• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The new specials are not overpowered.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Momo If you go to the customization part of the splat fest menu and press - to look at the specials they explain the Bubble blower better but here is a brief summary

1 from what it reads it needs to be activated by another person, teammates will make it explode while enemy fire will shrink and decrease it power or dissipate the bubbles
and from what it look like yes it can be aimed in multiple direction but you only get 3 so choose wisely before you aim

Momo

Inkling
NNID
cyan-greene
@Momo If you go to the customization part of the splat fest menu and press - to look at the specials they explain the Bubble blower better but here is a brief summary

1 from what it reads it needs to be activated by another person, teammates will make it explode while enemy fire will shrink and decrease it power or dissipate the bubbles
and from what it look like yes it can be aimed in multiple direction but you only get 3 so choose wisely before you aim
Oooh alright then. So as long as your team gets to it before the other team it'll be pretty useful. Thanks by the way!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Thanks for the clarification, Saber! I didn't cover the bubble blower because we don't have more than a few seconds of footage to go off so far.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Oooh alright then. So as long as your team gets to it before the other team it'll be pretty useful. Thanks by the way!
No problem and honestly that is one of the things I am liking about this sequel most special require you to act as team to coordinate pushes, unlike the previous where one special can easily wipe most of the enemy team in no time flat

(at 6:00 for example) btw I found this and realized I was in the video :)

I mean seriously;
Baller/ Ink Jet are obvious so it require either a distraction or poison mist or ink storm, Ink armor is good to avoid a team wipe
Ink storm can help coordinate pushes with just about anything, tenta-missles allow push enemies out of position and allow for a team push, sting ray can force enemies to move or protect allies, and Bubble blower works best with a teammate poping bubbles.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I thought that name was familiar, wasn't sure if it was you :D

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I bet the Inkjet will be considered OP by some. May not be as good as Inkzooka but it still has high potential for multisplats. Plus I believe you can still swim along the ground with it to make it less vulnerable. I think Nintendo knows how good it is which is why the Tentatek is so far the only weapon that requires more than 180 points for it's special.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I bet the Inkjet will be considered OP by some. May not be as good as Inkzooka but it still has high potential for multisplats. Plus I believe you can still swim along the ground with it to make it less vulnerable. I think Nintendo knows how good it is which is why the Tentatek is so far the only weapon that requires more than 180 points for it's special.
It's also kinda slow and is essentially a blaster with infinite range, which requires a hell of a lot more precision than the inkzooka's flying tube of death. It might be a terror once people learn to aim with it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's also kinda slow and is essentially a blaster with infinite range, which requires a hell of a lot more precision than the inkzooka's flying tube of death. It might be a terror once people learn to aim with it.
I'd say it requires less precision actually. The Inkzooka has a smaller hitbox and doesn't turf well, whereas the Inkjet has a bigger hitbox, though only a direct is a ohko, but it can kill with multiple indirects, and it's actually good turf spread gives it much more trapping potential.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's also kinda slow firing. Eh! We'll see soon enough :p
But we've already seen it! Tis how we also know the interval between shots is about the same as the Inkzooka. Again not saying it's as good as Inkzooka, but it doesn't have to be to still be considered OP. At the very least I think most will agree it's one of if not the strongest specials currently, certainly one of the most fun!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
But we've already seen it! Tis how we also know the interval between shots is about the same as the Inkzooka. Again not saying it's as good as Inkzooka, but it doesn't have to be to still be considered OP. At the very least I think most will agree it's one of if not the strongest specials currently, certainly one of the most fun!
Point! Still, I'm interested to see how it handles once more long-range weapons enter the fray. I know my Jet will be able to go toe-to-toe with an inkjet no problem.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Once people have more experience playing against the Inkjet, I think it'll get a lot more unpopular. It makes you a giant target while it's running, and the fact that you get sent back to where you started when it runs out means that anyone paying attention will be able to take you out the moment you land. (Will Drop Roller apply, perhaps?) Even in the testfire, I found myself getting killed while using it nearly half the time, and that's without competent chargers around every corner.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@MindWanderer
Try but the great part about inkjet is you don't have to be in the air if it is danger you can stay low and attack, and then gain height and turf beneath you with the ink stream to prevent danger from shooters or rollers on the ground
But long range blasters and dynamo with vert. Flick... nice knowing ya

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@MindWanderer
Try but the great part about inkjet is you don't have to be in the air if it is danger you can stay low and attack, and then gain height and turf beneath you with the ink stream to prevent danger from shooters or rollers on the ground
But long range blasters and dynamo with vert. Flick... nice knowing ya
Also chargers and squelchers and splatlings, the Pro and the 96... the incautious are going to find the skies to be very unfriendly.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If you're running away then you're not killing it, unless you mean swiming towards the Inkjet user, but that'd be suicide.
We are talking about the same thing, right? It's not that intimidating. It has a pause between shots and needs a direct hit for an instant splat, for a long-range weapon it's entirely feasible to swing into firing range at an angle that isn't head-on and peg them. It's technically a gamble but it isn't suicide.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
We are talking about the same thing, right? It's not that intimidating. It has a pause between shots and needs a direct hit for an instant splat, for a long-range weapon it's entirely feasible to swing into firing range at an angle that isn't head-on and peg them. It's technically a gamble but it isn't suicide.
Oh I find it very intimidating! We'll not convince each through words though, so I'll just let the game itself dictate if we change our minds or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom