• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

Manta

Senior Squid
WHY ARE ALL MY RANKED TEAMS INCOMPETENT FOOLS WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP WHEN THEY HAVE THE TOWER? WHY IS NO ONE TRYING TO GET THE ZONE?

Because of these, I am stuck in B/B+ and might just be going back to B-. Screw my life.
Exact same situation, when I get moved down to B- I seem to always get good, competent teams, but as soon as I move up to B the teams I am on are crap and messing around when they should be helping me retake zones instead of waiting for the other team to invade our base...

JfiveevifJ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Leyrwithe
I'm stuck at B rank. Seems I do fine in B- (high K/D ratio and I'd guestimate at least a 75% win rate). As soon as I get to B rank though I get demolished.

Either I've somehow become ineffective within the space of 2 rounds for some reason, or I've got some guy on my team goofing off. The goofing off people have me convinced that purposefully "ranking down" is a thing - to what ends I don't know.

Before I hear any "git gud" I'm sure that's a part of it. It just seems like the difficulty spikes as soon as I hit high B rank low B+

I generally play 9pm-11pm EST, so not sure how much lag is coming into play. I know it's there, just not sure how much of a factor it plays.

Njok

Bouncer
That's true, the difference between B+ and B- is quite noticeable. Plus you'll get in A lobbies at B+, while B- may put you in C lobbies, making the difference even bigger. I have been doing the dance in B ranks for a while now so i can agree with you there (and feel your pain).

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Yeah, the difficulty spike once you reach B+ is much higher than that in A-, A and A+. In B+ there is the bigger mix of player skills: there are really great B+ players and other terrible ones who don´t even know about the game´s basics. Usually a good B+ player can hold his own in an A lobby, but gaining the rank is pure hell.

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
ahh the good old C+ B- Trap, I'm stuck at B through B+
How long did it take you to get to B from B-? I feel like I have been fluctuating from B- 80 to B- 20 for ages. I was even relegated to C+ a few days back and had to work my way back up. I don't particularly mind because the games are fun, but yeah, feels like I have been at B- for a long time now.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I'm going to be at C+ forever because I'm too afraid of losing points to play rank.
I have the opposite problem. I got up to B-, get into a losing streak, and continue playing instead of leaving to take a breather. I then fall back to C+.

Stuck on c+ due to the fact whenever I'm close to b- I always end up being on a incompetent team who don't help me capture the zone/control point and instead all go and try to sneak up one enemy sniper I've my hole team go after one guy when we didn't even have control of the splat zone.
Let me ask a question though. Would not one person sneaking up on a sniper, be a good thing? Because, capturing a splat zone will be hard to deal with against a sniper. (More than one is too much though I agree) Therefore, sneak up behind, kill sniper, relieve pressure > capture zone, no?

Last edited:

JfiveevifJ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Leyrwithe
Let me ask a question though. Would not one person sneaking up on a sniper, be a good thing? Because, capturing a splat zone will be hard to deal with against a sniper. (More than one is too much though I agree) Therefore, sneak up behind, kill sniper, relieve pressure > capture zone, no?
I actually ended up doing this exact tactic last night. Problem sniper on Arowana in SZ - I managed to dodge the snipe across the catwalk and came up around behind for the splat. It was a good game, we traded blows most of that game - I took him out 3x because he kept heading to the same spot. Unfortunately my team wasn't able to capitalize on the sniper not being there and the damage had already been done.

It was a great game though! I laughed most of the way through it. I don't mind losing those types of rank battles. It's when I get steamrolled that really grinds my gears

Devicho

Inkling
NNID
Devicho
I'm personally stuck in C+ purgatory where every time I finally get close to or in B-, I wind up on nothing but losing teams. I had a frustrating one in Tower Control once where I got 18k/6d, with half of the deaths being from having to claim the tower while my teammates did who knows what (despite me being sniper), and as a result I was the only one on my team to really even attempt to get things going.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I resigned to being C+ forever, and decided to just focus on having fun and not worrying if my rank goes to ****

But then eventually I got to B- somehow, and I waited on the seesaw for a while until I got to B (I tried using some different weapons)

I got to B+, but now I'm teetering around 10-40, it's scary :G I think personal skill is definitely a huge factor, but ... sometimes when the teams are literally all squelchers / dynamo / range blaster against all rollers / brushes, and you're on the short range team ...

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
sometimes when the teams are literally all squelchers / dynamo / range blaster against all rollers / brushes, and you're on the short range team ...
I've been on a team of only blasters, against a team of chargers. It wasn't pleasant.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
You know how people just rush into zones wit abandon? That's been my team every time I'm about to level up/ rank up. Forever C+.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
It's kinda weird with me...

I was (and still am) stuck at B with my Wii U, but when I went out of town and used another Wii U, I jumped them from C- to B+ in a night and stayed at B+. So...I dont know what rank I am! lol

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yeah Jflv, I also do the same thing at times. I think the key note here is to do that and help your team capture the point, not just lolly gag around the whole time. Yet I do think it's a priority.

Also, I'm back up at B- again whee. Got up midway to C+ through splatzones and through tc as well. This tentatek weapon is great for that.

I also realized that whoever you win with won't be on your team the next round. But if you lose they will be with you in the next round. Or maybe, whoever wins is put on the losing team or something? At least it seems like that to me.

Last edited:

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
Woooo! Reached Rank B earlier today!

I think a change in mindset really helped - instead of blaming my team or bad luck or whatever when I lost I started to re-evaluate my own play and where I might have made mistakes and what I could do differently next time. Feeling a lot more confident now, A+ here I come!

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
I've been stuck at B+/A- for over a week now >.<
I'll get to A+ one day D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom