The Next US Splatfest: ART VS SCIENCE

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Such a tough choice- Will probably chose art, but it might be the more popular of the two teams.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, I maxed out my Splatfest Tee by splatting it up. Can't wait to see or splat you guys on the splattlefield on Splaturday! I'm not sorry.

But in all seriousness, I did enjoy watching Bill Nye and MythBusters back then. Not enough to displace my love of the arts, but still as a pretty good diversion.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
And already got a comment about how my Miiverse post is art. Actually that would be a compliment in any other setting, lol. You really cannot have one with out the other. Team Art can say that Team Science is utilizing art but Team Science can say to Team Art that they are utilizing the science of the technology behind that Wii U and Miiverse in order to draw in the first place.
There's also a lot of science that goes into making individual games. There is a reason why majors in computer-related fields are called "computer sciences," after all. Video games are a fusion between art and science.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm banking on many of the smarter and thus better players will be picking Science, therefore we got this in the bag! ...Hopefully... please! Just lemme win one Splatfest! Dx

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
The Wii U GamePad's touch screen is not that small. Certainly, the space provided for you in Miiverse is larger than most notebook lecture doodles.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
The Wii U GamePad's touch screen is not that small. Certainly, the space provided for you in Miiverse is larger than most notebook lecture doodles.
But since it's pixel art, and you can't zoom in on the canvas, shading via creating a checkerboard pixel pattern is a pain. Shading via lines may be easier, but it's still a hassle to keep both the black and white lines straight. That's why I don't shade via that method much.

The folks of Miiverse just have a LOT of patience.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Your drawing's actually pretty good! I haven't drawn on an Oekaki board myself, and I've got nice art, too.

Buuuuut we might be going off topic. XD
It's technically related!...to half of the Splatfest topic! Haha.

I've had a few crappy things happen to me this week so I'm actually looking forward to the stress relief Splatoon gives me during Splatfest. I wonder what maps are going to be on the rotation this time..

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's technically related!...to half of the Splatfest topic! Haha.

I've had a few crappy things happen to me this week so I'm actually looking forward to the stress relief Splatoon gives me during Splatfest. I wonder what maps are going to be on the rotation this time..
I'm praying I don't have to deal with a certain Oil Rig I've hated since the Global Testfires... again :confused:

Now that I think about it, why can't we know the maps for the Splatfest one day before it begins or something?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
We haven't had Arowana Mall in any of the Splatfest yet so that'll definitely be there. They might wanna do Urchin Underpass aswell since it hasn't appeared in one since it's redesign. The last map is anyone's guess, but I'm hoping for Kelp Dome as it's my favorite!

D

Deleted Member

Arowana Mall wasn't in the last Splatfest because of the exploit.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Correction, one where you could clip through one of the corners of those tiny ledge/barriers that prevent you from going out of bounds via swimming up walls
Except in this case it was to prevent backdooring, which tends to be fatal on that map

Pollyanna

Inkling
Marie doesn't really seems like the best representative of team science. But then again, Callie sure as hell isn't a better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom