• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The new specials are not overpowered.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
In my (sparse) experiences so far, the Tenta Missiles work best on the distracted. If you know they're coming you can walk away from their landing spots, action movie style.

But we must remember, not all specials have to be oriented on killing. Old specials were very focused on getting a kill. These are more focused on achieving a specific goal, hence the displacement of the tenta missiles

Dog King

Full Squid
But we must remember, not all specials have to be oriented on killing. Old specials were very focused on getting a kill. These are more focused on achieving a specific goal, hence the displacement of the tenta missiles
I used them as a tracking tool. Since the targeting circle(?) is around the targeted enemy until the missiles land, I would track them down while they ran distracted, from the missiles and splat them as they tried to deal with my attack and the missles. It's a really cool special.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I really appreciate the strategy required for the new specials. No more solo team splats, or going invincible. Now you have to be smart and strategic to achieve your goals with your specials. It's a great change imo.

P-Kong

Full Squid
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200279-splatoon-2/75581081

An user translated a Famitsu interview and this popped up:

"The concept for the Special Weapons is to use them at the right time and they will be even stronger than the ones in the first game, but just use them without thinking and they will be weaker."

The new specials are much more… specialized on certain things, like several types of area denial or even picking out certain opponents with the Sting Ray, so they might do their intended job better than, for example, the Inkzooka.
Latter, however, excels at quick, unexpected wipes without setup, just like most other special in the first game.
Actually, it might be the specials that set up the battle itself back then.

The go nintendo translation is pretty different, by the way :P

"Special Weapons are stronger than ever"

https://gonintendo.com/stories/285481-splatoon-2-devs-talk-resolution-framerate-tweaks-mode-changes

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I agree, looks like the "Escape button" feeling of some specials is gone. Plus, I feel those new specials are less bugged like atrocious Ink-Zooka, aiming at one side and splatting on another one depending on connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom