inksplosion, only to find out that someone else had fired a Killer Wail right at the spot I was landing...

In another game from a couple days ago, I made the foolish decision to whip out my own Wail and fire it directly at an incoming Kraken. Normally I'd immediately regret my life choices, but seeing as this was on Port Mackerel, I figured I could trap it somehow. Cue the poor guy struggling to push through and getting splatted the instant his Kraken ran out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom