1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

The Meta's most underrated weapons.

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Citrus, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Summer1401

Summer1401 Full Squid

NNID:
    Litaker
    I'm talking about the custom one. I don't use the normal E-Liter much.

Edit: after thought though, for some reason I thought you were talking about the custom because that's what I see most of the time, so let's present a question. which E-liter is used more?

2. Vexen

Vexen Senior Squid

NNID:
    Vexen_IV
    I think disruptor would be more for confirming kills with its damage instead of using a special to get the kill. Probably one of my top 5 least viable guns currently out there though. It reminds me of the assault rife on halo that would fire 3 shots, wasn't the worst gun but wasn't the best

3. Citrus

Citrus Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Sylvalum
    its no like you hve to actually mash the button like a brush

4. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

It's one of my main weapons. When I don't need much range this is my weapon of choice since I think (might be wrong) that it splats faster than the Dual Squelchers or the .96 Gal. It's either that or I miss more with those guns :confused:. The disruptor's pretty nice to help allies far away by jumping and tossing one, and the Killer Wail helps keep the longer-ranged enemies under control, or splat them if they refuse to move. The ink efficiency of the gun is pretty nice too :ability_inksavermain:

5. Citrus

Citrus Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Sylvalum
    Faster than D Squelcher, not 96 tho

6. Rellek

Rellek Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    RellekEarth
    Well I don't see the Dualsquelcher on any "Top 5" lists ever. I browse the forum looking for those kinds of things because I enjoy that kind of stuff. I personally think Dual Squelcher is amazing in Splat Zones and even better in Tower Control. I just feel like I'm the only one that praises it as much as people praise Tentatek or 96 Deco y'know?

7. doritos29

doritos29 Senior Squid

NNID:
    5thelement
    I'm not sure if the L-3 Nozzlenose is top tier, but it's such a good gun. It outranges Splattershot and .52 gal. It kills very fast, and the accuracy is near perfect. Disruptor helps to kill enemies with those perfect accuracy shots. Killer wail is good for killing people in a long and narrow pathway. It might be top tier but I'm not entirely sure.

8. MindlessAttack

MindlessAttack Inkling

NNID:
    mindlessattack19
    Vanilla Splatling is so underrated tbh

binx likes this.
  9. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233
    Hey there the argument for squiffers was brought in my post too and honestly I main both the new squiffer and the L-3 nozzlehose D and at S rank ( though I did fall down to A+ due to a disconnect)
    inkmine are always railed on but honestly when you know where to place them it become one of the most satisfying ways to splat people in game it just requires planning ahead of time where you are going to place it, but it's main strength is that it goes from a 1 shot with decent range to a 1 shot with ridiculous range due to the inkzooka

L-3 nozzlehose D do great in all modes, especially in splatzones, you just have to be patient and wait for opportunities to present themselves and not just rushing into random fights. The nozzlehose has the same range as the n-zap and splash o-matic so use that to outspace enemies while using burst bomb to attack hiding chargers, and then use a hidden kraken sneak attack to flank enemies or set up for later ambushes, this makes it a great flanking weapon or a amazing tool to close down zones on the map

10. SupaTim

SupaTim Prodigal Squid

NNID:
    SupaTim101
    Actually, the nozzlenoses outrange the nzaps, splashes, AND the splattershots. Not by a lot, but it is noticeable.

Also, holy necro batman!

11. Leronne

Leronne Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Leronne
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2169-0003-5242
    The n-zaphas more range than the splash-o-matic and the l-3 nas more range than the n-zap.

12. SupaTim

SupaTim Prodigal Squid

NNID:
    SupaTim101
    Back on topic because I'm curious...does the meta have "underrated" weapons right now?

Everything seems pretty established. Gals with walls. Tentateks. Eliters. Splat Chargers have picked up because of patches. Krak-On Rollers. A few occasional things like the L-3D or the DS.

Maybe the Zink Mini is underrated?

13. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

Even though I haven't played in a long time, the Zink Mini is like the holy grail of offensive support in Splatoon ;)

birdiebee likes this.
  14. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    I kind of feel this way! Zink Mini needs more love.
    Granted it teeters on being niche-y and several map/mode combos feel like a bit of a disaster to use it on, but perhaps I just need more practice.
    I think its in my top 5 though.

Definitely offensive support, can be a blessing to have on your team if done well. Basically handing kills to your teammates on a silver platter with disruptors and team bubble assaults. Not to mention speedy kills, superb turfing.

SupaTim likes this.
  15. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Bamboozlers, Squiffers, Heavies, probably a few more weapons.

16. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233
    Rapid blaster pros are rarely see anymore, sloshing machines are a lost art in many in the battles I play (especially the neo which actually has a really good set for it's play style), and the vanilla rapid blaster

17. SupaTim

SupaTim Prodigal Squid

NNID:
    SupaTim101
    Perhaps the buff to the splattershot pro overshadowed the range awesomeness of the RBP?

Are sloshing machines actually good? I mean, I like to use one every now and then and I find it incredibly fun. But does it actually provide anything to a competitive squad that isn't offered by something else?

I think the vanilla RB might just be bad. I mean, MAYBE on tower control it has a good kit, but you'd probably get better mileage out of a vanilla luna. I could very well be wrong, but I don't see the RB being used competitively.

Perhaps the vanilla L-3. Disruptors seem really meta now (I think). The L-3s mobility and range seem like it would make a good all around "flex" weapon (can do support or frontline).

18. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    Considering how deadly it can be in the right hands, I'm surprised the Zink Mini Splatling isn't a common meta weapon. It's got good range, disruptors, and a bubbler. With the right timing, it can take out anyone it wants to with that set up. As for players who use it, they are either super great, or just decent with it. The super good players are annoying to battle though, as that combo of main, sub, and special is really scary.

Another is the Nozzlenose with the burst bombs and kraken. Every single one I battle these days stacks insane amounts of run and swim speed, and they are a royal pain to deal with. I never see anyone using it who isn't really good with the weapon, it's like an expert only weapon at this point. And I swear the super amazing players are never on my team. :oops:

19. Ulk

Ulk Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Die-Ulk-Nudel
    Rapid Blaster, though it's tough to tell for me whether this weapon is really underrated or simply underwhelming.

20. maxie

maxie Full Squid

NNID:
    anistar
    i would have said sloshers in general, but im seeing more of those picked up recently after the update. then again, slosher main, im biased and want more ppl to use them lmao.

hydra splatling too, but after the update theres been a lot more (mostly custom)

but as it is rn, nearly every single L3 player i come across completely wrecks me. not many people use it but those that do are extremely good with it most of the time