• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Meta's most underrated weapons.

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
the ink brush the E-Liter will always fall to an Inkbrush. I have never come out of an encounter the victor from one of those.
I'm talking about the custom one. I don't use the normal E-Liter much.

Edit: after thought though, for some reason I thought you were talking about the custom because that's what I see most of the time, so let's present a question. which E-liter is used more?

Vexen

Senior Squid
NNID
Vexen_IV
I agree that it's a great weapon, however, it's not necessarily underrated xD I see quite a few dual squelchers in both ranked and regular. Most people use it to support, and they know not to rush.

I feel like we need to discuss the most underrated weapon of ALL TIME: the L-3 Nozzlenose. I have never once seen a player use this weapon. Im just curious; has anyone actually managed to be decent with this gun? Disruptor slows people down enough to Wail them, I guess. But like I said, I've never seen it in action. Someone confirm that this is indeed top tier:3
I think disruptor would be more for confirming kills with its damage instead of using a special to get the kill. Probably one of my top 5 least viable guns currently out there though. It reminds me of the assault rife on halo that would fire 3 shots, wasn't the worst gun but wasn't the best

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
its no like you hve to actually mash the button like a brush
The problem with the L-3 is that you have to button mash constantly. Most players don't want to play this weapon just for this reason, as long as there are numerous other options.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I feel like we need to discuss the most underrated weapon of ALL TIME: the L-3 Nozzlenose. I have never once seen a player use this weapon. Im just curious; has anyone actually managed to be decent with this gun? Disruptor slows people down enough to Wail them, I guess. But like I said, I've never seen it in action. Someone confirm that this is indeed top tier:3
It's one of my main weapons. When I don't need much range this is my weapon of choice since I think (might be wrong) that it splats faster than the Dual Squelchers or the .96 Gal. It's either that or I miss more with those guns :confused:. The disruptor's pretty nice to help allies far away by jumping and tossing one, and the Killer Wail helps keep the longer-ranged enemies under control, or splat them if they refuse to move. The ink efficiency of the gun is pretty nice too :ability_inksavermain:

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
It's one of my main weapons. When I don't need much range this is my weapon of choice since I think (might be wrong) that it splats faster than the Dual Squelchers or the .96 Gal. It's either that or I miss more with those guns :confused:. The disruptor's pretty nice to help allies far away by jumping and tossing one, and the Killer Wail helps keep the longer-ranged enemies under control, or splat them if they refuse to move. The ink efficiency of the gun is pretty nice too :ability_inksavermain:
Faster than D Squelcher, not 96 tho

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I agree that it's a great weapon, however, it's not necessarily underrated xD I see quite a few dual squelchers in both ranked and regular. Most people use it to support, and they know not to rush.

Well I don't see the Dualsquelcher on any "Top 5" lists ever. I browse the forum looking for those kinds of things because I enjoy that kind of stuff. I personally think Dual Squelcher is amazing in Splat Zones and even better in Tower Control. I just feel like I'm the only one that praises it as much as people praise Tentatek or 96 Deco y'know?

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement

I'm not sure if the L-3 Nozzlenose is top tier, but it's such a good gun. It outranges Splattershot and .52 gal. It kills very fast, and the accuracy is near perfect. Disruptor helps to kill enemies with those perfect accuracy shots. Killer wail is good for killing people in a long and narrow pathway. It might be top tier but I'm not entirely sure.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hey there the argument for squiffers was brought in my post too and honestly I main both the new squiffer and the L-3 nozzlehose D and at S rank ( though I did fall down to A+ due to a disconnect)
inkmine are always railed on but honestly when you know where to place them it become one of the most satisfying ways to splat people in game it just requires planning ahead of time where you are going to place it, but it's main strength is that it goes from a 1 shot with decent range to a 1 shot with ridiculous range due to the inkzooka

L-3 nozzlehose D do great in all modes, especially in splatzones, you just have to be patient and wait for opportunities to present themselves and not just rushing into random fights. The nozzlehose has the same range as the n-zap and splash o-matic so use that to outspace enemies while using burst bomb to attack hiding chargers, and then use a hidden kraken sneak attack to flank enemies or set up for later ambushes, this makes it a great flanking weapon or a amazing tool to close down zones on the map

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The nozzlehose has the same range as the n-zap and splash o-matic
Actually, the nozzlenoses outrange the nzaps, splashes, AND the splattershots. Not by a lot, but it is noticeable.

Also, holy necro batman!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Back on topic because I'm curious...does the meta have "underrated" weapons right now?

Everything seems pretty established. Gals with walls. Tentateks. Eliters. Splat Chargers have picked up because of patches. Krak-On Rollers. A few occasional things like the L-3D or the DS.

Maybe the Zink Mini is underrated?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Back on topic because I'm curious...does the meta have "underrated" weapons right now?

Everything seems pretty established. Gals with walls. Tentateks. Eliters. Splat Chargers have picked up because of patches. Krak-On Rollers. A few occasional things like the L-3D or the DS.

Even though I haven't played in a long time, the Zink Mini is like the holy grail of offensive support in Splatoon ;)

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee

I kind of feel this way! Zink Mini needs more love.
Granted it teeters on being niche-y and several map/mode combos feel like a bit of a disaster to use it on, but perhaps I just need more practice.
I think its in my top 5 though.

Definitely offensive support, can be a blessing to have on your team if done well. Basically handing kills to your teammates on a silver platter with disruptors and team bubble assaults. Not to mention speedy kills, superb turfing.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Rapid blaster pros are rarely see anymore, sloshing machines are a lost art in many in the battles I play (especially the neo which actually has a really good set for it's play style), and the vanilla rapid blaster

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Rapid blaster pros are rarely see anymore, sloshing machines are a lost art in many in the battles I play (especially the neo which actually has a really good set for it's play style), and the vanilla rapid blaster
Perhaps the buff to the splattershot pro overshadowed the range awesomeness of the RBP?

Are sloshing machines actually good? I mean, I like to use one every now and then and I find it incredibly fun. But does it actually provide anything to a competitive squad that isn't offered by something else?

I think the vanilla RB might just be bad. I mean, MAYBE on tower control it has a good kit, but you'd probably get better mileage out of a vanilla luna. I could very well be wrong, but I don't see the RB being used competitively.

Perhaps the vanilla L-3. Disruptors seem really meta now (I think). The L-3s mobility and range seem like it would make a good all around "flex" weapon (can do support or frontline).

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Considering how deadly it can be in the right hands, I'm surprised the Zink Mini Splatling isn't a common meta weapon. It's got good range, disruptors, and a bubbler. With the right timing, it can take out anyone it wants to with that set up. As for players who use it, they are either super great, or just decent with it. The super good players are annoying to battle though, as that combo of main, sub, and special is really scary.

Another is the Nozzlenose with the burst bombs and kraken. Every single one I battle these days stacks insane amounts of run and swim speed, and they are a royal pain to deal with. I never see anyone using it who isn't really good with the weapon, it's like an expert only weapon at this point. And I swear the super amazing players are never on my team. :oops:

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Rapid Blaster, though it's tough to tell for me whether this weapon is really underrated or simply underwhelming.

maxie

Full Squid
i would have said sloshers in general, but im seeing more of those picked up recently after the update. then again, slosher main, im biased and want more ppl to use them lmao.

hydra splatling too, but after the update theres been a lot more (mostly custom)

but as it is rn, nearly every single L3 player i come across completely wrecks me. not many people use it but those that do are extremely good with it most of the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom