The Next US Splatfest: ART VS SCIENCE

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Im getting a real mixed bag of skill levels for art. I tried to do slosher and i just cant carry with dat tho lol. All I know is that art has more people right now.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Alright, I have to say it. This Splatfest so far has been the one I've found the most fun! Matches were intense but entertaining (aside of some crushing victories caused by disconnections; no one likes those), the map selection didn't include Saltspray Rig, I got to use my dear Faith (my Heavy Splatling), and I didn't get disconnected out of every single good team I found after 1-2 matches. I even stood around long enough to reach Art King, and play one match afterwards just for the lolz. By the way, I saw Bill Nye in a match ;)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switched to Splasha since I see very few long-ranged players in Team Science. While we're still having a hard time, I can actually win matches through sheer suppression fire (plus support from competent teammates flanking enemies I'm pushing back!)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I can indeed confirm there are significantly more Art guys than Science guys--for once I actually had to play matches against the squads from the same team. And considering I've run into some really good players on Team Art so far, I might yet see their total domination in both popularity and victory this time!

Overall, I'd say Jeff Goins said it best when he claimed that "The job of an artist is to offer a sanctuary of beauty to an ugly world."

Oh, and I just got Art King as well:
05 King of Artists.jpg

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
I can indeed confirm there are significantly more Art guys than Science guys--for once I actually had to play matches against the squads from the same team. And considering I've run into some really good players on Team Art so far, I might yet see their total domination in both popularity and victory this time!
Well it's not like Sun Tzu called it the science of war.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Maybe it's because I played in the super late-night/early morning hours, but I noticed that I ended up having "rematches" against familiar opponents surprisingly often. Josh, Tyrone, Okels, Vitor, Snowman, Pinky...I saw them and a number of others more than once. I know Art is the more popular team (I had to play several matches against other Art teams), but the frequency with which I had to fight the same players makes me wonder just how shorthanded Team Science really is.

Oh, and as for my own Splatfest experience, it started off pretty badly (I won a few and then had a streak of 7 or 8 losses, some of which I don't feel were my fault), but my luck eventually turned around. I found some pretty decent teammates about halfway through; some of them left, but one player named Heatnix stuck with me until I reached King. It really was amazing to see the difference having one reliable teammate made; between his Tentatek Splattershot and my .96 Gal Deco, we managed to win most of the remaining matches. I can't say I noticed any particular trend in the skill levels of Team Art and Team Science, though; they both had their fair share of competent veterans and Level 9 duds.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Anyone on here faced or is BadPlayer themselves on Splatoon? Probably the best alt account I faced

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I think the map rotation proves the devs hate Arowana Mall. Surprised at Bluefin, but glad I don't have to participate in Port Mackrel again.

Is it just the early morning or is science playing really well/art playing really badly? I faced 5 games and none of them was close.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I think Science is both shorthanded and short on talent. I was just in a 4v3 but art had 3 S players. We lost.

Now I'm watching my wife play and the skill difference between art and science is very noticeable. Art is bouncing around with twitch aiming skills while science people literally stand in the corner paining tiny little pieces of turf.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I teach science, but I love art... my favorite games are anime games now-a-days... eff it... ART!

BTW, we should add polls to this threads for the following Splatfests.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I think Science is both shorthanded and short on talent. I was just in a 4v3 but art had 3 S players. We lost.

Now I'm watching my wife play and the skill difference between art and science is very noticeable. Art is bouncing around with twitch aiming skills while science people literally stand in the corner paining tiny little pieces of turf.
I think that's just bad luck, I bounced between multiple teams and only lost 2 matches (i could've sworn at least two of the matches I won had a member DC and I didn't notice). Or vice versa. Can any team science members give verification?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101

Finally made it. For awhile every time I got a team that had a good balance of people who could ink, people who could kill, and people with good awareness, I got DC'd. I did end up with a decent team for a stretch that helped a lot. Took almost 3 hours from champion to king.

Good riddance. (until I help my wife get at least champion later tonight...)

Pollyanna

Inkling
Well there was that draw distance joke.

Also it is fitting that Marie likes the modern advances that she can benefit from. Some of her quotes suggests that she likes to laze around so science will help with that.

Edit: Some quotes to support this.

Flounder Heights
Callie: I could only live here if I was on the ground floor.
Marie: A step closer to work is an extra minute in bed!

Camp Triggerfish
Callie: We should go camping here on our day off.
Marie: Why camp when I can just be lazy at home?

Callie:Look at all this space! Get ready to run...a lot.
Marie:I'd rather just save my energy and use a charger.

And now Hammerhead Bridge
Callie: This bridge will cut our commute in half!
Marie: Yay! I can hit the snooze button more times!
Nah dude as much as I love Marie, she's a just a lazy bum.

Siege

Inkling
I rarely play Splatoon anymore and today I tried to get in on the Splatfest. I feel like a bag of **** because I clearly suck at the game, way too much time away. I don't feel like I'm contributing anything to my team and I feel like they'd all just rather me not play, and the makes me not feel like playing. I'm a piece of **** who likes everything about this game and wants to play it but I suck and feel like I'm taking fun away from the people that want to have fun.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I rarely play Splatoon anymore and today I tried to get in on the Splatfest. I feel like a bag of **** because I clearly suck at the game, way too much time away. I don't feel like I'm contributing anything to my team and I feel like they'd all just rather me not play, and the makes me not feel like playing. I'm a piece of **** who likes everything about this game and wants to play it but I suck and feel like I'm taking fun away from the people that want to have fun.
Oof, no need to beat yourself up friend. It's not exactly a game anyone can just pick up and play. It takes time, effort and dedication to get up there. If you play a little bit a day, and just practice I'm sure you'll get the hang of it and soon be on your way to supporting your team more than you ever imagined. This game is surprisingly deep, so, it's going to take a little while to get comfortable with your weapon, gear, maps and controls. I'd just suggest knowing what you want to do before you play. I'm more of a defensive player, I stay back and ensure my team mates are safe, if that means killing off the enemy or whatever it may be. Truth is, before I met my handy dandy Heavy Splatling I wasn't really able to do it to the best of my abilities. I'm not huge on being in the front lines. However, the second the Heavy Splatling came out, that all changed, and I realized the best weapon this game could possibly bestow on me had fell right into my hands. So, don't worry, you've just gotta roll with the punches and get up and try harder. I promise you'll get the hang of it. :]

FullMoon

Inkling
NNID
INFullMoon
Shout-outs to mbx, Leito and UltimageG, whoever they are, we had an amazing win streak and I went from Art Fanboy to Defender 10/50 without losing a single turf war

Now if only my connection didn't derp >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom