• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

themankk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
1234RJ
...i didnt know there was such a depressing forum on squidboards....i plan on getting to A+ one day, but dont throw in the towel like that, practice makes perfect and i believe that with enough practice anyone can make it to A+ just stay positive and keep swimming

Man of shame

Inkling
Stuck on c+ due to the fact whenever I'm close to b- I always end up being on a incompetent team who don't help me capture the zone/control point and instead all go and try to sneak up one enemy sniper I've my hole team go after one guy when we didn't even have control of the splat zone.

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
I was so close to an A- while I was playing Splat Zones last night. Everything was going so well, but then one bad match after another happened. I almost dropped my B+ rank AGAIN so I just thought, you know what I'm done for today. x_x

Manta

Senior Squid
Was stuck in B- then moved to B, got B50 then kept on getting stuck with crap teams and went to B-70. I never once had a negative KD ratio either.

Njok

Bouncer
I guess i am just gonna accept being B+. Because without exceptions, i just go on losing streaks from the moment i reach that rank again. Every. Single. Time.

It will be matches where we give away the zone when it's 6 -100 and are unable to take it back again no matter what i do. Once gave away a 1-100 tower control lead only to watch them take it all the way in extra time.

I do ok when i get in A lobbies. Just for some bizarre reason i will never reach it myself.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
I guess i am just gonna accept being B+. Because without exceptions, i just go on losing streaks from the moment i reach that rank again. Every. Single. Time.

It will be matches where we give away the zone when it's 6 -100 and are unable to take it back again no matter what i do. Once gave away a 1-100 tower control lead only to watch them take it all the way in extra time.

I do ok when i get in A lobbies. Just for some bizarre reason i will never reach it myself.
Keep on trying, I was the same, whenever I got into or was near to getting into A- I would have a huge losing streak that would take me to B- and even beyond. But now I can reach A consistently and whenever a bad streak happens I never fall further than B+ and recover in a few matches. You´ll learn to win consistently on higher ranks. And remember that winning is not the same as having an awesome KD ratio.

Also, as I play more I´m more convinced that rank is not a good indicator of skill. Of course the difference between C and A players is huge, but I see little difference between B+ and A+, with the exception of those guys in A+ who can totally destroy anything. But not all A+ players are awesome, in fact I´ve seen many disappointing A+ players. I think the difference is in the extremes: bad B+ players are much worse than bad A+ players, good A+ players are better than B+ players, but the average B+ is comparable to the average A+.

Njok

Bouncer
Also, as I play more I´m more convinced that rank is not a good indicator of skill. Of course the difference between C and A players is huge, but I see little difference between B+ and A+, with the exception of those guys in A+ who can totally destroy anything. But not all A+ players are awesome, in fact I´ve seen many disappointing A+ players. I think the difference is in the extremes: bad B+ players are much worse than bad A+ players, good A+ players are better than B+ players, but the average B+ is comparable to the average A+.
Yeah i feel the same way about it. When i watch those guys' streams, i don't imagine i will ever wreck games like that. But i have been in alot of A and even A+ lobbies where i did good.

And i know k/d is not everything. Actually i used to main a roller, but i have switched to the 96 deco, which made me play more defensive anyway. I'm fine with protecting the zone and letting someone else do the killing. It won't show in the result screen but i know for myself if i contributed.

I'll keep trying though. I enjoy the game too much anyway to not play it.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
I thought I'd be stuck in C forever but I managed to rank up to B a few weeks ago

Now I'm going for A-

It'll be a long, arduous journey. R.i.p me

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
WHY ARE ALL MY RANKED TEAMS INCOMPETENT FOOLS WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP WHEN THEY HAVE THE TOWER? WHY IS NO ONE TRYING TO GET THE ZONE?

Because of these, I am stuck in B/B+ and might just be going back to B-. Screw my life.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
WHY ARE ALL MY RANKED TEAMS INCOMPETENT FOOLS WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP WHEN THEY HAVE THE TOWER? WHY IS NO ONE TRYING TO GET THE ZONE?

Because of these, I am stuck in B/B+ and might just be going back to B-. Screw my life.
I hate doing that thing where you just quote someone and that alone is the post but...

All of this. Word for word. I feel your pain, Calamari...

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I am okay being stuck at B+ and dropping to B for awhile. I mean this month I just experienced Kelp Dome in ranked. There are quite a few stages whose modes I havn't experinced yet; like Blue Fin Depo-Tower Control. And even thought Aroma Mall is my worst stage that can make me drop to B-, I play on it any way like a Sadist. I also use a bajillion weapons, in which most arn't the top top ones used in ranked. I dunno, I rather reach A+ knowing that I can go though any stage and use any weapon I like.

Rank in general is not a big deal to me.....but admittedly losing streaks arn't happy-fun times.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x

avatar goes well with your post haha

Cola

Inkling
NNID
Cola64
Generally, I see-saw between ranks but keep an overall upward trend. I was stuck between B+ and A- up until a couple of days ago. I had a really good streak and managed to get up to A+.

Only got 20 points though, so I think I'll refrain from playing ranked until the update, that way I can play with my team.

Toaster

Senior Squid
Whenever I get to B- a couple matches later I'll end up ranking down to C+ only to rank back up to B-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom