• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

BluEyes

Senior Squid
That happened to me for ages, there's a big step up from C+ players to B- players it seems.
Im stuck at C+ too. Everytime I get into B-, I dont get outplayed but just teamed with B- players who are twice as clueless as me. Once you get into B-, working as team starts to count I think.

Get good? Wish I have the time :)

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
I'm also stuck at C+/B-. I'm not surprised at all, the wall I've hit in rank reflects the wall I've hit in skill...I can't really work out what weapon feels right for me in ranked. At least losing usually teaches you more than getting carried through wins.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
So I've had the game about a week now and I've gotten to A this morning. Way less stressful than B and way more fun. I'd say I'm going an average of 6-3 every game in A, with some better games looking like 10-2 against A+ teams.

I got there by just playing patient, not letting stupid losses bother me long term, and just slowly climbing without caring about my rank. I used this build using a normal Splattershot or Custom Squelcher depending on the maps in rotation, along with some other random stuff I felt like doing.

So my advice to you guys is to just play and not worry about gold or rank. Stay positive and find an alternate weapon to use for map rotations that your main weapon doesn't do too well on. Just let yourself win and lose, and slowly climb the ladder over time until you find yourself in A. Good luck!

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Lately I have been experimenting with making separate accounts and trying to climb rank with solely 1 weapon so I can master the use of that weapon in the various maps. Been having a hard time in the B/B+ range with my E-liter. Sure, I've made a few mistakes but I usually average a 6/1 KD ratio and the weapon/team distribution lately has been crazy. My team has been 4 chargers in the mall. 3 chargers and an inkbrush in Urchin, 3 dual squelshers with my charger in Urchin, etc. I find it harder to carry, especially on maps like Urchin (probably the map I struggle with most) when the weapon distribution has been so off. I hope the new update fixes that. I mean having variety in teams is fun but having all of one weapon on a single team isnt. /end rant.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Stuck on B right now because I consistently win one match, start another and disconnect. It's incredibly unfortunate. I even play 3 or 4 matches in regular Turf Wars to make sure my internet won't burp. As soon as I go over into Ranked, DISCONNECT

*sigh*

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I will stay in B ranks forever, since I don't play ranked at all.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
C, since I generally stay out of ranked so I don't breakdown from too many consecutive losses.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
A+, but when I was climbing I got stuck at C+,B, B+, and A-.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Well... I know I said I would be B ranks forever... But I somehow managed to get to A+ 64

Must have been the stage selection. I won like 15 matches in a row on the Warehouse and Moray time slot earlier.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm going to be stuck at B- or B forever. I can't seem to get a consistant enough winning streak in order to get up to B+, and I keep ranking down from B to B-, then right back up to B. I've been stuck in the loop for the longest time . >_>

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
My rise and fall depends entirely on whether I use a weapon that can carry whole teams or not. It's pretty boring. :/

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Well now that there's a ranked mode that doesn't completely bore me to death, I've been locked at B- for a while.

Hey, at least it's a passing grade.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
As of now I'm just stuck at A rank I need to learn not to be impatient x.x

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Stuck on B and B-. I got to b+ and then I fell back to B...

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
I'm not really stuck at any rank. I'm at Rank A- right now and haven't touched Ranked in a while because of a couple of reasons. I could probably make it to A+ in due time but that mode makes me salty and I'm just playing the game to have fun, really.

Honestly the only reason I'm at A- in the first place is because I wanted to get to a high rank to prove to myself I'm not that bad at the game LOL

Benjamin Hellcat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
H3llcat
Been stuck at B- occasionally dropping down to C+. I need to work on my movement, using Y to orient myself quicker and also to be a bit more patient when things get a little hairy.

EDIT: after this post, i made it up to B+ then dropped all the way down to C+ again. This was the best thing that could have happened. I started to not care about rank after that and just played to improve myself.

This is important. Stop playing to win for a while and instead play to improve yourself. I have now not been stuck at any rank, and reached "A" just this weekend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom