• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I've been at rank B for a while, but I think I've just been having bad luck with my teams. And some days I play great, and some days I play like crap. Maybe B is the right rank for me. *shrugs* The worst thing that can happen is that I'll go down a rank or two; then I'll just come up again.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So I played some viewer battles with bSGG and it brought my confidence up to play more ranked. I made it A- with some diligence and smart play. Then a buddy of mine got the game and I've been playing Turf War with him to help him learn the game. I went back to Ranked the other day and I SUCKED. I can't blame my teams, I was just really bad.

I think I'll be in B+/A- forever.

On a positive note, I smurfed a bit on my wife's account to get her some money and I destroyed the C ranks. Got 26 kills in TC. So, at least I know I'm better than that.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Made it to A+ today! Hoping I can get into S rank soon.
Unfortunately my internet has been acting up recently so it will sometimes go out which causes me to lose points... I wish they could change it so the game would know if it wasn't your fault and not make you lose points.

Veena

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anlaced
I've been A-/A for a while, I maintain A on a good day but fall down to A- if I'm not playing well. Getting back up to A usually isn't much of a struggle as long as I avoid playing too much rainmaker. Well, that changed when last week I went on a huge losing streak and fell from A to B+ 10, almost ended up in B rank. Haven't been playing the same since, I'm in a rut.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
For the time being, B-
I was just about to exit the rank only to get paired against a team that just mopped us. They controlled the map.
The match after that had some initial opposition, which is fine since I'll just need to regroup an--*connection unstable*

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I've found that when I'm with a friend that is good at Splatoon, we can usually win most of our matches. I just made it to S rank today! While I'm tempted to try and go for S+, I'm fine with staying at S right now.

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
It's a small rollercoaster. I went to A- 70 and fall back down to A- 32. I have the feeling like people don't know how to take advantage when you offer them a fair trade. I was in splatzone in Museum: only one zone to hold. I killed 3 people and died killing the third one. My team was fully alive. They didn't take back the zone. After that I had several games where there were three Nzap in my team and a balanced team on the opposing side of the map.

As I can't carry by myself or federate my team around me, I'm stuck. So my actual skill level is A- ^^ I don't tell I need to be higher or lower, but the fact is I need to improve myself (I don't know how) to unlock this situation.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
I'll be rank S forever..... Sucks.... I was on a roll not to long ago and I got to S 84. Now I'm barely hanging onto S... Just too many random bad teammates...

Last edited:

Agent17

Inkling
NNID
TheAgent17
I'm stuck in A+ Rank, i was so close to S rank today but i started to lose matches and stopped at A+ 16...

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
I haven't really hit a wall yet (In A rank right now), but something that I've noticed has really helped me keep improving is watching high-level players. It's so much easier to see what someone else is doing and figure out why it works and how to do it yourself than having to sit and meditate through the salt haha. Or if I go on a losing streak and get suuuuuper salty, I'll watch an Srb2Dude video to zen out and just go "OOOOH OF COURSE. THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING WRONG." and then I get right back into it with a positive attitude.

Stay strong fellow squids!

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
I haven't really hit a wall yet (In A rank right now), but something that I've noticed has really helped me keep improving is watching high-level players. It's so much easier to see what someone else is doing and figure out why it works and how to do it yourself than having to sit and meditate through the salt haha. Or if I go on a losing streak and get suuuuuper salty, I'll watch an Srb2Dude video to zen out and just go "OOOOH OF COURSE. THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING WRONG." and then I get right back into it with a positive attitude.

Stay strong fellow squids!
Sometimes playing something else helps. I've noticed I play a lot better if I'm well rested as well. If I haven't had enough rest, I lose a lot.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Due to school and life I don't have that much time. So many times I have to deal with bad players, who only help decrease my rank :( M current rank is B-.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I've been stuck at A for a while. Sometimes it's my own fault, and sometimes it's my teammates fault. Doesn't matter, I still have a blast playing Splatoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom